October 22, 2014 | 1841 users online

Toners - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Toning Lotion

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Went to the Shiseido counter at Nordstrom looking for products to improve my skin. For reference, I have extremely oily, acne prone skin with some scarring left from blemishes and minimal redness around my nose. The White Lucent line is meant to help fade scars and even out the skin tone. White Lucent line provides different products for different skin types as this toner or softener is meant for oily skin. It claims to eliminate oil and supposed to minimize pore size as well.

APPLICATION:
I can't say much about it minimizing my pores as my pores aren't so noticeable to begin with, but I can say that it helps eliminate oil production. As for evening out my skin tone, I believe I will need to use this for more than a month and a half to see the fading results. I will do an update review later on. I apply this in the morning and in the evening with the Shiseido Facial Cotton (please see review for product). It did not leave my skin feeling tight and dry. The Sales Associate gave me a sample of this to take home and use. She gave me enough to use for that I noticed less oil secretion throughout the day. So I went and purchased the full size. The only gripe I have about this, is it's a $48 USD toner and you get 5 fl oz. It's in a pretty glass bottle. I know this will last me a while.

OVERALL:
I was using the same toner since I was 13 and now that I am in my 30s, I need something more for my aging skin. When I run out, I'll probably continue using it.