April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur #59 Golden Melon

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've read positive feedback about Rouge Pur No. 59 Golden Melon and it looks like a pretty color in the tube in pictures so I got it on Ebay as YSL sadly (and madly!) got rid of their original Rouge Pur lipsticks. But on me it's a thick bright gold frost that looks like disco era NYC nightclub, like Grace Jones's fave color nearly 40 years ago! LOL

But maybe that's because I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond and Fashion Fair Butterscotch. So thank heavens I only paid Ebay's prices BUT when I put this color over Revlon Sandalwood Beige lipstick then WOW it looked great and made the No. 59 look the way it's supposed to and this is without a lip pencil at all.
So I gave it one more lippie because if you layer it over other lipsticks like Revlon Sandalwood Beige lipstick or maybe a neutral/nudish pink lipstick it'll look great instead of flashy 'Studio 54' unless you do want that '54' effect!

UPDATE: The YSL Rouge Pur No. 59 Golden Melon also looks great worn over a Fashion Fair LE collection lipstick from the Sam Fine Collection called Whispering Rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I definitely LOVE this lipstick! It has a nice peach color and a bit of golden shimmer. This colour itself is suitable for the bride as it gives a nice and decent colour. Radiant and glowing! Definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are 1000s of coral colours Im sure, but YSL have committed something unforgivable when they discontinued this shade. This is because it is a coral 'color flipper' In some light, pink, then coral, then gold.

Such a huge shame it has ended. Thank God YSL saw sense and re-issued it in 2012 YAY But yet to test a new one next to original

I guess 'close' dupes would be NYX indian pink, or Benefit 'Jing-A-Ling' but none truly dupe YSL 100%

If you are looking for a lipstick version of Nars Orgasm, this would be it

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by emth23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The colour is lovely, but as I have light skin it really didn't suit me. It is very shimmery and I found that it was quite dry to apply, I can't comment on how long it last as I wiped it straight off due to me not liking the colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely shimmering peachy pink shade. If there was a lipSTICK version of Nars Orgasm shade then YSL #59 would be it! I actually pair this lipstick with Orgasm on top and a little Orgasm on my cheeks for a fresh look.

This lipstick is very creamy and moisturizing. A little goes on a long way, too.