August 2, 2014 | 939 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Honey Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

A gorgeous nude colour that's a staple of my everyday makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

I love Honey. This lip balm look incredibly natural, it's insane. It gives you just a little bit of color to complement your lip color and it's amazing how little color can transform your entire face. I am pretty pale, especially when I don't wear bronzer and blush, so this is pretty much a holy grail for me when I just want to wake up and go outside. It wipes out the look of death from my pale face and gives me a pretty nice glow. Sometimes I would rub this or the lip treatment in Passion on my cheeks if I really need the pick me up.
Fresh has awesome lip treatments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a gorgeous nude color that would complement almost every skin tone. This lip balm/color goes on smoothly, lasts a number of hours, and has the cutest packaging that I have ever seen. The color really is so elegant and the balm itself is super moisturizing. Love love love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is slightly too orangey against my NC10-15 skin but goes on very smoothly and feels hydrating. I was surprised at the amount of pigment in this balm, i expected it to be a lot more sheer. I love the packaging with the screw on cap, there's no way that the cap can come off in your bag! The scent of this balm is great, sweet and citrusy. I wouldn't buy this particular color again but have bought the Petal shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sohipithurts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I was first introduced to the fresh sugar lip treatment because it was offered as a birthday gift for beauty insiders at Sephora. I love the smell of this it reminds me of lemons with a hint of sugar and the texture of the balm is really buttery but not at all greasy. The colour is great it looks more like a nude lip colour. This is my new go to tinted lip balm as it has a decent amount of pigment and is much more moisturizing than wearing lipstick. The only major drawback is the price as it it crazy expensive for only 4g..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by AndryaAndroid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd been wanting to try these Fresh Sugar balms for ages, so finally took the plunge and bought Honey.
I wanted something for work and my criteria was something that would be a decent MLBB or something with just a bit of color to perk up my face, was moisturizing, and that I could reapply throughout the day without having to look in a mirror. Honey nailed it, nailed it, and nailed it.
It is *truly* MLBB for me. I find it extremely moisturizing!
I actually feel like Honey is much more a moisturizing lipstick than a tinted lip balm. It is *exactly* like a nice lipstick in texture. Super creamy. It doesn't feel like any lip balm I've ever used (and I've used them all). Coverage is beautiful, and you don't need a lot. It is so creamy and opaque, yet not cakey and doesn't look like you're wearing a lot of lipstick. Just beautiful. It's not super shiny and it's not matte; I'd say satin finish describes it perfectly. The color is extremely flattering and I think would look great on just about anyone. The lasting power is very decent, and it wears down gradually rather than just wearing off, which keeps your lips really soft and the color looking good no matter what.
I am absolutely in love. This is EXACTLY what I wanted, to the T. I wear it to work just about every day, and I wear it just about everywhere else when I want a MLBB, too. Fresh is GENIOUS with the packaging of this. The tube is nice and weighty, nice metal-y material, looks very chic and high-end...and it twists closed!! I love knowing that it is safe and secure and the cap won't come off in my purse or pocket. The only downside is, of course, the price. This stuff isn't cheap! I am almost bummed out that I love it so much, because I literally do not want to be without this stuff in my purse ever again. I will repurchase and cringe at the cost but flip my hair in dismissal as my lips are super soft and look oh so lovely. I am dying to try the Coral one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm addicted to the Rose and Plum versions of this lip balm and I really want to love this one as well. The texture just isn't the same. It has more of a heavy chapstick feel as opposed to the light creamy feeling of the others and the color is much more opaque. It's nice straight out of the tube but looks best when layered over a glossier balm. I have to layer this over Rosebud Salve to be comfortable but it does give a nice sheer nude lip that way. If it wasn't so expensive I might buy this again just for the color but for that much money I shouldn't need two products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Applies smoothly, has a great scent (surprising for a Fresh product, as most Fresh products I've encountered have an earthy scent that can be off-putting), has SPF, and the color is subtle and easy to apply without having to rely on a mirror. Honey isn't my favorite shade as the color is a little too subtle on me, but it's still nice enough. Love the metal case--helps to prevent accidental openings in my purse or makeup bag.

It is pricey for a lip balm: I usually try to get my Sugar balms as part of Fresh combo sets so the cost isn't that bad. And the tubes seem to last me a long time so that helps to offset what I spend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by XtinaCMV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought into the hype and regretted it. I've seen numerous friends and customers apply this product on themselves and all swore by it, so I thought, "Why not? Obviously I need it." I was wrong. Number one, it's definitely a lot more expensive than I thought. Over $22 for 1.5oz of a product was a little crazy for me, especially someone like me, who is hooked on $1 Spearmint Chapstick, but I figured that it must be worth it. Number two, with a flavor labeled as "Honey," I expected a true honey scent, but was very disappointed with the lemon-y smell. Number three, the color is definitely not what I would expect from something labeled as "Honey." When I think of honey, I think of a cream/yellow/gold. This shade is more of a pinky/nude-brown in the tube, very brown on my pink-pigmented lips. Also a huge bummer. Lastly, I bought this because I thought it would help with my super chapped, extra dry and peely lips, but even though it makes my lips a little soft, I still find myself needing to apply this every 10-minutes when I'm not wearing a matte lipstick, which I can easily just do with my Chapstick. Kind of bummed out it didn't work for me, especially after reading so much appraisal from other members, but I'm sad to say that I'll be returning this tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by hollywaters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite such a beautiful colour and delicious scent, this glorified Chapstick wrecked havoc on my lips. I was initially drawn to the Fresh lip balm line when I missed out on my Sephora beauty insiders birthday gift this year, and thought if it's good enough for their free gift, I should check it out. I bought the trial size gift pack with Passion and Berry (both colours look so-so against my pale skin). Immediately on the first application of Honey I was delighted by the warm brown-pink shade. Some say it can look muddy, but it reminds me of Rouge Coco 05 in Mademoiselle, which is a very wearable shade. The only problem is that this formula dries my lips out to no end. I could start out with perfectly moisturized lips, apply Honey, and in one hour, the formula will be gone (leaving a pretty lip stain) but my lips will already be dry and scaling. Not cute! I've tried Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Caramel, and although I prefer a matte finish like with Fresh Sugar Honey, at least the Burt's doesn't give me lizard lips... The scent is nice (fresh lemon combined with icing sugar) but the packaging is ridiculous. I left a brand new, unused tube of Berry in my purse and it somehow twisted itself until it was mushed into the cap of the tube. Overall, a dud purchase. Would not buy again, and will just stick to Burt's Bees.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No