December 18, 2014 | 1674 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur #59 Golden Melon

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by antatolii

STUNNING COLOR.A PEACHY PINK WITH KINDA METALLIC FINISH.COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING SIMILAR .I HAVE FAIR SKIN AND USE THIS WITH TERRACOTA.IT LOOKS GREAT BUT EXPENSIVE.22 EURO WITH 35% DISCOUNT.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I usually can't leave the house without a red lip but this is the only exception.
I have never had a make up product with such staying power! I apply this at 8:30 in the morning, through the day I'm drinking starbucks and eating, when I get home at 3:30, my lips aren't dry, the lipstick hasn't budged and the colour is still 99% there. I really don't know how it does it. When I'm out with people wearing this I get so many compliments about how gorgeous the colour is and many "how is your lipstick still on?!" remarks.
Paying 25 for a lipstick is obviously excessive, but this is really worth it. The packaging is gorgeous, the lipstick it's self with the YSL logo printed in is lovely, the colour is gorgeous and matches with a lot of my make up looks, it lasts forever, and it stays all day. This is the only lipstick I don't apply lip balm under too.
I try not to use it often because I don't want to run out of it, but when I do I will run to my nearest beauty hall and get it again.
The golden peachy pinky colour is such a wonderful mix.
My holy grail lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hope I can return it, YSL should be ashamed for putting out such a low quality lipstick at such a price, when you have cheaper brands like Bourjeois or even NYX that make better quality lipsticks!

I bought it because I liked the color, but that's where the love ended. It was impossible to apply evenly, the texture is so gross it just doesn't stick to parts of the lips, but over applies on other parts, and I guess because it's so oily it goes way beyond the lip line when smooshing lips together in an attempt to make it look smoother. A total disaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've read positive feedback about Rouge Pur No. 59 Golden Melon and it looks like a pretty color in the tube in pictures so I got it on Ebay as YSL sadly (and madly!) got rid of their original Rouge Pur lipsticks. But on me it's a thick bright gold frost that looks like disco era NYC nightclub, like Grace Jones's fave color nearly 40 years ago! LOL

But maybe that's because I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond and Fashion Fair Butterscotch. So thank heavens I only paid Ebay's prices BUT when I put this color over Revlon Sandalwood Beige lipstick then WOW it looked great and made the No. 59 look the way it's supposed to and this is without a lip pencil at all.
So I gave it one more lippie because if you layer it over other lipsticks like Revlon Sandalwood Beige lipstick or maybe a neutral/nudish pink lipstick it'll look great instead of flashy 'Studio 54' unless you do want that '54' effect!

UPDATE: The YSL Rouge Pur No. 59 Golden Melon also looks great worn over a Fashion Fair LE collection lipstick from the Sam Fine Collection called Whispering Rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I definitely LOVE this lipstick! It has a nice peach color and a bit of golden shimmer. This colour itself is suitable for the bride as it gives a nice and decent colour. Radiant and glowing! Definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are 1000s of coral colours Im sure, but YSL have committed something unforgivable when they discontinued this shade. This is because it is a coral 'color flipper' In some light, pink, then coral, then gold.

Such a huge shame it has ended. Thank God YSL saw sense and re-issued it in 2012 YAY But yet to test a new one next to original

I guess 'close' dupes would be NYX indian pink, or Benefit 'Jing-A-Ling' but none truly dupe YSL 100%

If you are looking for a lipstick version of Nars Orgasm, this would be it

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by emth23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The colour is lovely, but as I have light skin it really didn't suit me. It is very shimmery and I found that it was quite dry to apply, I can't comment on how long it last as I wiped it straight off due to me not liking the colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely shimmering peachy pink shade. If there was a lipSTICK version of Nars Orgasm shade then YSL #59 would be it! I actually pair this lipstick with Orgasm on top and a little Orgasm on my cheeks for a fresh look.

This lipstick is very creamy and moisturizing. A little goes on a long way, too.