July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Conditioner - Desert Essence - Coconut Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells wonderful! no silicones and is moisturizing! I only use a pea size amount on my ends and the softness is unreal!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I just finished the tube and don't think I'll repurchase it. I bought it based on reviews because I wanted something natural, silicon free and moisturizing but this one didn't really work for me. It makes my hair a little hard to comb thru and detangle and didn't feel moisturized and soft like I was expecting. I don't really like the fragrance either, it smells a little chemically to me not like real coconut, it reminds me of suave coconut conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by rustybag

This was an excellent conditioner a couple of years ago before it was reformulated. It used to be spreadable, and penetrated the hair nicely, and rinsed clean. It left hair moisturized and very shiny. I decided to buy it again despite the reformulation, wanting something protein and silicone free, and hoping it would have a similar effect on my fine, drier at ends hair.

This new formula is thick and waxy, and just sits on the hair, rather than penetrating like the previous formula. It's hard to rinse out, leaving a bit of a coating on the hair. My hair is not as shiny or moisturized. Might be best for those who have thick / frizzy hair and prefer a thicker/ waxier conditioner that weighs the hair down a little bit. No longer suitable for my fine/ dry hair. The Piņa colada scent is still nice. I'm so disappointed, though, I used to love this conditioner :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is better than the shampoo in this line, but again it's nothing special for me. It doesn't condition miraculously or make my hair as smooth as other conditioners. I am seriously baffled because both have coconut oil and other natural ingredients.

This does do well on my son and husband's hair which is fine and normal. Mine is very thick, wavy, and coarse. With mine it's just an average conditioner. The smell is great and I love the chemical free company, but this isn't something I can use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been using LUSH Coolaulin since 1998. I needed a change. I can't believe it took me so long to try this conditioner. I have abundant, fine, slightly wavy, chemically treated dry/damaged medium length hair. This conditioner made it look and feel healthy, soft, smooth and shiny right after I finished coloring it again for the third time in 6 weeks with a semi-permanent hair color. All this without 'cones!!! I love the way my hair soaks it up and the delicious coconut fragrance that lingers in my hair full of body and volume. I plan to try it out to co-wash. Finally, I've found my new HG conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Really like this conditioner, in conjunction with the shampoo. That being said, there are perhaps better things I've not discovered but I'm tired of testing products.
This conditioner has a nice scent, it lingers fairly well but isn't overwhelming. Has decent slip for when I comb my hair in the shower(bad, I know! It's the only way that works for me though), though my hair tends to tangle after that. I usually mix some with water and spray it in my hair, braid or twist it, sleep on it, and wake up with incredibly soft, shiny hair.
I like that it comes in a tube, and I don't have the same not coming out problem as I do with the shampoo. I wish I could buy a larger size though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

I use this with Giovanni 50/50, live in a humid tropical country (Singapore), and it's amazing. I used to have very dry and damaged hair, deep conditioned weekly and religiously apply hair oil to my hair. So I switched to this conditioner, and out goes the deep conditioner and hair oil. Just using this with the shampoo give me glossy, healthy hair that's not weighed down (voluminous hair is impt to me). Even my mum noticed the change and asked me what I'm using. Trying to decide with DE shampoo to use this with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When my hairdresser said "Oh, all highghted blondes get some breakage, I knew this was not good news" What to do? After watching Pinksofoxy recommend this on Youtube,I decided to buy some.Her hair is like mine, highlighted, coarse, wavy when dry. Plus she is in Hawaii a super dry, hot climate.This is the BEST conditioner I have ever used. . As another reviewer said, its like using coconut oil but with the added power of of olive, shea, almond and jojoba for your hair. I also got the shampoo and heat protector and as a system ,they gave me the best hair I have had all summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Westiw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thick and creamy leaves hair shiney and soft, smells stongly of coconuts I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by brooklynbee

Love this conditioner & the shampoo. It has a mild but pleasant smell and the price is extremely reasonable. No silicones. It does condition your hair without weighing it down too much, and it makes my hair really shiny!