August 30, 2014 | 1123 users online

Treatments (Eye) - MAC - Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd never given too much thought to eye primer before (does anyone, really?) since I've never been a huge eye shadow person, but after dealing with my liner and concealer ending up in weird chunks and creases around my eyes, I decided to give them a go. This is by far the best that I tried--better, definitely, than their basic Prep + Prime in the pot.

The packaging is fairly basic--a pump, which I really appreciate for an eye product, for hygiene purposes. The downside of the pump is, as always, that you are probably missing some of the product on the bottom when you use most of it up. The packaging is dark and solid, so you can't see how much you have left. It isn't a substantial packaging or a particularly noteworthy experience to use it, but primer is utilitarian stuff so I'm not going to romanticize about it like I might a lipstick. You need about two pumps for each eye. They go on a sheer neutral tone. It looks pretty matte on my skin, like I used a neutral shadow (which I usually do anyway before I do something like liquid liner). What I really love about this stuff is that it prevents me from ending up with concealer all up around my creases--I ALWAYS have to use undereye concealer, thanks to genetic dark circles, and even my Touche Eclat doesn't stand a chance of staying in place by itself around my oily eye area. This really helps with that. When I do wear actual color shadow, it stays in place better, as does my liquid liner.

There isn't anything particularly spectacular about this product, but it does definitely work for me and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is in the market for a primer like this. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by breyerchic04

I've been using this for over a year, and love it. An MA at a mac counter suggested this and select cover up for my very dark allergy induced dark circles. I've since tried a few other concealers with it, and am happiest using this followed by bobbi brown corrector in very light bisque, then topping it off with the select cover up, and a teeny dot of ysl touche eclat in the corner of my eye. It does crease a little, but I've found I can refresh my look easily by carrying a blending brush (mac 217 is my go to right now) in my purse to just blend out the creases.

To describe the product, it's a light pinky cream with the tiniest bit of reflective quality (I don't want to call it shimmer) that blends in easily and has never caused milia for me. It contains caffeine and other ingredients that refresh the skin a little though I wouldn't call it a treatment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used an entire bottle of this which lasted over two and a half months (one pump for both eyes, AM only, before makeup application). This product claims that it is a "quick fix" and reduces the look of puffy eyes and under-eye shadows. After almost three months of daily use I saw no improvement in my undereye area (puffiness and dark circles). It also claims to provide a bright, natural radiance to the entire eye area. I did notice a very slight (temporary) illumination to the area that basically looked like I had applied a very thin layer of MAC Strobe Cream to the eye area. As far as being a primer, I don't think that it helped my eye makeup and undereye concealer last any longer. There were days (more often than not) that my undereye area was very dry after using this product, and it settled into fine lines. Also, sometimes the product would pill under my undereye concealer. I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I was expecting my undereye area to appear brighter and for my undereye concealer to last longer. This product didn't do either. If you want to "smooth out" your undereye area, try the MAC Fast Response Eye Cream, which I have had much better results with. My eye area looks much nicer using the Fast Response followed with my undereye concealer and a brightening finishing powder. I would not re-purchase this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Great undereye primer, nothing will crease with this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good under eye cream/primer. I crease a lot under the eyes and this helped with that. Unless the concealer you use is very thick this should do the job. I've just started using so I'm not too sure about the under eye effects of this but you see a brightness right away I would say that is strictly cosmetic though. I don't have dark circles but do get puffiness which I don't much difference yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by vinihere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It gave an allergic reaction to my eyes. My eyes were red and watery within an hr of using it. I'm not that sensitive to eye products, but this one just didn't work. :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by YadaYada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is one of my holy grails! I would absolutely buy this product again! I have terrible ondereye circles, this stuff doesn't do a thing to cover them, but that's not the reason I bought it. What this stuff does do? It smoothens the undereye area. Making it possible to use a heavy duty camouflage and still look natural. Without it, my camouflage looks cakey. It also helps my camouflage to stay in place, instead of creasing all over the place. There is still a little creasing, but not even near the amount of creasing as before.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by lizishot101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

let me start by saying i love mac but I HAD THE WORST ALLERGIC REACTION TO THIS STUFF IN THE WORLD!! My eyes were BRIGHT red, puffy and had hives!
be careful if you have sensitive skin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This works great for me, I have puffiness and dark circles on mornings and this helps my concealer to go on smoothly with out creasing. However I have SERIOUS puffiness and although this helps, it's not completely resolving that issue. If you're using moisture cover concealer like me, it tends to make things too moist and will need some powder to set it. I would buy again but only because I haven't found the perfect under-eye de-puffer :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this consistently since June, and my consensus is that it's...ok. It does indeed brighten the eye area, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that you don't need concealer with it unless you have the lightest of under eye circles (in which case I doubt you'd be using this at all). Yes, your concealer will still crease with this, but as a previous reviewer said I don't believe there's an eye cream out there that doesn't cause that. I like the pump dispenser though I'm not squeamish about jars, but it pumps out A LOT at a time despite drying to pump it as gently as possible. I have small eyes so I get more than enough in one pump to do both eye areas completely and still have a little left over.

I honestly don't think this does anything that a decently-priced eye cream wouldn't do already. At $30 for .5oz you could very well spend a few more bucks and get something better and does much, much more (antiaging, SPF, antioxidants, etc). Though I don't regret trying it, I won't be repurchasing.