July 28, 2014 | 1331 users online

Eye Shadow - 2 Grrrls - Dawn Eyes Cosmetics -- Amazing Base

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I must admit that the name of this shadow threw me for a loop. I think of a "base" as a "tool" I apply under shadow to make it adhere to my lid and reflect a truer color. Amazing Base, described on the DEC Web site as a "sheer white to transparent aurora borealis sparkle, very fit for highlighting or lightening any color," it is an almost perfect "desert island" brow bone highlighter for me (excepting a couple others). It does throw cool-toned on me, however, so keep that in mind when purchasing. I've asked Dawn if she could make a warm-toned Amazing Base, with the same sheerness and sparkle, and I hope to see one posted soon on her site.

Applied over UDPP: Sheer white teeny borealis spakage lights up my brow bone without making it uber-sparkly. I tend to wear a sparkly highlighter with a less sparkly shadow, and vice versa,, but Amazing Base has such tiny sparkles that it can go either way, which makes it very versatile.

Applied over Fyrinnae PE: Not applicable for me, but I imagine this would be awesome if you can pull of a white shadow on your lids!

Where did I buy this: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site (http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/)

Price: $1.00 for a generous 1/16-teaspoon sample; $6 for full size (5-g sifter jar [1.2 to 1.5 g net wt])

Packaging: Actually really great: a sturdy, thick, *small* zip-lock sample baggie. I like that it's square, not an annoyingly deep rectangle like Meow samples, a pet peeve of mine when buying samples.

Would I buy again: Already slated for a full size purchase, but I'm really eager to try a warm version :-) continued >>