December 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Cream 13 - Warm Beige

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Draka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but I don't think it's worth the price.
It's a mousse like cream shadow that glides nicely on the lids. But one bad thing is that sometimes when I pick it up from the jar, it clumps under my finger and a lot more comes out. Other than that, I don't struggle anymore with applying it. I like just sweeping a wash of it, because adding too much gets shimmery quickly. I bought this having in mind a neutral product I can throw in a rush and run out the door, and it's quite good at that.
Another thing that annoys me a lot and makes me look for an alternative to it is that it creases very often (I have oily eyelids). I was expecting something far better from MUFE in this area. With a proper eye primer it would probably be ok, but it kind of defeats the purpose of this product for me.
It is waterproof indeed, and the color doesn't fade, but it is still removable with water and face wash (which is a plus, because I can't stand to rub my skin with cotton pads).
For those of you who want to purchase it: there are better, cheaper alternatives for this. At least test it for one day and see if you like how it wears.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff. I have it in two colors, and I use the lighter beige color everyday as my base color. It's a great color for a nude look, it doesn't crease and it lasts so long! They're about $20 a pot, but it's worth it if you are a fan of nude cream shadows. They last so long; I've had my beige pot for well over a year and a half and am just now getting to the bottom of the pot and this is after almost daily use.

These are great, very pigmented and totally worth the $$$. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$23 for this is dirt cheap, considering how long these pots last! (I still haven't seen the bottom of the white shimmer one - #4 Snow- which I use nearly every day, and I think I've had it for over 2years now!). I'm currently obsessed with champagne-shimmer eyeshadow. This one has just enough shimmer to work for everyday, for day or night, and looks pretty on its own or as a base to other colors. I'm Asian, and this looks darker beige on me.

One tip - you need to put this on with a synthetic brush or a finger and really blend it well on bare skin. You can't have ANY powder product under it - otherwise, it will flake, glop together and become impossible to blend. You can put other colors - powder etc. on top of it, but be sure this (and other aquacreams) are put on bare skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't like this product. It applies very patchy and is hard to blend. I have a Shiseido Hydro Powder eyeshadow in a very similar shade, and that one is a dream to work with. Very disappointed, and would not try any more Aqua Creams after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

I absolutely love this product. I was a bit put off by the price at first, then I realized that I am getting roughly 7x more product than a typical drugstore eyeliner at about 3x the price. That is a steal in my book.

The product itself is thick and a little cake-like with a slight creaminess. If you would be wearing it as an eye shadow, apply it with your fingertip, if you are wearing it as a liner, use a synthetic brush.

I bought this color specifically for my wedding, and it did not disappoint. I own this shade, #1, and #20 and I love all 3. I would purchase any color in this aqua cream line, it is a great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I only own 2 aqua creams: number 15 (gorgeous taupey/brown shade) and number 13, which is a warm champagney shade. I really like the color as well as the fact that it is very long lasting. Admittedly, it is tricky to work with, but practice makes perfect. What really brings this shadow's rating down to 3 lippies and make me refuse to buy this product again (or use it up, for what it matters) is the extreme glitter going on with this shadow. Hello glitterbomb.

It reminds me of a warmer shade of MAC Bare Study paint pot (which is shimmery, but nowhere as glittery as this).

However, I love number 15, the darker brown shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I never thought to try aqua creams because (1) I thought they'd be too shimmery (2) I don't like pots for hygienic reasons and (3) products touted as waterproof and smudgeproof don't always live up to their claims. However, I was just playing around at Sephora, and fell in love with #13. It's a nudish, champagney, pinkish color that adds a hint of subtle color and sheen to my eyelids, making my eyes look bright and refreshed. Using my ring finger, I apply a tiny bit up to where my crease would be (I'm a monolidded Asian w/ hooded eyes), and it's just gorgeous. The application is a bit tricky, though, b/c if I apply too much it can get clumpy, and once it's on, it's on. This product will not move, smudge, or run under any circumstances, and it even seems to provide a smooth base for my eyeliner and eyeshadow to "grip" onto. I'm not too keen on the pot b/c I hate dipping my finger in it and having the product exposed to the elements, but this is such a stunning, fabulous product that I can overlook it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MyWonderland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not much of an eyeshadow wearer, so this is PERFECT for when I just want a wash of colour for all over the lid. It stays put all day, and you don't need a primer with it as it can also work as a base. Wonderful! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by csayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love make up for ever aqua creams! They stay on forever. I go swimming with these on and they still stay put. The warm beige is a great color to use as a primer. I have 8 different shades and I am hoping to collect them all

Angelclarice

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybe I haven't ventured far enough into the make-up realm, but I think this product+color is one of a kind. #13 is a frosty champagne with a hint of peachy/pink undertone. I really like the texture and the frostiness - makes the aqua cream stand out a lot! It's great for days where you don't wanna be bothered with make-up, so sometimes I just apply this, mascara , blush and gloss and I'm good to go. My favorite aspect is that it REALLY brightens up the eye area, making you look awake. It can be worn alone (for a more subtle look) or with eyeshadows (pairs well with SO many shadows for a dramatic look).

Some may think the product itself is already too much (because of the frost), so if you want a toned down eye product with the same color, try MAC's Jest.