October 22, 2014 | 1760 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - False Lash Effect Fusion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this. There seem to be loads of good reviews of it online.

Pros
Non clumpy
Smart packaging in a nice colour
Decent brush - nice size.

Cons
Cannot tell I am wearing it! (I have brown lashes for the record but every other mascara you can tell Im wearing it!) Huge con obviously. Even after a few coats.
Not lengthening
Definitely not volumising
Expensive - not worth it if it was cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by emilyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This one is my favorite absolutely! I've tried so so many different mascaras, actually I always want to try new products but when it comes to mascaras I come back to this one every time. Because it's just simply the best. Gives great volume without massive clumps, looks very defined. Also lenghtens, not to colossal heights, but enough. In addition it rinses well with just water, but doesn't shake off by the day. Simply wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by LauraBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara volumizes really well. As for length, it doesnt do much.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm neutral on this one, though when I first bought it, I liked it. It doesn't seem to clump and gives me lots of volume. As far as lengthening goes, it doesn't do that much, but that isn't something I usually fuss over in a mascara. It works well with a heated eyelash curler (i.e. doesn't seem to melt too much). One thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't really hold a curl, which is very important to me when choosing mascaras. That's why I give it only 4 lippies instead of 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by ipecik

This does not really lengthen the lashes. But if you both paint the top and the back of your lashes, it can do. Still, if not half as good as Loreal Telescopic.

It does not clump, and does not dry once you put it right away in seconds, which is good because you can apply it for a second or a third time (and you will need it if you don't aim a no-makeup look).

When I look myself in the mirror after applying 8-9 hours ago, I see that it doesn't look as good as when I applied it. Your lashes look less black and much less less long.

Packaging is cute (the wand is thick and plump) however I don't find it comfortable whilst putting it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by kata8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite mascara. It never clumps. It makes my lashes very long and adds a lot of volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Pretty good. Not an ideal result but neat and pretty.
No clumps. It is definitely a builder. It takes a bit of effort.
That can be solved by using a primer!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by genidun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product cost me NZD$32, so I was expecting some pretty great things. However it appears to be just the same as Covergirl's false lash fusion mascara (which is much cheaper). It takes a loooong time to build up which is not that great for me as I don't have too much time in the mornings. It wasn't bad per say, just not what I would have wanted for a mascara of this price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Rubine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If in doubt between the original False Lash Effect and this Fusion one, go for the original. It works better than this one.

Still it's not a bad mascara at all, better than others I've tried in this price range. Just don't look for a real false lash effect, even though that is what Max Factor named this product. I found it enhances your natural eyelashes very well and it does add both volume and a tiny bit of length...but it's not exceptionally impactful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

First impressions. good!

This mascara definitely gives you the length and some volume. What I didn't like was that you need to apply a good few coats to get the 'false lash' effect, saying that even by applying a good 3 coats, it doesn't clump which is great!

Makes my lashes feel light and doesn't give you the spider leg lashes!