*update. This foundation powder is NOT the buisiness. it clearly looks like you are wearing powder- like skin toned flour. no matter how much you buff it in, it just sits on your face & looks cakey right off the bat. my skin was prepped properly. exfoliated & moisturized.. not good. mad I wasted $10 on 2 teaspoons worth of samples... shipping was $5..smh
placed my order on 10/31/2011 for 2 f foundation powder samples... wish I could give a review on the product.. BUT I HAVENT RECEIVED IT YET!
Will update this review once I finally receive the product.
*sigh* i was really hoping id love this....and i guess i half heartily do. hmmm i think pros and cons would be easiest for this product. But seriously i feel so self conscious when i wear this because i know it looks bad, but its the only fnd. i have right now. Also i really tried every way to make this work and id just did not :(
-The ingredients are awesome. they're simple, natural/organic and vegan.
ingredients --> arrowroot powder, iron oxides, zinc oxides, matcha green tea, calendula, lavender and kudzu root.
- on an opaque scale 1 being sheer and 5 being opaque id give this a 4 (on moisturized skin though) so the coverage is really good.
-applies really smooth
- blends easy when used dry and with a kabuki brush
- gives a smooth glowy but matte finish, like a cream/matte finish
-really good color selection and undertone selection
-you get a decent amount of product
-easy to remove
- HORRIBLE STAYING POWER, on the website it has pretty good reviews and they like the staying power but oh lord NO. I have dry skin w/out makeup on and oily w/ makeup and this powder does not like me. Its odd though. okay i apply this in the morning around 6-7am. and the coverage and finish is gorgeous but give it not even an hour and it gets nasty. and its not like your typical foundation that just becomes oily, shiny,kinda sheer and just seems to disappear this foundation still stays full coverage and it doesnt feel that oily and doesnt look shiny or disappear it just cakes up and slides around on your face and it looks god awful! it seriously just migrates on your face and you try to blend it back together, nope it just slides and streaks around even more. And the caking is really bad too, especially around the nostrils and eye crease.
-after a few hours then it finally starts to disappear.
-color looks really bad over concealer
-makes me look old after a few hours cuz i sinks into the lines under my eyes
- hard to blend and is more sheer if your not wearing moisturizer under it
-wearing too much moisturizer or a richer moisturizer or a serum (serum is the ultimate no no with this!) with this leads to ULTIMATE NASTY AND CAKING
-do not try and apply w/ a damp sponge, or mix w/ moisturizer to make a TM, or apply wet w/ a fnd. brush JUST DONT DO IT!
NOTHING WORKED W/ IT!!! UGHHHH ...good thing it was on sale, still a bit pricy but i got it for 15 and its originally 20. so a little positivity lol.
UPDATE: YES! i finally figured out a way to wear this and get it to stay. before applying i pressed in arrowroot powder all over my face over my concealer and then brushed away the excess so my face is matte and smooth and then i apply this powder over that one w/ a kabuki brush. Doing it this way keeps it matte all day and keeps it on all day, it can still get a tiny bit splotchy trough out the day but its not bad.