July 31, 2014 | 1344 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a mini tube of this as a Sephora VIB offer -- I was thrilled to get it because I had wanted to try it for a few years. My experience with it was mixed:
The Good:
- covers redness well for a BB cream
- has a dewy, natural finish
- includes spf 45 broad-spectrum protection (zinc + titanium dioxide)
- does not cause breakouts or irritation on my sensitive/reactive/acne-prone/rosacean skin
- reasonably priced ($39 usd)
- can be found easily as it's available at Sephora

The Bad:
- seems like it never really sets completely (transfers)
- it comes in one shade only -- and that shade is very cool-toned and pinky (doesn't seem like it would match many people)

The Ugly:
- with my yellow undertones (I'm NC15), this looks almost lavender and clashes in a really obvious way. Makes me look sickly. I hope they come out with more shades because I would definitely give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Has EGF and all kinds of good ingredients that meet my very particular standards and requirements. It matches my pale pink cool Nordic skin tone perfectly and my sensitive skin loves it. The SPF is just a bonus bc I wear Skinmedica physical block underneath it, but I'd even wear this at night by itself if I were out of my MUFE HD foundation. Love it. Can't wait to try other Dr. Jart products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by nadanylee

I am OBSESSED with this product. I used to wear only Bare Minerals but it wouldn't stay on. Then I switched to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and it did not have enough coverage for me...it was super shiny and worst of all gave me the worst break outs!! I switched over to Too Faced tinted moisturizer and it was pretty good. THEN I made the switch to Dr Jarts by suggestion from a friend. IT IS AMAZING!! It has great coverage, feels SOO smooth on my skin, wears all day, love love love. The only reason I took away a star is because it doesn't match my skin great now that it is the summer and my skin is a shade darker. I am still pretty fair as I don't tan great and it's still to light. Bummer...I love it for the summer though, it's my fav so far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I went to Sephora asking for some samples of sweat-proof foundation. When I posted on thie message board, a user recommended this. I tend not to like BB Creams very well, because they give almost no coverage. But I was willing to give a try. So I got a sample of this from Sephora.

I really don't like this BB cream. There are a few reasons why. First, this comes in only one shade. It claims to be for every skintone. But I don't think it really is. The cream itself is almost a greyish color. When I first applied it, it looked AWFUL. It basically made me look like I was dead. Given a little time, it did adjust somewhat to my skin, but I've had much better color matches with other foundations.

2nd, I would describe this as sheer to light coverage. It is definitely NOT medium coverage. Due to a genetic disease, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face. They make me self-conscious, so I like to cover them up. But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. Even after applying two layers, you could still clearly see the redness under the makeup.

I also think that this is way overpriced. In my opinion, it's not even mediocre.

If you are someone who needs very little coverage, I would recommend this BB cream. But if you have anything you want to hide, this simply won't do the trick. You are better off looking elsewhere. I will probably end up throwing away the sample, and will not purchase a full-sized bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by SamusandSigint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this and loved it so much I purchased it. I love the consistency, color, and finish, and I appreciate the high SPF. My skin looked and felt amazing, and it seemed smoother after a short time of using it. I do, however, hate the packaging. I paid about $45 for a tube of this and thought I'd received a bad dispenser, but after reading some of the other reviews I just realized it's just a terrible pump. I ended up taking the thing apart and use a nail stick to scrape out a significant amount of cream that was still inside the (hard, un-cuttable) tube. Honestly I haven't reordered this cream because of the packaging, which is sad because the product itself is fantastic. If you have the patience to dig around a poorly designed tube and can put up with a hesitating dispenser that sprays the cream on the floor instead of your fingers, have at it - the cream is worth it. Until they put it in a plain, squeezable tube, I won't be buying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is how all BB creams should be. This one is so luxurious, the formula is to die for. Just so blendable and silky. It takes a moment for it to "dry" and not feel wet. Covers up all sorts of imperfections and under eye darkness! This will match most skintones and it does look very natural, but it still makes one slightly paler due to the high SPF. For awhile I wore this as my daily "foundation" but I wanted to look less pale and went back to my Bobbi skin foundation. This BB cream is nice because it can be mixed with other products to add some moisture/spf/ or blurring. Oh, it also stays on ALL freaking day. My friend and her boyfriend told me my makeup looked nice at the end of a long night when I wore this out to a show. I am only 27 but this would be great for aging faces or women who have decided not to wear makeup anymore due to foundation enhancing appearance of age. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Bussy

This is by far the best BB cream I have tried, and I have tried a few. It goes on very smoothly, blends in perfectly. It does not dry my skin out or make it flakey, like others do. It works well with other products and does not ball up. It does not make me break out. It looks very natural. Beautiful stuff! Worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The product is VERY ashy. I'm NW20, and it works for me, especially since the coverage is so sheer, but I can see this being a problem for anyone with more pigment. It does a wonderful job of taking the redness out of my skin however, applies smoothly, and feels fairly hydrating. I'd suggest for anyone who has nice-ish skin, but wants a more polished look. I got it to condense my every-day makeup: I use it to skip moisturizer, sunscreen and primer.

