November 26, 2014 | 1418 users online

Liquid - Catrice - Infinite Matt Make Up [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Catrice products are not readily available in all drugstores so it's pretty difficult to find it in Singapore. I'm really upset that this product got discontinued. I wished I had known about this product earlier :(

Pros:
- Affordable (SGD 12.90)
- Expensive-looking packaging
- Lasted me the entire day (10 hours or so)
- Controls oil very well
- Medium to full coverage
- Covers blemishes well

Cons:
- Definitely would not last 18 hours as it says on the packaging
- Bottle is a little heavy, not so good if you're travelling

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by alinva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

My skin is quite oily and also sensitive, and most makeup "flows" on the T zone after several hours, but drier make-up makes skin flaky and is very visible.
This makeup offers good coverage, very reasonable price, and keeps quite well - ok, not up to 18 hours (a bit floating after half a day and more), but basically better than most other, even more expensive make-ups. Found ideal shade that nobody can say I put make-up on, also helps with small imperfections. For matifying effect I use some top powders, they looks good even without color.
Bought second bottle.
Tip: if need more coverage, use two pumps for all face and light neck coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've heard this is discontinued, which is quite disappointing because this really was something great!

If you can get your hands on it I thoroughly recommend it. As it's a continental European brand, there's even a shade pale enough for the palest of faces (I was so impressed with this, most high street brands don't have many pale shades!).

It's advertised as a matt foundation, but honest it worked perfectly on my very dry and sensitive skin. The pigmentation is fantastic, and it's super blendable. A definite hit with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ILoveitxo

I really really like this product! I have this foundation in the color 030 Apricot Beige. It says that it is long lasting, has shine control, is hydrating and oil-free. It is long lasting, but not for 18 hours as it says, but it stays on for like 6 hours. Even with my oily T-zone. I really recommend this product because it didn't break me out, which the most products do from cheap brands. Oh and another thing, it so cheap! I bought this to try because I ran out of my other foundation and I didn't want to spend $30 on it. And this foundation is even better! It comes with a pump which I really like.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As of February 2013 Catrice has discontinued this product. It is being replaced by their "Absolute Moisture" tinted moisturizer and their "BB Cream" foundation.

NC25 dry skin at the moment, I purchased shade 020 Honey Beige for little less than 7€.

The price is OK for a drugstore foundation - I refrain from putting "dirt cheap" in my rating because you can access relatively OK quality foundation here for 3-4€, you just give up on the glass packaging for that price. The bottle, while made of an inspiring heavy frosted glass, still has a cheap plastic pump cap. The pump itself works fine, but on my first attempt to pull the cap off the entire head came off the bottle instead of just the cap, so minus points for that. The texture of the foundation is very, very thick and mousse-like, almost unpleasantly so. Despite that, it still melts into the skin relatively well and does not feel overly heavy, drying or sticky at all. It does make application with fingers the best choice for the texture, although I still had to buff with a brush at the end to achieve a nice finish; that's a little too much work for me in the mornings when I'm in a rush. Compared to their horrible Absolute Moisture TM, which is sadly the replacement for this, Infinite Matt is much better: it didn't oxidize, had medium to full coverage and didn't settle into my pores. The color was a little off for my warmer undertones; it had a hint of a pinkish rather than yellowish undertone and was a smidge too light; on the good side, it never "oxidized down" into a better match for me. The finish was not a straight matte but rather a dull satin, which still looked fairly natural. Extremely close up I could see I was wearing foundation, although I'm not entirely sure this wasn't merely because the color match was not 100% perfect. I didn't notice any transferring once I had powdered this down very lightly with a setting powder (EL Luminosity). The scent is artificially floral but not cloyingly so, and faded almost completely after a while. It may still irritate those with sensitive noses, however.

