October 21, 2014 | 1339 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It worked really well for my combination skin. It was extremely moisturizing and provided moderate coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by coco53elaine

This product seriously broke me out, it block my pores which result in a large area of small but intensive acne around my chins and temples, wouldn't recommend it to acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Makes my face dull after 5 minutes of application. My neck and face start out the same but in a couple of minutes my face gets darker/duller. I don't want to wash my face and find that it looks better without makeup.

The product works better for me in daylight and I photograph better so that's a bonus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a mini tube of this as a Sephora VIB offer -- I was thrilled to get it because I had wanted to try it for a few years. My experience with it was mixed:
The Good:
- covers redness well for a BB cream
- has a dewy, natural finish
- includes spf 45 broad-spectrum protection (zinc + titanium dioxide)
- does not cause breakouts or irritation on my sensitive/reactive/acne-prone/rosacean skin
- reasonably priced ($39 usd)
- can be found easily as it's available at Sephora

The Bad:
- seems like it never really sets completely (transfers)
- it comes in one shade only -- and that shade is very cool-toned and pinky (doesn't seem like it would match many people)

The Ugly:
- with my yellow undertones (I'm NC15), this looks almost lavender and clashes in a really obvious way. Makes me look sickly. I hope they come out with more shades because I would definitely give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Has EGF and all kinds of good ingredients that meet my very particular standards and requirements. It matches my pale pink cool Nordic skin tone perfectly and my sensitive skin loves it. The SPF is just a bonus bc I wear Skinmedica physical block underneath it, but I'd even wear this at night by itself if I were out of my MUFE HD foundation. Love it. Can't wait to try other Dr. Jart products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by nadanylee

I am OBSESSED with this product. I used to wear only Bare Minerals but it wouldn't stay on. Then I switched to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and it did not have enough coverage for me...it was super shiny and worst of all gave me the worst break outs!! I switched over to Too Faced tinted moisturizer and it was pretty good. THEN I made the switch to Dr Jarts by suggestion from a friend. IT IS AMAZING!! It has great coverage, feels SOO smooth on my skin, wears all day, love love love. The only reason I took away a star is because it doesn't match my skin great now that it is the summer and my skin is a shade darker. I am still pretty fair as I don't tan great and it's still to light. Bummer...I love it for the summer though, it's my fav so far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I went to Sephora asking for some samples of sweat-proof foundation. When I posted on thie message board, a user recommended this. I tend not to like BB Creams very well, because they give almost no coverage. But I was willing to give a try. So I got a sample of this from Sephora.

I really don't like this BB cream. There are a few reasons why. First, this comes in only one shade. It claims to be for every skintone. But I don't think it really is. The cream itself is almost a greyish color. When I first applied it, it looked AWFUL. It basically made me look like I was dead. Given a little time, it did adjust somewhat to my skin, but I've had much better color matches with other foundations.

2nd, I would describe this as sheer to light coverage. It is definitely NOT medium coverage. Due to a genetic disease, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face. They make me self-conscious, so I like to cover them up. But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. Even after applying two layers, you could still clearly see the redness under the makeup.

I also think that this is way overpriced. In my opinion, it's not even mediocre.

If you are someone who needs very little coverage, I would recommend this BB cream. But if you have anything you want to hide, this simply won't do the trick. You are better off looking elsewhere. I will probably end up throwing away the sample, and will not purchase a full-sized bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by SamusandSigint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this and loved it so much I purchased it. I love the consistency, color, and finish, and I appreciate the high SPF. My skin looked and felt amazing, and it seemed smoother after a short time of using it. I do, however, hate the packaging. I paid about $45 for a tube of this and thought I'd received a bad dispenser, but after reading some of the other reviews I just realized it's just a terrible pump. I ended up taking the thing apart and use a nail stick to scrape out a significant amount of cream that was still inside the (hard, un-cuttable) tube. Honestly I haven't reordered this cream because of the packaging, which is sad because the product itself is fantastic. If you have the patience to dig around a poorly designed tube and can put up with a hesitating dispenser that sprays the cream on the floor instead of your fingers, have at it - the cream is worth it. Until they put it in a plain, squeezable tube, I won't be buying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is how all BB creams should be. This one is so luxurious, the formula is to die for. Just so blendable and silky. It takes a moment for it to "dry" and not feel wet. Covers up all sorts of imperfections and under eye darkness! This will match most skintones and it does look very natural, but it still makes one slightly paler due to the high SPF. For awhile I wore this as my daily "foundation" but I wanted to look less pale and went back to my Bobbi skin foundation. This BB cream is nice because it can be mixed with other products to add some moisture/spf/ or blurring. Oh, it also stays on ALL freaking day. My friend and her boyfriend told me my makeup looked nice at the end of a long night when I wore this out to a show. I am only 27 but this would be great for aging faces or women who have decided not to wear makeup anymore due to foundation enhancing appearance of age. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Bussy

This is by far the best BB cream I have tried, and I have tried a few. It goes on very smoothly, blends in perfectly. It does not dry my skin out or make it flakey, like others do. It works well with other products and does not ball up. It does not make me break out. It looks very natural. Beautiful stuff! Worth the price!