MakeupAlley Android appFREE DOWNLOAD
Get MakeupAlley App >

NYX Hd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 3/17/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hate this as a foundation. It might be better as a tinted moisturizer but I have never used one so I wouldn't be a good judge. It can't cover my red blotches is my main complaint. I have NO acne whatsoever, just red blotches and dark marks and it can't cover that either.

on 12/3/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wore a black dress the first time i wore this foundation and it tranferred all over & had to wash my dress to get it off. The second time i wore it was fine at the start but then at the the end of the day made all my dry spots look patchy. Not using it anymore

on 11/6/2014 9:37:00 PM

I did not like this foundation too much. I really wanted to, because I was looking for a foundation without SPF as I find SPF often dries out the skin and looks strange in photos.
I don't really have anything positive to say about this foundation - it was super sheer, which to me, defeats the purpose of a foundation all together.

To me, it seems more like a tinted moisturizer that barely covers anything.
To make matters worse, the price is a bit much for a drugstore foundation. At $20 Canadian, I expected a lot more.
It's going straight back to Target

on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 PM

Talc-free. Heavy coverage, but tends to be chalky and settles into fine lines and emphasizes dryness and wrinkles. I always use this with a BB cream or moisturizer, otherwise it's too drying. The finished look appears more matte and heavy. I wouldn't repurchase, since I prefer the more natural look that comes with BB creams.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product, although not perfect, is magnificent for it's price.
I use it in Warm Sand, and it fits my tanned skin perfectly. It has a lot of yellow/orange pigment (hence the name Warm Sand), and it covers all of the redness, broken vessels, and acnes on my face perfectly. I need a little bit of concealer to cover the very dark acne scar, but for the milder scars I don't need any concealer at all.
It's not matte, a little bit dewy, and it doesn't make my oily face greasy like a frying pan (though I do have to touch up my face with powder every 2-3 hr). The smell is a tiny bit weird, but it's gone after a minute anyway.

Pros:
- Medium to heavy coverage, and it's buildable
- No ashiness at all on my tan skin (which is hard to get from drugstore foundations)
- Cheap price
- Could stay up to 6-7 hr when you use it with a primer
- Truly HD, you could take pictures with as much flash as you like
- Hygienic since it comes with a pump

Cons:
- A little bit heavy on the face, unlike MUFE HD Foundation
- Plastic packaging (but with the price, who am I to complain)

Will I buy it again? Yes, this is definitely my fave drugstore foundation.

on 11/28/2013 10:27:00 PM

This foundation was a disappointment. All I can do is give this a huge NO. It made my skin oily, made my face feel heavy, and broke my face out. My mother uses this foundation and she seems to like it. If you are prone to acne, I would "nyx" this product. The concealer, however, is completely different!

on 10/1/2013 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really didn't like this foundation. I bought it during Ulta's sale because I had seen photos of some people wearing it and it looked very nice. I have combination skin which will get a litle oily in the t-zone. It has a strange smell that I don't like and I could smell it on my face after. The coverage is just medium but still concealed nicely. I really liked how it made my skin look luminous but it didn't have good staying power at all! I felt like it had all wiped off around by t-zone by lunch time. I returned this foundation and I barely ever do that.

on 9/18/2013 10:43:00 AM

It makes me breakout!!!! First time i purchased it, it looks good on me. A good coverage for a drugstore product. BUT when i used as a daily foundation routine, slowly, acnes poppin out. I'm not recommend this to you who have a sensitive skin

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What a disappointment! I always buy the NYX primers and I love them, but the foundation is horrible. It felt way too oily, I was looking for something nice and matte but this make my skin so shiny and gross looking. The coverage wasn't anything special either.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I loved how this foundation made my face look, it's not full coverage by any means and it smells really weird (plastic-y?!) but I see why it's an HD foundation. It's also the best match foundation I've ever found (I got number 07, am around an NC45)............. But it broke me out :( even using a primer, etc. no-go, will return to Ulta!