October 1, 2014 | 1941 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Color Zap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cupcake73

Ive used this product three times. First time I used it as directed but ran out of it quickly. So next time I poured into plastic container and applied with brush. I managed to apply an entire box to my mid shoulder lenght hair. It does not damage your hair like bleach does. But I did just learn that when you do dye your hair again you should use demi permanent hair color and lighter hair color also because it will come out darker.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by KattKidd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this product is very misleading.
Why would you put the name "Color Remover" instead of "Bleach"?

I am natural ash blonde level 6-7 had my hair dyed dark down to level 2 for couple months. Then I realized the dark color didn't go well with my whole complexion and decided to go back to blonde.

SO, I thought to use bleach would be too harsh on my hair and I was happy to see such a thing from Loreal as "Color Zap".

Well, after I applied it on my long hair (3-4 bottles), my scalp started burning in 5 min. I did try no to get it on the sculp but no matter what, you still have to get the product as close as you can to the roots because I still had the black dye over there.
I kept it just for 30 min and had to rinse because burning got very intense.

The result was ok. The orange hair is fine. But it took the life out of my hair. It looked dead and dry. It felt horrible.

After that confusion I surfed the internet to learn more about bleaches and bleaching techniques, such a bleach bathing and I got Ion Brilliance bleach and developer in 20 vol and did couple bleach baths, what helped me step by step to remove orange.

I regret buying this product.
I think you can buy a good quality bleach from special brands such as Ion and some 20-30 vol developer and do regular bleaching or bleach bath, instead buying this. It is just the same thing. It is a regular bleach and a way more expensive and super drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by tiffani1001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

3 lippies because it did remove dark brown (near black) dye build-up quite well, leaving it a reddish-orange color as expected. It says it does NOT lighten natural hair, but I can tell you it certainly 100% does. It is also fairly damaging, more so than expected. My hair is wavy/curly, thick, long, dark and colour treated but is in good condition considering I haven't coloured it for over a year, get regular trims and take good care of it. I had bangs that touch around my jaw, which after using this product, frizzled up to my lips. This product also needs more detailed instructions about rinsing and ect. If you have hair below shoulder length, definitely get 3 boxes. Very little product comes in the box. Will not repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by giraffe4994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this out of desperation while at Sally's. I was set on getting the One N' Only but they had none in stock! This is the only one they had, so I bought it. It worked okay but left patches, was super duper watery, yet didn't spread easily. It acted like a mild, crappy bleach and it did damage my hair a bit as well. If you have hair any longer than shoulder length, you better get yourself at least 2 boxes of this stuff because I had JUST enough to get all of my shoulder length hair. There's just hardly any product in the box, and for the price, I was DEFINITELY expecting more. I was just overall not very impressed with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product worked, but fried the you know what out of my hair. I guess this is to be expected though.

I found it hard to put it through my hair, as it was so runny. If i ever had to do this again I would prefer to find a product that had a creamier thicker consistency, if there is one?

I had level 6 dye in my hair, and wanted to strip it to dye it lighter. It only took 5 mins and it was light enough, so I would say yes this product works, I just didn't really like my experience with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jackieornelas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product works great for something as a "do it yourself" product. I purchased 2 containers and I don't have long nor thick hair, it's medium lenght and thin. The first container went to my ends I left the product on for 40 minutes with a grocery bag over my head. The second container went to my roots left the product for about 10 minutes with the bag on as well. After that I washed the product out and let my hair air dry. My hair was an even color and the black was finally out! Did not over dry my hair I did use a deep conditioner after.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by krtatum6311

My hairdresser used this to get four years worth of dark brown permanent hair dye. We left it on for 50 minutes under a dryer. After rinsing it out, my hair was left a pretty copper color on the ends and white blonde at the roots. Unfortunately, I look awful in warm colors, so my hairdresser bleached it with ash blonde bleach and a 20 volume dev. Left it a light golden blonde that I can definitely live with for a while.

Overall, it left my hair in pretty good condition. A liitle dry, but after babying it for a week it feels really healthy and soft. I suggest gettting at least two boxes, as we almost ran out using two boxes on my fine, chest length hair. Be prepared for a funky orange color, of course.

I would definitetely recomend this, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Ralen

I bought this at a Sally's Beauty Supply in Canada for about $15-16 (plus tax). I bought this because, over time, the ends of my hair had become about 2 shades darker than my roots. I wanted to lighten up the ends to make my hair color more even, and take out some of the redness from my current color so I could redye it more of a purplish brown again. At first the smell was very strong and my eyes were stinging, but once I opened up a window, it was ok, no worse than regular hair dye. My biggest complaint is that there wasn't enough product. I have tons of fine shoulder length hair and a regular box of drugstore hair dye is enough to fully saturate my hair, but this contained barely enough product to cover my hair and I think it would have done a more even job is there had been more product. Also, it's very liquidy and runny, so it dripped all over the place. I applied to the ends of my hair first and then all over. I left it in my hair for about 30 minutes, then rinsed and shampooed for a good 15 minutes. My hair was left a fairly even orange color with the ends only about half a shade darker than the roots. I'd say the damage was pretty minimal, about the equivalent to dying my hair once or twice. So while the product did what it was supposed to and didn't damage my hair too much, I would go with a different brand next time because one box doesn't contain enough product to full saturate the hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this did help to remove some black dye (that was supposed to be medium brown) It removed it very unevenly. It did not smell like other products in this category, and was easier in that no measuring is involved. Overall, It did lighten my hair enough to re-color, but it is very uneven. Might be worth a shot if you're really stuck.

Also, I have shoulder length, fine but curly hair, and 1 bottle was barely enough, if you have longer hair, you will definitely need 2 bottles minimum.