April 24, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Boldly Bare

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a handy little lip liner. I am very pale, but have curiously dark lips for my complexion. When I wear very pale shades, I always get a darker line around my lips where my real color begins to bleed through first. It looks very odd. When I wear a bit of Boldly Bare with those pale nudes or pinks (Angel, for instance) I put this on lightly after I apply the lipstick. It helps blend the whole thing together and makes my lipstick stay longer. I'm a big fan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

So pretty!! I am a big fan of Boldly Bare, Strip Down, Subculture, & Spice. (If those are all up your alley, then you also may enjoy EL Spice, Rimmel Tiramisu, or WnW 666). I happen to collect MLBB lipliners, so I like all of those very much (& Revlon Deep Nude & Jordana also). Just so many good nude MLBB lipliners out there right now. I have heard they added Boldly Bare to the permanent MAC line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lip pencil. It matches my lip color perfectly but gives it a little boost. It matches with a lot of lipsticks as well. I generally wear just the lip pencil with a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Kastehelmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only MAC lipliner I own, because I own several NYX lipliners, love them, and haven't felt like I was missing much so far. That is, until I decided to stock up on nude lipsticks, and find that the pink in my lips is hard to cover, and the closest "nude" color I have and love in NYX in "neutral" is too dark. This is a warm-toned peachy beige, on the softer side. I purchased it to wear with MAC Shy Girl. It does the trick. I rate it 4 stars because I will use it a lot, probably with my non-nudes too, especially the beautiful pinks and corals that have a smooth, soft, slippery texture. Perhaps it won't perform as well then and I might have to remove a star. Perhaps I could find a similar color among the NYX range. I would repurchase if I can't find something better. A slightly harder texture, a cheaper price would make it perfect--but this is limited edition, right? By the time I might want another one might only be found on ebay for twice the price. This is a staple not a product that should be limited edition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I like DS lipliner, but they are a little too emollient for me. That is to say, they tend to bleed which I thought isn't the point of a lipliner. I've been trying to get back to a very natural face (no makeup makeup) for the summer and wanted to define my lip line without looking drawn in/harsh/fake. I thought that I would head to the MAC counter to pick up Subculture based on raves online.

The assistant suggested this instead, after I swatched this and Subculture on my hands. They are both a nudey-mauvy-peach color, if that makes sense, but this one seems a little more pigmented and matches my lips better.

It doesn't smell good, but that's besides the point. It does its job well. It matches, doesn't drag but doesn't bleed, and evens out my lip line without looking like I tried too hard to define them. I didn't give it a 5 stars because it's not as creamy as I would like (expectations, right?) but still stays very well on my lips and pairs well with a gloss on top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

Color: This color is the twin of Subculture. Both of these pencils look sort-of natural on my very pigmented lips. I bought this to be a nude lip liner to go underneath hot pink and red lip sticks. I find that as a nude lip liner by itself, both of these colors are far too peachy and dark to look natural, as my lips are a medium mauve. They also darkened the look of my red lip sticks, and thus did not serve their purpose.

Formula: These pencils are dry, and show patches like crazy. It took some work to make an even line because they were difficult to blend.

Longevity: The liner does last awhile, and doesn't fade in the middle too bad. If the pencils were easier to blend, I would have recommended the product line, but now I still stay away from MAC's lip pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boldly Bare is a limited edition, however you will find that Subculture is extremely similar. I bought it because I like having limited edition stuff - silly me - but in fact I should have not bothered, as I already had Subculture. For some reason, these two pencils are not as soft as Spice, but it is not quite a bad thing because they are long lasting. The color is neutral, orangey beige is the best I can describe it. It is a bit deeper than my lips, but I wear it with most of my lipsticks. If I wear pink or beige tone lipsticks, I use In Synch. All in all, Boldly Bare and Subculture would suit most light skins.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by jmonacruz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mac Lip Pencil Bodly Bare Ingredients: Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Talc, RHUS, Succedanea (Japan) Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmate (+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (Cl 77891). Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Carmine (Cl 75470), Manganese Violet (Cl 7742), Red 6 (Cl 15850, Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850) Red 21 (Cl 15850), Red 28 Lake (Cl 4510), Red 30 (Cl 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 191400, Yellow 6 Lake (Cl 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (Cl 47005)

I really liked the color of this liner. The only problem I have with this pencil is the salicylates it contains. I use a medicine that is blocked by topical skin products. This includes lips. So unfortunately I won't be able to use this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On a mission to review all my nudey mac l/l s
Nudey pinky peachy colour - lighter than my pigmented lips but I like that - goes well with my HG Hug Me. Am nc43 and upon swatching it,it seems too light but it isnt. Not as pink as Soar and def not as pale as subculture
Would buy again not sure if le.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite MAC lip liner! It goes with most of my lipstics, I would definetely repurchase, but I think it's limited edition