Lancome O de l'orangerie

3.6

Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrancei, Water / Aqua, Limonenei, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamatef, Ethylhexyl Salicylatef, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethanef, BHTta, Red 4 / CI 14700sz, Yellow 5 / CI 19140sz, Green 5 / CI 61570sz, Linalooli, Geranioli, Isoeugenoli, Alpha-Isomethyl Iononei, Citrali, Citronelloli, Benzyl Salicylatei

I think this is really unpleasant and cloying. Definitely heavy on the orange blossom. Smells very much like Kenneth Cole Black to me. I much prefer the O D'azure. Would never buy this, thank goodness I sampled it!

on 3/21/2013 3:53:00 PM

I really wanted to love this fragrance. I love light, fresh, citrusy, non-"perfumey" type fragrances for warmer weather. I tried this at the Lancome counter and immediately loved it and bought it. I should've waited to see how it smelled after dry-down. It dries down to a very floral, "perfumey" fragrance which while not unpleasant, is not what I expected or wanted. I will probably wear it to work, it is unoffensive and is not long lasting. Not terrible, just not what I was looking for.

on 6/26/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely remeniscent of the smell of oranges and orange blossom. Citrus with the slightest white floral.

Of the light, citrusy aquatics out there, this stands out to me. It is not sweet, but doesn't have the cleaning fluid smell of D&G light blue. I've worn it many times and I'd buy it if I had the money!

on 11/20/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I loved the original O years and years ago. I'm sure if it exists at all anymore, it's barely a shadow of what it once was. I liked O Oui, enough to own it, but I didn't love it. I was hoping to like L'orangerie, because I LOVE orange blossom, but this love was not meant to be. When I smelled L'orangerie on a test strip it smelled lovely; blossomy fresh, cool, sparkling, and I thought I fell in love. Then I put it on my skin. After an hour, it smelled like something I concocted with my chemistry set when I was 11...and not in a good way. It turned startlingly sharp, loud, and sweet, and it gave me a raging headache. As luck would have it, I couldn't wash this stuff off my skin with anything...even rubbing alcohol. It lasts on clothing through washings, and I can't seem to get it entirely out of the scarf I was wearing when I tested L'orangerie. I'm sure it's my chemistry, not the fragrance, that's the problem. I have a remarkable ability for turning the freshest, sweetest, prettiest scents into aromas of rubber tires and horse poopy. If you love orange blossom, this is a must-try (and I sincerely wish you luck). I'm very sad that it's so awful on me, but at least I have my Jo Malone...

on 6/5/2011 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wore the original O de Lancome years ago as a summer fragrance. The other day I saw an ad describing O de l
Azur, Sounded like a trip to the Riviera in a bottle. I went into the store to buy it- and bought this instead.
Why?
The O de l'Azur smelled weird on me at first, disappeared for a while, then finished with a nice scent 3-4 hours later. Who needs that?
Whereas the O de l'Orangerie smelled great at the start, in the middle, and the end (I had to shower off the finish nearly 5 hours later).

on 5/28/2011 5:20:00 PM

Love it, love it, love it, and it lasts all day! This are big bottles which I will carry in my bag and respray during the day. I initially tried a sample and it lasted until the evening and I could even smell it on my scarf so staying power is impressive.

on 5/9/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am no fragrance expert, so am not able to tell you what the top notes and base notes and so on with this new fragrance I bought in Paris for 55 euros/2.5 fl ounce.Cheaper on eBay but I have gotten taken on that in the past so I no longer but fragrances that way.
All I can say is that to me this smells like the flowers of an orange grove, not citrus-y, but a heavenly floral. Some honeysuckle too. I am in love. This will be my favorite fragrance this summer.
ETA: I've fallen out love quite quickly with this as soon as I realized it has zero, ZERO, staying power on me. I still like the fragrance but will use it quickly and not re-buy.