April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is FAB. If you need volume, backcomb/tease, use dry shampoo for volume then run to get this. It's super-cheap and really great. A fine powder comes in a little sat * pepper shaker style container that you sprinkle or dust into the roots of your hair. It kind of binds to the hair and gives you instant thickness and lift at the roots. Marvellous, and it really works. I heard that it was a celebrity I admires' must-have hair product so I bought some for about 3. My only reserve is I think a spray or pump action dispenser would be better. When I'm trying to reach the back I can't always judge how much I'm putting in. When you do put too much in it can get a bit gunky. So glad to have it in my arsenal, esp as it's so inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff works great in my hair: colour-treated and dry at the ends, oily at the roots, usually wear it naturally wavy or straighten it into submission. This powder is fantastic for volume and lift. Its mattifying and kinda gives it a sexy slept in vibe. I only wish it would last longer. I sprinkle it in my hand and rub it through the part that need some volume. Its very tacky, and you definitely wanna wash your hands after use

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only product I've found so far that ACTUALLY gets some volume in my hair! I love it!! Definitely only for the roots though because it does leave them feeling a little rough/sticky. But you wouldn't be able to tell by looking. This texture is necessary to give roots that "full" look. It lasts all day for me which I love since I don't like to so

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- no blow drying needed

CONS

- volume in temporary
- hair feels sticky

COMMENTS: Well, I like that you don't have to use a blow dryer like most root lifters. This will give amazing volume, but it doesn't last long at all. It also gives the hair a very sticky, gross texture. I got this to avoid teasing my hair, but it's the only way to really make the volume last with this. Unfortunately, teasing mixed with the texture this stuff leaves...your hair will be a huge mess.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This is a fun little styling product for those of us who need a little help with volume. For reference, I have straight, flat, relatively thin asian hair.

There are two ways to use this: 1) sprinkle it directly into your hair/roots, or 2), rub some of the product between the palms of your hands til the product goes clear, and then apply to your roots/hair. It is tacky so it will make your hair kind of stick to itself to create that volume. If you rub it in roughly, you will get ratty/messy looking hair (especially with method 1). You tend to apply less product using method 2 so I find it generally gives a less "crazy" result. It can feel dry and gritty, but that's how it works to give you volume. Its a good alternative to back combing.

This is not HG for me, but it is definitely fun to work with and can come in handy. It does give instant volume, but it doesn't really stay. To refresh my style during the day I just have to use my fingers to fluff it up. Its really best for a more messy look. If you want a smooth but volumized look that lasts all day, I suggest using a volumizing product and blow drying the volume in instead. If that doesn't do the trick, add a little bit of this for extra oomph.

This retails between 5 and 9$ so its pretty inexpensive if you look out for deals, and you only use a little at a time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by laurencampbell81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product did nothing for me apart from make my hair feel dry and disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by laureg

Oh yeah, this stuff works! Last week was the first time that I've ever heard of these styling powders (was I living under a rock?). I tried it on freshly washed and dried hair (no other styling products used), and it was like a miracle. I've never had volume like this, nevermind volume that actually lasts! I have loads of long, straight and very fine hair that is so slippery it doesn't hold curl. I can use a ton of volumizer, any brand, and my hair takes all of half an hour after styling to fall flat,and you'd never guess there's any product in it. I dusted some of this in at the roots, massaged it in, and wow! Volume that lasts till you wash it out. A slight drawback is that this stuff does make your hair feel a bit grungy where it's applied and if you play with your roots too much your hair can look snarled and tangled, so just keep the top layer of your hair smooth and you'll be fine. I also have to shampoo my hair twice, and very thoroughly, to get all this stuff out, but it's a small price to pay for finally finding a volumizing product that works. I'll be repurchasing this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sabrinabruning

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really works. If you know how to use it. Will buy again.
Read reviews on here complaining that it made their hair sticky and tacky? If used properly, this is not the case and certainly wasn't for me. It's just like all of the other pro volumizing powders out there, minus the high price tag.

Tip: Do NOT rub this product into your scalp or use on anything other than freshly clean hair. Instead, turn your head upside down, aim for where you want the volume and LIGHTLY sprinkle near root area, shake the hair around it to move it around (I sometimes take a blow dryer on cool to the area just to be sure) then flip back over. Boom. Done.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely amazing. It gives an incredible amount of volume for a fraction of the price of other powders. I have purchased several times and will continue to do so. It has an odd cooling sensation which is nice for summer and it can be a bit difficult to wash out but it is SO worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will start off by saying I have never used a hair volumnizing powder before so this stuff was a 1st for me.

So I was watching a youtube video and saw a review for this and was intrigued. Off I went to Walmart and got this for $2.98 and the next day tried it and have been using it for 2months now.

Holy impressing!!!!!!!! This lil powder is amazing!! My hair is super naturally curly and after I straighten it tends to lose volume and stay flat (wich I like but I don't like it "dead" flat if that makes sense lol) wether I sprinkle this directly on my roots or apply it with my hands this stuff gives me the volume and texture control I want. My hair feels a tad sticky wherever I use this but thats to be expected.

This doesn't leave my hair matted or full of residue and its easy to wash out.

I will be using this HG status hair powder for a long time and for $2.98 at Walmart its a steal!!!!!