April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is what I *thought* IT Cosmetics CC cream was going to be. I AM IN LOVE!!! But I bet this would be a total miss for a lot of people.

People who will likely love it... Light to medium (maybe fair too???) Normal to dry skin people wanting dewy, light-medium coverage

Color: This pumps out as a purplish-gray-taupe (sounds hideous right?). I've seen some of those change from gray to skintone right before your eyes BB creams like Tarte and Almay have. This one is similar in that it comes out a weird color, but it doesn't immediately change colors like those do. I'm going to say it takes about 10 minutes to match my skintone. It looks majorly ASHY when first applied. I am NC20 (leaning to the lighter and more neautral of that color) and once applied - matches my skin PERFECTLY. I'm talking spot on! I think skin tones a few shades lighter and darker could use this. Really yellow skin may have trouble as I think this is pretty neutral and really deep skin tones may look ashy. I think cooler skins would like this b/c most BBs are SO yellow. I highly suggest buying a sample off ebay or beggin for a sample at Sephora to take home. This looks especially good if I put a little bronzer around my forehead to contour (I'm addicted to contouring).

Finish: Dewy but not too shiny finish. Oily skin ladies - this has ZERO oil control in it. I have fairly dry skin but oilier in my t-zone lately. I do have to use oil sheet or powder in afternoon in my t-zone. I *think* the black label BB is better for oily skin. Best of all and I can't say this strongly enough - it is SO SKINLIKE! Does NOT cling to dry places.

Package: The pump works great - you can easily get a partial pump. I agree with others that there is a lot of waste if you don't open it and clean it out at end.

1 Step: This truly is a 1-step product. Great for busy days and for weekends. SPF45/PA+++ meaning superior UVB and UVA. Good stuff in it to help lighten any spots or hyperpigmentation. I don't have a lot to conceal undereye - I have started skipping my undereye concealer when I wear this. I usually don't powder over this in the morning. Haivng dry skin - I hate using powder (I do powder in afternoon).

Coverage: Light to medium. This is perfect for me.

Price: It's a little spendy at $39 but I would easily pay that for s/s + foundation. Also, this is 1.5oz/40mL - many BB's are only 1oz. So make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Lasting: As said above, I do have to powder in the afternoon b/c it does get too dewy on me. I do live in a hot and humid place. I am pleased with the lasting power though. It does not "breakdown" like some foundations do.

I've used the same foundation for I'm guessing ~8 years (and I still love it) but wanted to see what else was new and wanted to try a all-in-1 product. I think I may like this better than my HG! *squeal*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been trying out different tinted moisturisers and usually use Clinique Citiblock Sheer SPF 25. I like this BB Cream. Application is smooth and it sinks in well. Uses physical mineral ingredient sun barriers rather than chemical (no eye irritation) and has no fragrance. Color does run pinkish-grey, but it works for my skin tone so I can't complain. (Usually tinted BB creams are too yellow or too orange for my pale skin.) Price is mid-, heading into high for something purchased at the drugstore, but quality is quite good. Not the biggest fan of the hard-sided tube, but I did crack it open to get everything out at the end. If you don't dig everything out, there is too much wastage at that price. Will probably pick this up on sale as an alternative to my beloved Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kaylayaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love it. I thought this was finally the product that can make my skin look good in one step (I have acne-prone, very oily all over, acnes scars) and it looked like a perfect finish just after application. But a couple of hours later, it started to feel oily and messy, like it disintegrated. No coverage anymore when it starts to melt off my face. It was a rainy cold day, I was in aircon room and I wasn't even perspiring as I usually do. I guess I shouldn't blame the product as there hasn't been a product that matches my skin perfectly. But I wouldn't recommend to people with oily skin and I would't repurchase again, at least not the Silver Label.

p.s. It broke me out. Pretty sure this was the culprit as nothing else was on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by stayradical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great medium between a BB cream and a foundation; it's not too heavy but not too sheer. Although when first applied, I found it was a little too dark, it blended nicely with my skin tone within a few hours. This never once broke me out, but I would definitely say that it's more suited for dryer to combination skin as I found the finish slightly dewy/shiny. I definitely needed a matte powder for this one. As far as packaging I looved how sturdy it was, great for traveling!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I bought 2 Dr. Jart BB creams - the Black Label and Premium. I ended up using the Black Label first and falling in love with it. I wish I had used Premium first - because while I like it just fine, I definitely prefer the Black Label.

