September 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Foundations - NYX - Hd foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by dnivera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talc-free. Heavy coverage, but tends to be chalky and settles into fine lines and emphasizes dryness and wrinkles. I always use this with a BB cream or moisturizer, otherwise it's too drying. The finished look appears more matte and heavy. I wouldn't repurchase, since I prefer the more natural look that comes with BB creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product, although not perfect, is magnificent for it's price.
I use it in Warm Sand, and it fits my tanned skin perfectly. It has a lot of yellow/orange pigment (hence the name Warm Sand), and it covers all of the redness, broken vessels, and acnes on my face perfectly. I need a little bit of concealer to cover the very dark acne scar, but for the milder scars I don't need any concealer at all.
It's not matte, a little bit dewy, and it doesn't make my oily face greasy like a frying pan (though I do have to touch up my face with powder every 2-3 hr). The smell is a tiny bit weird, but it's gone after a minute anyway.

Pros:
- Medium to heavy coverage, and it's buildable
- No ashiness at all on my tan skin (which is hard to get from drugstore foundations)
- Cheap price
- Could stay up to 6-7 hr when you use it with a primer
- Truly HD, you could take pictures with as much flash as you like
- Hygienic since it comes with a pump

Cons:
- A little bit heavy on the face, unlike MUFE HD Foundation
- Plastic packaging (but with the price, who am I to complain)

Will I buy it again? Yes, this is definitely my fave drugstore foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation was a disappointment. All I can do is give this a huge NO. It made my skin oily, made my face feel heavy, and broke my face out. My mother uses this foundation and she seems to like it. If you are prone to acne, I would "nyx" this product. The concealer, however, is completely different!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by underage

I really didn't like this foundation. I bought it during Ulta's sale because I had seen photos of some people wearing it and it looked very nice. I have combination skin which will get a litle oily in the t-zone. It has a strange smell that I don't like and I could smell it on my face after. The coverage is just medium but still concealed nicely. I really liked how it made my skin look luminous but it didn't have good staying power at all! I felt like it had all wiped off around by t-zone by lunch time. I returned this foundation and I barely ever do that.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Rabootie

It makes me breakout!!!! First time i purchased it, it looks good on me. A good coverage for a drugstore product. BUT when i used as a daily foundation routine, slowly, acnes poppin out. I'm not recommend this to you who have a sensitive skin

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a disappointment! I always buy the NYX primers and I love them, but the foundation is horrible. It felt way too oily, I was looking for something nice and matte but this make my skin so shiny and gross looking. The coverage wasn't anything special either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaSunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved how this foundation made my face look, it's not full coverage by any means and it smells really weird (plastic-y?!) but I see why it's an HD foundation. It's also the best match foundation I've ever found (I got number 07, am around an NC45)............. But it broke me out :( even using a primer, etc. no-go, will return to Ulta!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Looking at the name, a buyer can make the connection between this and Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. I assume that this foundation was created to be a $15 dupe of the $44 Make Up For Ever one. Having been an owner of the latter high end foundation (and curious to try out a NYX face product, since I have not owned many of their products), I decided to give this one a go! I've also been in need of a replacement for a specific color, and this foundation seemed to fit the bill.
Firstly, I noticed, when I was sampling the colors, that there weren't many shade choices. 5, if I recall correctly. So, unless you have skin that can uncannily match one of these five diverse shades, then it will be difficult to find a perfect match. The color that I was looking for turned out to be 02 Soft Beige, and it seemed very pale when I first tested it. However, once I bought it and tested it on my face, it turned out to be a darker color. These shades are in the darker range; I am naturally very fair-skinned, and I will not be able to wear this foundation unless I am tanned.So, I guess this foundation will only be useful for a month or two of the year! Also, they are somewhat orange-toned. Not Jersey Shore orange, but definitely not neutral, either. Just a heads-up.
The actual consistency of the foundation was interesting. It's very flowy and liquidy when you first dispense it, but once you start to blend it, it turns out to be a thick, medium coverage foundation. You definitely need a brush for this, if you want coverage that isn't streaky. However, it does cover most imperfections, and does a great job of evening out skin tone. I usually don't use concealer with this! The finish itself is very dewy, and gives a nice glow- personally, I wouldn't risk getting photos done with this foundation, because it is quite reflective.
Staying power is all right- not perfect, but can last the whole day with primer, but still can smudge easily if you're oily. What I found interesting, and liked a lot, was the smell of this foundation. It is pretty strong, and very chemical, but it smells like pleasant chemicals, for lack of a better description. :) Overall, I do not think of this as anything to rave over- it is a decent foundation, just living up to my personal expectations. I recommend this foundation, but not with overflowing enthusiasm.
As for its performance compared with MUFE's foundation, I prefer the MUFE. I absolutely loved that foundation, and this one didn't live up quite as well. If you're wondering which one is better, I'd spend the $44 on the MUFE one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ymfoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this foundation. Although it isn't perfect, it has a good consistency and leaves your skin able to breathe.

I have no. 1, 2, and 4. The lightest shade is an amazing match for my fair skin. I use 2 and 4 in the summer time, they are pretty close in tone.

Many complain about poor coverage or that its short lasting which leads me to explain it is a fairly thin foundation. I would not recommend it to those with problem skin or someone expecting full coverage. As someone who does struggle with problem skin, I can only wear this when my face is clear and I don't have to worry about my blemishes, mostly in the summer. This will even out your skin tone nicely but you will have to use a concealer on those problem areas because when this product is applied in layers, it won't mimic a concealer. It will only look cakey and shift around your face.

Over all, it brightens and freshens up my skin, definitely not my HG, but I would recommend it to even out your skin tone but still look natural. I'd recommend priming & setting it with a moisturizing spray like rosewater.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Pleasantly surprised by this product. It provided great coverage and stayed all day. Applied over primer and set with mineral powder. Will definitely purchase again.