The bottle is silly. It's hard plastic with a pump, which always puts out too much product and tends to "burp" it out unevenly. I haven't finished a bottle yet, so I can't say about how efficient it is about getting out all the product. A squeeze bottle, or a standard cylinder and pump would have been better.

It has a good rating on Paula's Choice and a high SPF/PA rating, so I'm comfortable wearing it as a substitute for sunscreen on indoor days.

Overall, it's very nice. Maybe not worth 40$, but I'll be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is what I *thought* IT Cosmetics CC cream was going to be. I AM IN LOVE!!! But I bet this would be a total miss for a lot of people.

People who will likely love it... Light to medium (maybe fair too???) Normal to dry skin people wanting dewy, light-medium coverage

Color: This pumps out as a purplish-gray-taupe (sounds hideous right?). I've seen some of those change from gray to skintone right before your eyes BB creams like Tarte and Almay have. This one is similar in that it comes out a weird color, but it doesn't immediately change colors like those do. I'm going to say it takes about 10 minutes to match my skintone. It looks majorly ASHY when first applied. I am NC20 (leaning to the lighter and more neautral of that color) and once applied - matches my skin PERFECTLY. I'm talking spot on! I think skin tones a few shades lighter and darker could use this. Really yellow skin may have trouble as I think this is pretty neutral and really deep skin tones may look ashy. I think cooler skins would like this b/c most BBs are SO yellow. I highly suggest buying a sample off ebay or beggin for a sample at Sephora to take home. This looks especially good if I put a little bronzer around my forehead to contour (I'm addicted to contouring).

Finish: Dewy but not too shiny finish. Oily skin ladies - this has ZERO oil control in it. I have fairly dry skin but oilier in my t-zone lately. I do have to use oil sheet or powder in afternoon in my t-zone. I *think* the black label BB is better for oily skin. Best of all and I can't say this strongly enough - it is SO SKINLIKE! Does NOT cling to dry places.

Package: The pump works great - you can easily get a partial pump. I agree with others that there is a lot of waste if you don't open it and clean it out at end.

1 Step: This truly is a 1-step product. Great for busy days and for weekends. SPF45/PA+++ meaning superior UVB and UVA. Good stuff in it to help lighten any spots or hyperpigmentation. I don't have a lot to conceal undereye - I have started skipping my undereye concealer when I wear this. I usually don't powder over this in the morning. Haivng dry skin - I hate using powder (I do powder in afternoon).

Coverage: Light to medium. This is perfect for me.

Price: It's a little spendy at $39 but I would easily pay that for s/s + foundation. Also, this is 1.5oz/40mL - many BB's are only 1oz. So make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Lasting: As said above, I do have to powder in the afternoon b/c it does get too dewy on me. I do live in a hot and humid place. I am pleased with the lasting power though. It does not "breakdown" like some foundations do.

I've used the same foundation for I'm guessing ~8 years (and I still love it) but wanted to see what else was new and wanted to try a all-in-1 product. I think I may like this better than my HG! *squeal*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been trying out different tinted moisturisers and usually use Clinique Citiblock Sheer SPF 25. I like this BB Cream. Application is smooth and it sinks in well. Uses physical mineral ingredient sun barriers rather than chemical (no eye irritation) and has no fragrance. Color does run pinkish-grey, but it works for my skin tone so I can't complain. (Usually tinted BB creams are too yellow or too orange for my pale skin.) Price is mid-, heading into high for something purchased at the drugstore, but quality is quite good. Not the biggest fan of the hard-sided tube, but I did crack it open to get everything out at the end. If you don't dig everything out, there is too much wastage at that price. Will probably pick this up on sale as an alternative to my beloved Clinique.

Edited to say I picked up another tube on sale and am upping this to 5 lippies. I still love the Citiblock Sheer, which I prefer for travel due to smaller tube size, but the Dr. Jart + has a silkier application and depending on the time of year, coverage and skin tone match can't be beat. Really love this stuff.