October 1, 2014 | 1348 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Oil Absorbing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I recieved this in a swap about two months ago. I love this lotion! I don't use it for the matt affect but for a moisturizer. Most mositurizers break me out terribly, but this has not. It helps control oil a little, but I didn't expect it to anyways so its a bonus to me. I use this in the morning and jojoba oil at night since its almost winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having pretty oily skin, I decided to try this product out after finding that most other oil controlling lotions are over 50 dollars. This product works well, I apply two pumps in the morning (7 am) and it lasts until about 1 pm. Not too bad. This product is by no means magic, but I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by AttackOfThe5ft4MUA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Oil Absorbing Lotion comes in a 50 ml/ 1.7oz bottle, with a pump dispenser. I only apply 1-2 pumps to my whole face. Result? It kept my face mat for only 4 hrs ( 9am to noon.)

Since it is said to:

1) Contain natural exfoliants to help improve texture and clarity. (I did notice a slight improvement, but nothing to write back home about.)
2) It's lightweight and bonds makeup (for the record I use MAC Studio Fix Powder) to the skin for fewer touch-ups. (Kinda True, for 4hrs no shiny face).
3) This lotion is oil-free and is also said to contain natural colloidal minerals and antioxidants.

For all the previous reasons, this product might be useful as a moisturizer for the canadian winter season. I'll stick to Milk of Magnesia as a primer for the hot humid days ( see my raving review!)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by martaalexandrino

I love this product!!! I have a very oily skin and with this prodict is no longer shiny. Like one of the other girls during the day i saw a little brightness in the face but nothing like before... it's makes my makeup looks more natural during the day! Definitively I will buy this product again!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ShivaShivs

This worked so well for me! I love the packaging, because you can lock it. It didnt make my skin totally oil free, but it made it look more dewy rather then oily! I would respurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2002 12:14:00 AM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worked for the first 10 minutes on my t-zone. That's it 10 minutes. I'm done with this one..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2002 6:05:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

I received a deluxe sample of this from a sweet swapper. I think it's an okay product, but I probably wouldn't purchase it. It worked for a while, but couldn't stand up to a Californian heat wave. Plus it's texture...it seems like it was designed for people with non-oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2002 8:32:00 PM More reviews by feiste

I liked this lotion as it kept my facial oil away better then the one I was previously using (Clarins). It moisturizes very well and I like it's fragrance. It cost SGD 40 but I guess that it was worth it. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2002 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MarlaSinger

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily skin and have been a MAC fan for years so naturally I was psyched to try this new product. I received a generous sample at my local MAC counter and was on my way.

I really like the texture of this lotion. It's not too thick or too runny. A pea sized portion is all I needed so the small size of the bottle (1.7 oz for $22) shouldn't be a deterrent.

It has a light and pleasant smell and about a minute or two after my initial application, I noticed that the tight shine my skin usually has after cleansing was gone. It left my skin matte and moisturized just enough to provide a nice makeup base.

The lotion did not keep the oil at bay all day, after a few hours I noticed that my skin was a little shinier but the shine had a dewy or velvety appearance which made my makeup wear more naturally.

This is a great daytime face lotion and it does a pretty good job. After my sample ran out I bought the full sized bottle and have been very happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2001 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Curlyhair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this product because it actually kept my face oil free but it did not dry out my skin...i didn't breakout from this product at all