October 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Blush - Avon - Smooth Minerals - Rose Radiance

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first blush from Avon and it's gorgeous! I really like reviewing products from Avon, MARK, MaryKay, and similar brands for those of us out there who like to purchase from their books/websites, but are not able to ever actually "swatch" or even SEE in real life what the product looks like before buying (other than their crappy swatches that they do show in their books and websites which is rarely 100% accurate in my experience..)
Regardless, I have very fair (MAC NC15, or maybe even a hair lighter) and warm undertoned skin that is also oily, acne/clog-prone, and with large/visible pores. To be fair, I didn't actually purchase this through Avon, but a friend of mine did and I was able to acquire it during a swap with this great MUA'er ;-D
I wasn't really sure what to expect in the mail while waiting on it to arrive, all I knew about it was what I'd read from the other 2 or 3 reviewers here in Pville. I think I expected it to be kind of a flesh colored, bronzing/highlighting powder?..I don't know..Just because of the name I think, "Rose Radiance".. Kind of made me think of Bare Minerals and their Radance products which I was never a huge fan of, but this is indeed a blush, and a GORGEOUS blush! Not any kind of bronzing or illuminating powder :)
From what I understand this blush is around $8 or 9 USD which is an amazing price because you get a bang for your buck! There is a TON of blush in this container. I use it *very* often and still have not even slightly put a dent into all of this product! It comes in a plastic tub with a screw off lid. It is indeed plastic, but not cheapy, "going to crack/break and any second" kind of plastic.. The container/packaging actually reminded me of Tarte's Smooth Operator HD loose powder. Very similar in size and shape. Large for a loose powder, but not exactally "bulky" by any means. I personally decanted some from the large, original tub into a small 1oz travel tub (these are SO great for me to have on hand at all times!) so that I can easily carry it around in my makeup bag (along with a travel blush brush) without lugging the whole thing.
The shade is tough for me to describe though.. In the container it appears SO much different than it actually looks on my cheeks. In the tub it seems to have MASSIVE sparkles/shimmer/glitter, the whole nine yards. When I initially received it and took one glimpse at it I expected not to love it as much as I do just because I have such large pores, and typically anything too shimmery accentuates them unfortunately and does more harm than good to my complexion :( But after this blush is applied to the skin it's kind of magical how all of that shimmer sheers out and is barely visible, just leaves behind a hint of a glow and a beautiful blush shade! The actual color is a warm, baby pink with plum undertones to it. I can see it being flattering on all skintones (warm/cool, fair/dark, etc) and is also much more pigmented and I expected to be. Just the slightest dab on my brush is enough for both cheeks meaning that this really will last me a lifetime :) However, even if it did not, for the beautiful color that this is and the inexpensive pricetag, I would still repurchase. It's certainly one of my all time favorite blushes :) It is also buildable. I can use a small amount for a light "flush" or apply more for a bolder blush look. It's versatile and doesn't look powdery/cakey when you add more. I've also had zero issues with clogged pores/breakouts from this blush which is awesome! :)
Overall, this blush is more than worthy of 5 lippies from me, and I highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lovely light pink blush is simply beautiful. I waited forever to order it because I doubted it contained enough pigmentation to serve as a good blush (I already had the Radiance concept by both Avon and Bare Minerals and wasn't impressed). Went ahead and ordered based on all the great reviews, and I have LOVED it. It is such a flattering shade of pink -- a light dusty pink that gives a gorgeous pale rose glow. A little goes a long way, too. Skin looks natural and beautiful with this particular blush. Love, love, love this blush. The Avon Smooth Minerals blushes have all been of great quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I paid about $8, which I think is very reasonable. The container comes sealed with a plastic sticker over the holes and the powder stays in there when you remove the strip. I didn't buy the Avon brush because it seems epensive. This powder is very easy to use! I just give the closed container a little shake and then use the cap to dab my brush.

I have dry/acne-prone winter skin and this product has not affected it in the 1.5 weeks I've been using it. I love that this color has purple hues in it, which seems to compliment everyone's skin tone. It doesn't spill when I put it in my bag and it isn't glittery like other products I've tried. I am SOLD on the Smooth Minerals line!

I was cautious of Avon because I've found some of their products to be too dry, their SPF face creams used to attract sun to me, and I don't like the pyramid pay-out idea. With that said, I haven't used Avon in a long time. I only bought this because my rep and I agreed to buy from each other's school-related fundraisers. Well TG because I love this. The only problem is that I have to share it with friends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A nice pink color, when you see it in the container you see some sparkle but it doesn't show up sparkly on the face which is nice, I have very fair skin so I apply it with a light hand and it lasts almost the whole day.