October 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Mad Hippie - Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I am on the fence about this eye cream. I like how it moisturizes under my eyes, but I do not see significant improvement (yet) in terms of anti-aging benefits. I am hoping to, but so far I am still waiting! The price is not terrible, so it is worth the money to try it out and the pump packaging is an added bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by BRABKIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great daytime eye cream. I have dry skin and use a heavier product (chagrin valley whipped squalane face & eye mousse) in the winter and at night, but for day and summer, this has become my go-to eye product to wear under foundation (or by itself when I don't need SPF). Unlike many reviewers, I have had absolutely no singing or irritation with this product, despite the fact that I have sensitive skin and have had bad reactions to many other eye and face products. This cream has no scent, and sinks in incredibly well. It does not produce instant results, but in my experience over a period of weeks, it softens lines and de-puffs and lightens dark circles, making my under-eye area considerably less crepey-looking, and making anything I put over it go on much more smoothly and without settling in wrinkles. It does not tighten skin, but if what you are looking for is less wrinkles, less discoloration, better texture, and you are willing to be patient, I have found Mad Hippie Eye Cream to work much better than products costing much more. Going on it feels soothing to me, so it feels good even if you do not see results right away. Note the expiration date on the bottom of the package - typically about a year from when purchased. This cream does not have preservatives, and so even though the container is small, I would not recommend buying a huge quantity at one time. You do not need to use a lot - a .05 ounce container lasts me about three months of using it on a daily basis and the half-ounce leak-proof container is also great for travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by killrdolly33

I got a bunch of free samples of the mad hippie eye cream at Whole Foods. I've been using it for 5 weeks and every time I apply it it burns and my eyes won't stop tearing up! I know exactly what is causing everyone's irritations and rashes; it's the high concentration of niacinamide. Luckily for me the irritation subsides after 5 minutes. I can't comment if it works on reducing wrinkles since I don't have any but it has lighten my dark under eye circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Mayavaly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never in my life had an allergic reaction to a skin cream and I have tried just about every product known to man, including some very dodgy face creams picked up in India, which were undoubtedly packed full of all kinds of rubbish. However, this stuff made my skin burn, itch, flake, and I have an inexplicable red welt on my cheek. I don't get it at all. I am so so disappointed because I wanted to love this range. I can't quite understand why it's having this effect. Perhaps someone science-ey could explain what the possible issue could be as quite a few seem to be experiencing this and I would definitely not include myself in the sensitive skin crowd.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by AirForceAmy87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like many of the other reviews I have seen, this product not only gave me a burning/stinging sensation around the eyes, but this morning I looked at my eyes and there was a slight (hardly noticeable) rash and a three blemishes. I have never had any product react to my skin this way. This happened the other day too but I didn't think it was the eye cream, I still didn't use it just to test it out and low and behold once I stopped using it, my eyes were fine. Then last night I used it and BAM! The eye cream made me break out as well as a rash, on my eyelids. I love that these products are "natural" but I am going to have to steer clear because something in them doesn't agree with my skin. As I stated previously I have never had a product do this, so I was shocked. Be careful with it :) and good luck.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by saribali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this after good reviews on Iherb etc but unfortunately it wasn't for me. Burning/stinging sensation every time I used it. Like another reviewer said, good ingredients but something in the formulation isn't right for my skin. If you have sensitive skin beware.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Snowblind

Really nice ingredients but I'm unsure if it's formulated correctly. I had a massive allergic reaction to this product and I've heard of many people having a reaction to this line.

The price and packaging were great. I really liked the pump. Very hygienic. If only the product itself would have been better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by eyegu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

yeah i agree, this stuff is great, nice ingredients. Wish it was cheaper

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by jennabonita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eye cream. It not only helped get rid of a lot of the wrinkles around my eyes (or at least make them much less noticeable), it helped with the dark circles and puffiness too!

The Mad Hippie eye cream smells just great and really sinks in to the skin. I find it can be used during the day under sunscreen (as long as you have a light facial sunscreen) and at night as well.

I agree with the other reviews - Mad Hippie is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eye cream feels awesome and sinks right into my skin. Like the other Mad Hippie products, I'm completely sold on this. It melts into my skin and has done a great job of decreasing my crow's feet. My only complaint is you have to be very careful when pumping the product out or you will get three times as much as you need. Other than that, this product is flawless. It's all natural, no parabens or other preservatives. If you're looking for an all natural eye cream, I hardly recommend trying this.