How do they differ? The Premium reminds me more of North American BB's, it has sheer-light coverage and isn't very buildable (gets too shiny if layered), and a more oily-feeling moisturising base - the slickness is unappealing to me. If you don't use powder it tends to feel a tiny bit sticky on your face. I like dewy but this was a bit much on my skin. It feels like applying lotion, that hasn't quite sunk in - whereas the Black Label was a bit more matte, but very natural and non-greasy. Also, when I did a side-by-side comparison on my hand, I could tell the Premium was a bit more pinkish which is more noticeable on my yellow-toned skin in sunlight, while the Black Label has a more beige tone. Both are very light, and will probably work for those with fair to the lightest of medium skin tones (about NC20-25 max in my opinion, otherwise it can look grey). I was unable to wear this in the summer and hated both of them initially as my skin was darker, about NC25-30ish. When I did use it, I had to mix them with darker foundation - which is an option if it's a bit light for you.

The Premium can be good for casual make-up days. It is also fragrance-free. The coverage is enough to even out skin tone but not cover blemishes or dark circles or anything along those lines. But in the end - I prefer the Black Label, it blended perfectly into my skin and can be sheered out or built up to medium coverage, and I felt it "meshed" better with skin. I would not repurchase the Premium.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have found my HG of TM/BB creams. This stuff is amazing. Great coverage, blends into my (NW 20) skin shade perfectly. I look absolutely flawless without looking like I'm wearing makeup at all. Very moisturizing without being greasy and absorbs well. When it comes out of the bottle it looks neutral almost gray, but when I blend it matches me perfectly. Only two downsides are the bottle, I can't tell when I'm running low until I've completely run out. The bottle, although it has a nice pump, it a hard case that you can't see through. Also the price. At $39 my wallet won't allow me to buy this as often as I would like/need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

This stuff is great! I've been wearing it for the past year or so. Although this product is on the expensive side, I don't need to use moisturizer, primer, or powder with it. When I get home, I don't feel like I immediately need to wash it off, like I usually do with foundation. I bought the Dr. Jart BB cream sampler set from Sephora. I didn't like the Renewalist or the Black Label varieties (too greasy and wrong color), but I ended up buying full-sizes of the Water Fuse and Premium. I do wonder how it would work on someone with a different skin tone. (I'm somewhere around NC/NW 20). I would say that the Premium is slightly darker than the Water Fuse.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

I was never really a fan of BB creams only b/c I felt I always needed heavy coverage. However, Sephora had a promotion & I got a small pack of 5 different BB creams. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It provided okay coverage. Definitely evened my skin tone but did not cover dark blemishes. A bit of concealer did the trick though. ;) I did not set my face w/ powder afterwards. I only wore it for about 5 hrs & I didn't need the slightest bit of touching up. It looked wonderful & make my skin appeared super smooth. It minimized the appearance of my pores fairly well. I probably wouldn't go out in the bright sun w/ this simply b/c I want a little more coverage but when I'm in indoors this will definitely be my go-to. So simple. Saves me the hassle of moisturizing, priming, applying foundation, & then a powder & then a setting spray (although you can). Love it! Might even repurchase a full size when I run out of BB creams!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No coverage what so ever. I will never purchase this. I received a decent size sample of this & tried it over a few days. Didn't help w/my oily ness and I need some sort of coverage but this didn't offer that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

I have a hard time trusting one-color-fits-all BB products, because first of all, that's impossible for a BB cream to do unless it's completely colorless. Second, the color usually adds a cast to my face, be it white, grey, orange, peach...this one tends to lighten my skin tone and make me look paler than I am. But it does smooth imperfections and even things out, so it makes a great base under my foundation. No breakouts either. For a one-color-fits-all BB, this one is pretty good. Darker skin tones may not be able to work with it though.

I love that it has a high SPF instead of the SPF 15 (or less!) that a lot of products trot out...though that high SPF may be why the cream throws a pale cast on me.