Altogether a good drugstore foundation for the price, which makes it sad that Catrice decided to discontinue it. However, it can't hold a candle to HE foundations - Catrice still lacks the comprehensive shade range, the texture is very heavy and difficult to spread, the finish is not as flawless as it could be, and while the feel is not heavy on the face you can still tell it's "there." If you have the money, splurging on HE is still not a bad idea: Lancome Teint Miracle/Idol Ultra 24Hr or Diorskin Nude for example have a much lighter feeling, better texture and nearly undetectable finish than this. Idol Ultra probably comes closest to the "dull satin" finish this has.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted this foundation to work because initially I did like it. It's a pretty good foundation: it matched my skintone well, applied decently, really matted out, and had medium coverage. Not to mention it was relatively cheap and I loved the packaging which looked expensive.

So why did I give this one lippie? Because it BROKE ME OUT REALLY REALLY BADLY. I'm talking..at least 10 painful cystic acne, and at least a dozen more smaller zits. I even started to break out in areas that I don't ever break out in. I have never broken out this badly since puberty (which is a long time ago). It ruined my skin and I know it's this product because every time I would wear it, at the end of the day, I would have like 6 new pimples. Awful awful awful. If you have acne-prone skin, don't get this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by silver_rain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, very happy with this great find! The lightest color is a perfect match for my NW15 skin, I dont think i've ever found a color that matches my skin so closely. It looks natural, lasts relatively well and evens out my skintone nicely. And it's dirt cheap :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is the best foundation you can ask for if you can't spend a lot of money and still want to look fresh. I bought it with no expectations at all - I just wanted an inexpensive product that was also not too aggressive or heavy for my oily skin. After a close look to all the drugstore options, this was one of the cheapest (costed about 5€), but the packaging still was good enough to inspire some confidence. The texture is light, easy to blend and the pump applicator gives just the right amount to cover the whole face. After a week of using it, the only extra advice I must give to people with oily complexion like mine is to always apply some mattifying powder on top of this foundation, otherwise after a few hours a light but still visible oil glow will show up on your t zone (forehead, nose and chin).

Truth be told, I am very pleased and would definitely buy it again. Of course, you can't compare it to top brands, but remember: you're not paying a lot more than what you would do with really crappy foundations (the ones sold in chinese drugstores or dollar store ones) and the price/quality ratio is so much higher! Thus, it is a perfect chance to save your pricey foundation for special occasions. This one does the job just as well and you can spend it with no regrets.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this Foundation! I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do.
It's really cheap, for 1 fl.oz. it cost €6 - €7
The coverage is light to medium but definitely build-able! Because I'm so pale I thought the lightest shade would still be too dark for me but it's a pretty close match which is great! If you have oily skin I'd definitely recommend powdering a little bit. For me it doesn't feel like I'm wearing too much on my face. I wouldn't say it last 18 hours (but we all knew that :) ) but it can stay "fresh" so a good few hours.
I'm in love with the packaging too! The frosted glass bottle makes it look like a much more expensive foundation and the pump is VERY controllable so you never squirt out too much and waste product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Lessandes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this very cheap (about ~3€) when they had a sale down on it....I wasn't expecting much since rarely ever a drugstore product was satisfying for me (for reference: Im using the MUFE HD Foundation or the Studio Sculpt by Mac) but for 3€...well at least it wouldn't be a huge waste of money.

But I have to say....this foundation really made me wonder!

Coverage is....light to medium but buildable; there is not much to cover on my skin except a litte redness on the cheeks and undereye circles....redness was covered well, under my eyes there was still need for concealer (snce I didn't wanted to have about 3 layer ofs foundation on my face...).
It's easy to distribute, although I have very dry skin which normally makes it quite hard for me to use matte foundations but this one works. It dries to a semi-matte finish, I put powder on it on the nose and the forehead.
I could feel that there is make-up on my face but it wasn't too bad. Color of the lightest one is a litte too dark for my skin, but if I wear it on clubbings and stuff.....it really doesn't matter. It lasted on my skin about 8 hours without too much creasing (just a litte around the mouth and the nose) and it's not rubbing off too easily (...as the Studio Sculpt foundation for example....).

So for a drugstore product this is really a miracle to me!

Of course I won't throw out my HD foundations for it, but there are plenty of times when I don't want to waste the high budget stuff so.....then it's time for catrice =)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No