October 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essie - Beam Up base coat

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

Loving it. Makes my yellowish nails white and pretty. The effect comes off when you take it off, this is not a treatment, just a whitening base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Comments and advertising about this product give the impression that it will actually whiten - that is bleach - your nails. It will not. This is important to understand.
The formula has a slight whitish cast to it, meaning that when it goes on it lightens your nails slightly, simply by camoflaging/covering. In one coat the yellowing left by previous nail products is perhaps 30-40% lessened. However, when the product is removed the nails have the same degree of yellowing as when they began. So there is no bleaching effect.
All that aside, the forumula dries quickly, has a nice glossy finish and is a pleasantly neutral, very subtle colour. It's worth having for those features.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really use this as a nail whitener, because I know that there is nothing that can really whiten your nails once they are yellow from all the mindless nail polish applications. I use it simply as a base coat, bacause I like the idea that it can prime my nails making the supface appear whiter. It performs very well, any nail polish apllied on top lasts longer and when I decide to remove it, my nails don't turn yellow any more. I would definetely recommend this as a base coat agains yellowing. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by PineappleCove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled upon this at Ross, of all places! Walmart carries this brand for about $8-$9 here in Honolulu. Ross had it for $4.99, so I snatched it up.

Always wanted to try the Essie brand, but could never justify spending $8 for nail polish.

I absolutely LOVE this nail whitener. I recently started wearing nail polish on a consistent basis for the past 3 months. This has caused my nails to yellow and become brittle. My nails are naturallly strong, and I never had any breakage problems until this point.

I decided to give my nails a break from the polish and try the whitener to see if it really worked. I was AMAZED at the results and just LOVE the natural look. With just two coats, I saw instant gratification - the healthy pink natural color. Granted, it doesn't remove the yellow, but it really did lighten it alot. The coverage is heavier than clear, but not as thick as a nude colored polish (though there arenít streaks either like many light-hued polishes).

I added 2 coats of Seche Clear Base Coat (my favorite) and my nailes look healthy and shiny! Gonna go back to Ross to see if they got anymore of this in so I can have back-stock!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by champagnefrost

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS THE BEST *T H E B E S T * NAIL POLISH EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL IN ONE! FEELS GREAT ON NAILS! SHINY AND NAILS TIPS LOOK WHITE AND THE NAIL LOOKS SO PRETTY WITH THIS COLOR!!! A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN "PINK GEL COAT" - GET THE BEAM UP!!

WILL ONLY WEAR THIS FROM NOW ON!! FAVE POLISH AND FORMULA!!!!!!

NO STREAKS! GOES ON AMAZING!!! LOOKS LIKE I WENT TO THE SALON!!!!!!!!!

MUST TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I AM A NAIL FANATIC AND HAVE A WALL OF ESSIE AND OTHER BRANDS - THIS IS THE BEST POLISH AND COLOR EVER!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by onessee

Love this stuff! I typically wear it alone since I don't have a lot of time for nail upkeep. It really brightens up my nails, and looks super natural. I got it at Walmart and wasn't sure I wanted to spend $8 on yet another bottle of nail polish. So glad I did. Will definitely repurchase.