October 25, 2014 | 1757 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Midnight Bakula

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Armanix09

Very arab perfume as the name suggest, good for evening wear however doesnt last very long.
Bought this off the body shop website and had free delivery for it too so was pretty cheap at 7.50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this after Christmas at half off. That probably means it's going bye bye and part of me almost wants another bottle if that is the case. $12ish a bottle I can most definitely do. I don't think I would have been willing to pay the full $25.

I sampled this in the store before I bought it. I sprayed it on, immediately sniffed it (although that NEVER works in knowing how a fragrance will actually smell and I KNOW this) and kind of found it to be too pungent. Initially there was something very sharp about the fragrance. A couple years back I bought my husband some Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier 2, which reminded me of a lot of scent combos that I like but there was this pungent sharp nature to it that made the scent more masculine so I thought it would smell nice on him (and it does).... and I initially smelled it again, but less intense in Midnight Bakula. That is what made me shy away.

So after doing some more shopping I gave my wrist another whiff just to see what the scent had dried down to. I immediately started wondering if I should go back and purchase a bottle. The dry down was so much better and totally a "me" scent. I am drawn to warm sweet scents and this is totally it. It in fact smelled like a longer lasting slightly warmer version of my beloved Ici (yes, good old drugstore Ici, I have loved it since I smelled it when I was like 6 years old lol). Ici is definitely warm and sweet but it has this bubbly effervescence about it. Midnight Bakula doesn't really have effervescent sparkliness to it, it wraps itself a little tighter and makes for a warmer sweeter scent.

There is a tad bit of earthiness to this scent as well, but nothing hippy-ish. It's not really a 'green' earthy scent... but more of a warm mother nature is gonna wrap your ass up in her arms earthiness. I love it.

If I was gonna make a completely feminine version of Gaultier 2 this would be it I think. And the last power is out of this world. I can spray it on in the morning and it is still there in the evening. It has dried down, it is sweeter and it is just one of those smells that I want to smell like...completely. It's definitely in my signature scent family...warm, sweet, comfy, cozy. I live for winter just to really get the most out of scents like these. Maybe I should go see if they have anymore bottles left....considering how much I just raved.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Midnight Bakula is described on TBS site:

"Enchanting and captivating, our Midnight Bakula fragrance features notes of juicy nectarine, delicate rose and patchouli.

Family: white floral

Features:

Uplifting fragrance

Notes of juicy nectarine, delicate rose and patchouli"

The SA kindly brought the tester for me to try (was not out on display).
The scent appears to last quite long though it was on the back of my hand i would need to re-test as washed my hand afterwards but the scent lingered.

It is fresh light patchouli fragrance which to my nose smelt unisex leaning towards the feminine side. Great for those who prefer less sweetness in their fragrances.

A 50ml botttle is 15.00 and the shape is compact and square - i was tempted to purchase. I am looking forward to trying their Rose Oud perfume which hopefully should be released in most stores in London by the end of the month (so i haved been told by TBS SA).

Nevertheless both Midnight Bakula and Rose Oud are available online.
The great thing is that the Middle East fragrances tend to last long.

Update (18.08.11): I re tried and found very strong on patch and citrus. If you like Euphoria and imagine it is mixed with Coco Mlle then you may like it. The body cream also is very strong therefore lippies down graded to three.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

I picked this up on a whim and while I like it well enough, I don't think I'd bother repurchasing it. Midnight Bakula is supposed to showcase the white bakula flower, which I've never smelled, but the perfume smells like slightly syrupy/sticky/dried fruit. Kind of get a warm, berry/plummy vibe from it. There's a little rose and citrus, as well. This a little different and definitely more interesting than Dreams Unlimited and most of the other bland perfumes I sniffed at TBS. Midnight Bakula is fairly linear and its staying power is just average on me, but it is an EDT, after all. The perfume did not come with a box, which is more eco-friendly, but I don't throw away the boxes -- I like to store my perfumes in them -- so I was a teeny bit disappointed about that.