August 22, 2014 | 1992 users online

Cleansers - BeneFit Cosmetics - B. Right Foamingly Clean Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I'm from the half of the population that likes the cucumber scent in this line of face products by Benefit. And it is cucumber says the department store sales lady. Not sure about that but I find it refreshing

I really like this face wash. I do not normally find it drying though occasionally my face feels a little tight afterwards which is easily fixed with a light moisturizer. It does a good job at cleansing my face and does not leave any residue behind. I typically use this at night before bed because I find the smell relaxing and the nice foaminess a nice ritual to calm me down in the evening. I have issues with acne and this has not affected it one way or the other, if anything my acne has been slightly better since using it regularly for the past few months-- but I've also done other anti acne face washes and routines so wouldn't take that too far.

The major downfall of this line is packaging. It's absolutely beautiful in my opinion but totally worthless. I prefer my product out of pumps or easy squeeze tubes. I find myself slapping the a fairly full bottle of face wash to get it out on a nightly basis which is no bueno for my relaxing face time. Right now I'm contemplating cutting the bottle open and putting it in a different container, but I like the looks of that pretty blue bottle on my counter and taking it out of there might spoil the fun.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by katieking94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought a travel set of B-right products and this (after the heavy duty moisturiser) was my favourite thing in here

Pros:
- Love the packaging
- I like the smell (though I've heard a lot of people say the opposite)
- A little goes a long way. Just a tiny bead will cover your whole face. Even though I've purchased a full size I am still using my tester tube which has lasted a good 3 weeks now (though I know some of my friends use this twice a day, whereas I only use it once, sometimes once every two days if I'm not going out)
- Leaves skin feeling very tight and clean, not very skin-like, which perhaps should go in the cons section, but I moisturise religiously so I actually quite like i

Cons:
- Wouldn't really say this is an effective make up remover, and it's made my eyes water when I have accidentally got it in there. However this doesn't really bother me as I always take my make up off beforehand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was scared off of this cleanser for quite awhile due to all the reviews that said it was drying. I have dry, sensitive skin that can't deal with anything drying or harsh. I purchased a "try it:" kit from BeneFit that contained this cleanser...I've been using it for about a week and I love it! I was so surprised because I'd pretty much dismissed it. I only use about a pea size, and foam it up between wet hands, and message it into a damp face. It's smooth and creamy feeling, and although it washes away clean, it does not leave my skin dry and tight...on the contrary, my skin felt like silk. No burning, itching, tightness or redness. In fact, since using this cleanser and moisture cream in the same line, my skin has noticeably improved over a short period of time. As with all products, sometimes you need to try it for yourself. I'm very glad I did with this. Minus one lippie for the container. it could be better.
EDIT: I've used this cleanser for an additional week, and I'm liking it more each time I use it. I do not find it drying at all, in fact, I can actually go without moisturizer if I choose, which is rare or me because I have dry, sensitive skin. Loving this! Updated to 5 lippies!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so I rarely need to worry about any cleansing product stripping my skin, but this was just way too drying. Normally when I wash my face at night I don't apply any moisturiser afterwards (I hate how gross and oily my skin feels when I wake up), but after using this product I have to. It literally makes your skin squeaky clean, which I don't think is good in the long term. I also find the fragrance very strong and unpleasant. And the stiff tube makes me think it will be really hard to squeeze out any product once you get to the end. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by thechain

I like this cleanser.
I was first attracted to the packaging, probably the best quality of Benefit products.
Then I was obsessed with the smell. It made me incredibly nostalgic because it smelled just like something my mother used when I was a child.

The cleanser itself is creamy, and it foams fairly well.
It leaves my face feeling clean, but a little bit dry. But that's okay for me, because it helps with my combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ahh, i have mixed thoughts on this cleanser.

The cleanser comes in a stiff tube with a twist off cap. This does make it a little difficult to dispense. The consistency is both milky and fluid like, kind of in-between. I found it did foam semi-decently when I massaged it into my damp face. Like the other products in Benefit's skincare line, it has that generic "shampoo" like smell. I try to avoid fragrance in my skincare products, but in regards to this cleanser I didn't mind it too much because its a very "clean" scent. However, I did HATE the scent when it came to the moisturizer in this line. I guess its because the cleanser is washed off while the moisturizer isn't.

After rinsing the cleanser off my face, I did notice it removed my foundation fairly well. I also found it left a tight, dry feeling to my face. I prefer my cleansers to leave a silky moisturized type feeling to my skin. Obviously Foamingly Clean is slightly harsh on the skin. I know people with oilier skin sometimes prefer the squeaky clean feeling, but it is NOT good for your skin.

Overall, I liked the texture and smell of the cleanser, but the packaging and the end results of the cleanser were less than favourable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by AngelaBetsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a nice creamy cleanser, takes everything off without drying. A little too creamy for me in warm weather but fine in winter. But I recently couldn't get more out of the container, and cut it open to retrieve the last bits - and there was a TON of product left. I scooped it out and will use it but I bet many people would just toss it, there had to be 1/5 of the container stuck to the walls. So, lousy dispensing system, although I have to say its appearance it what brought me in.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Sharmeen8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this product! I use this with my clarisonic plus, and need a dime size! it foams up really nicely and leaves my skin feeling so smooth! I used to use Elizabeth ardens cleanser but fancied a change, and boy was it worth it. I would defo buy this again but i am eyeing up the lancomes and macs cleansers. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Amolly

Overall, it is a very nice cleanser, it lathers really well. I use this in conjunction with my S&G mini mitt, and a pea size amount is all I need to cover my face. I love the fragrance of this and always makes me feel like I've been pampered. Since using it (for about 4 months now) I feel like its really controlled my blemishes and given my complexion a brighter look.

Although I admit that it is pricey like the rest of Benefit's products and I could probably find a cheaper alternative, but a little really does go a long way, so the price would probably work out the same.

The packaging is sturdy, but I can see a potential problem when it goes down to half empty, and it would be troublesome to squeeze out. But I'll edit this once I get there.

Hope this helped x

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by artartistartistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this cleanser and really liked it. My face seemed clearer and fairly calm. When I bought the full-sized product, however, my skin started burning from it. When it was on my face, it would sting, and when I put my moisturizer on afterward, it would burn again. This product feels luxurious in texture and would probably work well for people who don't have such sensitive, troublesome skin, but I had to go back to my simple Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin.