August 30, 2014 | 1823 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - lip perfection Lipstick in Embrace

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ema333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love the color. Depending on how much you apply you can achieve quite a few different shades of this purple-y color. I like to switch up my styles.. one day girly, the next day punk, and this lipstick is perfect for that. Mostly I like to put 2 dark coats on my lips, i absolutely love the deepness of the purple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely gorgeous, long wearing lipstick. I am very fair with dark blonde hair and I think this looks sensational. Admittedly it is a strong color but it is easily toned down with a little blotting or lip gloss. I am hooked on Lip Perfection lipsticks because when I put my lipstick on in the morning, I want the color to last and these deliver. I do reapply throughout the day but mostly to add a little moisture and intensity. The basic color usually lasts for hours. Great price, great packaging - not flashy, not too boring, not embarrassing to pull out of my purse, either. I highly recommend. There are so many shades to choose from, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolutely beautiful purple-y red lipstick. It's quite versatile in the sense that it can be applied lightly for a pretty berry stain, or worn full-force for an electric plum look! I really enjoy wearing it out because it's very long-wearing. Even after a night of eating and drinking, it stayed put for me, which is awesome considering I hate having to re-apply all night. The consistency is smooth and glides on nicely, and the product doesn't dry out my lips. All-in-all I love it and would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Lanayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color in the tube is a very deep, rich blue based plum. However depending on the way you apply it, this lipstick ranges from a sheer vampy fuchsia, to a deep berry and finally close to- but not quite as- dark as the color it appears to be in the tube.That being said, this color can carry you from spring to winter! I have very fair, cool toned skin and this color compliments it nicely at it's varying shades. I prefer to dab it on with my finger over vaseline prepped lips. The lasting power is fair but this lipstick does leave behind a pretty stain. I don't mind it..I actually love it, but I know some of you will not like that. I have even used it as a cream blush by dabbing just a bit on the apples of my cheeks and blending out! I love the versatility of the color- I'm able to use it for sweeter girl next door looks to extremely vampy and more high fashion looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by youngpunkk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first, and so far only, Lip Perfection lipstick I've tried, and I have to start out by saying that the formula and staying power are fantastic. I generally pass over CG in the store because I associate it with the powdery blue eyeshadow my mom wore while I was growing up, and so I see it as a sort of dated brand. But on the hunt for a new lipstick a while ago, I came across Embrace, and I thought it looked like a quirky, orchid purple type of shade so I bought it because I had nothing else like it in my arsenal. Unfortunately, it comes out more pink than it looks in the tube. Don't get me wrong, it's still a super pretty shade of magenta/fuschia and I definitely still wear it, but it isn't what I expected when I bought it (should have swatched in store, oops!).

I enjoy that the packaging of these has the color of the product as the bottom of the tube (although, in this case, there was a bit of discrepancy between the two, as stated above). The dark purple packaging is nice, too. It's easy to find in my lipstick bin when I want to wear it -- it stands out from all the black tubes that every other lipstick seems to come in. So that's a plus.

The price on this, I felt, was a bit steep. Approximately $9 for a drugstore lipstick is a little more than I would prefer to spend, especially when I can get quality lipsticks for around $2 from brands like Wet n Wild. I would repurchase from this line again because I really love the formula, but I don't think I would go nuts and buy a bunch of shades, because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love allllll the Lip Perfection lipsticks... but never bought this one because the color looks scary in the tube. Finally tried it & it's a rly nice bright pink/purple. .. like you ate a grape popsicle .. highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I actually thought this color looked weird in the tube, but bought it because I felt like I wanted to see how I look in a weird, glowy bright purple lipstick. What a surprise to see that it looks GOOD! Very good! To me this lipstick goes on as nicely as a higher-end (think Chanel, Dior) lippie. And this color is perfect -- a little out of the ordinary, but pretty! Stylish! Wearable! I'm almost afraid to tell you all how nice the Embrace color is, because you might buy them all. I want two more, to put in my sisters' Christmas stockings!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Suave14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick its very long lasting :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh Cover Girl, you have my favorite lipsticks. I adore this line, and this color is absolutely enchanting. The names of the lipsticks are absolutely cute and fun, and the packaging is chic and modern. I love these colors. I have quite a few and am definitely building my collection! This color is absolutely breath taking. I have never really been a nude lip kind of girl, and although I am wearing softer lips more often - I can't help but reach for this color all of the time. It is so beautiful in the tube, it's a deep shade of purple with an iridescent blue under tone. It makes my teeth look a million shades whiter, and really has a brightening effect on my entire face. I love this paired with a cat eye, falsies, and this lip. It's such a gorgeous color. It plays up the most simple look into an very put together look. I am LOVING the purple-ish lipstick trend, and this color is absolutely PERFECT for fall. The longevity of this lipstick is unbelievable and even when it fades, it leaves a very prominent stain that looks gorgeous with some gloss over it for a more toned down look. If you aren't afraid to be bold, or you want to play up a very natural make up look and look sophisticated and edgy, wear this color! I get compliments on my lips all the time when I wear this. It also doesn't bleed. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I'm in love with CG lip perfection lipsticks! Out of the 5 colors I own, this is my hands down favorite. It appears dark purple in the tube with a subtle blue shift but applies more of a blue-based magenta. This shade will last me forever because it doesn't take much product to get my desired effect. It looks bold and dramatic, yet it's appropriate for everyday wear. My tip is for daily use I wear this as a stain, just apply and blot lightly with a tissue, then put on some clear gloss and you're set! Definitely would repurchase and continue to try other shades in this collection. Love!