August 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Eye Shadow - 2 Grrrls - Dawn Eyes Cosmetics -- Neon Purple Sparkle

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: The only reason I took off one lippie for this shade is because I got more metallic sheen than sparkle from it, so I think the color name is a bit "off." Or perhaps the sparkle was so packed that it came out as a sheen? Remember, your "mileage may vary" with base used and your skin tone. In any case, it is a absolutely ravishing color. In fact, my male dental hygienist said it reminded him of the powder coat "red flake" he had put on his motorcycle that turned out neon pink-purple :-) Now that's racy, huh? If you love bright pinkish-purples, you need this shade.

Applied over UDPP: This type of application *did* show the sparkle implied by the color name, but the color was more one-dimensional (purple) and more subtle.

Applied over Fyrinnae PE: This made the color (and my hazel-green eyes) really pop! Super-neon metallic pinked-out purple goodness. My lids looked like a sassy Prince song!

Where did I buy this: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site (http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/)

Price: $1.00 for a generous 1/16-teaspoon sample; $6 for full size (5-g sifter jar [1.2 to 1.5 g net wt])

Packaging: Actually really great: a sturdy, thick, *small* zip-lock sample baggie. I like that it's square, not an annoyingly deep rectangle like Meow samples, a pet peeve of mine when buying samples.

Would I buy again: Although it's a gorgeous color, I'm not sure yet if I will purchase this in a full size or not. I still have a of DEC samples to test and review :-) However, if I lost my sample, I would replace it, so I said "yes" to repurchase! continued >>