Mad Hippie - Cream Cleanser

4.5

Deionized Water, Sesame Oil (Sesamum Indicum), Caprylic/capric Triglycerides, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Cetearyl Glucoside, Carrageenan Gum, Vegetable Glycerin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium PCA, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis Leaf), Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis), Squalene, Organic Macadamia Oil (Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinesis), Yeast Extract, Glucosamine HCL, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate), Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Orchid Extract (Orchis Mascula), Titanium Dioxide

on 1/17/2015 10:08:00 AM

This product is much creamier that I expected (despite the title), which is good because it did not dry out my skin. I used this product in conjunction with a konjac sponge. Had I not, I would have felt a film on my face afterward from the oil content. I am very pleased with the ingredients list, but I found this cleanser to be slightly greasy. It was very gentle though, and I am sure that those with sensitive skin could benefit from its use. I am on the fence about repurchasing at the moment.

I hate to be the one to ruin this product's perfect rating and I really wanted to like it, but I just can't. There are way too many ingredients for this product to be good for sensitive skin like mine. It started breaking me out by the third night I used it. Its overly scented and way too expensive for the amount of product you get. I'd rather cough up the extra 10 bucks for a bottle of Eminence. Earth Science also has a great cream cleanser for like $8 at whole foods. Long story short, theres better organic/cruelty free options out there.

on 12/21/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of cleansers, and this one may be as close to perfect as I'm going to get. The consistency is nice and thick, and it does not disappear on my face the way some cream cleansers do. To me, a good cleanser should not leave your face feeling stripped when you rinse it. A cleanser should not make your face red or leave a film on it. I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic, and after I rinse, my face feels perfectly balanced. The ingredients seem to calm my sensitive skin. Moisturizer is optional after I wash with this cleanser because it does not strip, however, I do sometimes use Mad Hippie's moisturizer because it is a nice, light moisturizer and complements this cleanser.
As I mentioned, I do like to try various cleansers. Recently I tried Eminence Rose cleanser. It left a film and did not calm my skin like the Mad Hippie. I need to learn my lesson and stick with this awesome cleanser.

Another great product from Mad Hippie - I love everything in their line of products. This is a nice, gentle cleanser. I don't use it for make-up removal because I feel like I need something more hard core (I use mineral oil and Olay Foaming Face wash...phychologically I feel like I need the foam to feel like my face is clean of make-up!), but I use this face wash every morning in the shower for a quick, "pure" clean. I think it's PERFECT for that. Great way to wash face to start the day :) Not crazy about the packaging - the pump's very convenient until you get to less product. I can seriously dig at least two more weeks of product out by keeping it upside down and digging it out with the pump - but I like the product so much it's not enough of an annoyance to make me look for something else.

on 8/12/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Mad Hippie's cream cleanser is great for anyone looking for a moisturizing cleanser. I have combination skin and have found that it works great for me.

The cleanser has a light, kind of nutty and pleasant smell to it. I use it twice daily and it always leaves my skin feeling great.

on 5/7/2011 6:17:00 PM

I *LOVE* the Mad Hippie line. There are four products in it, and my skin loves each and every one. It's an all natural cleanser in a lovely bottle with pump. It's full of wonderful ingredients that are wonderful for your skin. This cleanser does not foam, and has a lotiony texture. It cleans off every trace of makeup and leaves my skin clean, but not stripped in any way. I've had no breakouts and no irritation. If you're looking for an all natural cleanser, give this a try!

UPDATE: I've noticed the cleanser is not able to remove heavy duty sunscreens off my face. I will have to put this aside until the cooler months return. Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil is working fantastically in its place.