August 30, 2014 | 1824 users online

Hair Treatments - Dove - Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by jegeriufane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried this once and was expecting sleek, shiny and moisturised hair. Instead, I got puffy, dull hair and had to use extra products to get that puffiness out. Very disappointed. Was choosing from Pantene intensive conditioner and this one, thought I'd give Dove hair care a try, big mistake. I'll try the Pantene one next time since I absolutely loved their mask! Btw, my hair is long, thick and healthy, so getting dull and puffy hair was a surprise to me, it felt as if I put their shower cream on my hair instead of a conditioner, that didn't happen though:) I'll keep using it, perhaps with time I'd see some improvement, but for the time being I'm majorly disapointed, my regular conditioner does a much better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lsquires12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous conditioner, especially for the price! I have thick, coarse, dry hair and I heat style, so I need a LOT of moisture. I've tried the most moisturizing product lines from Kerastase, Biolage, AG, and Redken, just to name a few, and I think this conditioner is the best. It leaves my hair feeling soft and hydrated without extra weight or build-up, and it smells divine. I'm not sure it's HG, but it's pretty close!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really love the regular conditioner from this line and thought I would try this as well. It's not bad, but I noticed that my hair is heavier and has much less volume. I think I'll stick to the regular one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use both the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner (the one w/ the higher rating, in a bottle similar to Dove Body Washes - I will call #1 for simplicity) and this Dove Treatment (in a Tube, I'll call it #2 for simplicity). I LOVE the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Cond. #1 as it leaves my hair perfect w/ all the good stuff we want for our hair (soft, shiny, clean w /no film, good movement, FULL) but I thought this treatment #2 is not getting the love/good ratings it deserves. When I have used this, my hair was definitely more conditioned than w/ #1 but not as full bodied (more flat), etc.

I recently came back from a Bumble & Bumble Event (@ their headquarters, House of Bumble) in NYC where we could get a color consultation & our hair styled so my stylist curled my hair (long, 3" past shoulders) & used B&B Surf Spray (has salt, good for oomph but not good at all for conditioning your hair). BTW - both the colorist (1 of the top colorists there) & stylist thought my hair was in great condition (thanks Dove Nourishing Oil Conditioners)! Next morning, I woke up just feeling what "slight" damage (dryer, more prone to tangling) I had done to my hair (in 1 evening!) and in the next hour I was going to a vigorous dance class where we end up dripping wet w/ sweat (more sweat/salt to the scalp, hair, OUCH - my poor hair). So before class I quickly washed my hair & used the Dove Treatment (#2). After class, I took my ponytail out and my hair was beautifully conditioned, soft, shiny/glossy, etc. I KNOW that Dove Nourishing Oil Cond. #1 would not have cured my damaged hair like #2 did. Yes, I reach for the #1 more often but when I need to really pamper my hair, I reach for #2. So I am happy to own both Dove Nourishing Oil Conditioners - just know when you to use them for your different needs.

This is the 1st time in 30 years I love a Drug Store Treatment/Mask! All this time I've been using Kerastase Masques, Bumble & Bumble Super Rich & various masks, Alterna, Living Proof, Joico, Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm (Dove left my hair softer & fuller, not as limp as w/ Biolage), Redken All Soft (Dove left my hair softer, shinier, fuller w/o the film-y feeling as All Soft), etc. I can't believe a conditioner/treatment that costs $4.79 for 8 oz is outperforming $50+ masques & $30 conditioners! I've been trying the highly rated drug store favorites off & on for 30 years only to be disappointed (other Dove conditioners, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque DID NOTHING for my hair except to leave it limp/stringy w/ no moisture!, others like Pantene, L'oreal left a film).

I am 46, have fine, thin (but lots of it) long (5" past shoulders), black, stick straight, silky Korean hair. Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I use: Kerastase Bain Miroir 1 & 2 Shampoos, Kerastase masques (MasquIntense, UV Defense), Bumble & Bumble (Super Rich), Joico (K-Pak deep conditioners), Redken (Extreme Conditioner).

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is thick, slightly wavy, can get frizzy, and at times very dry. Most conditioners do not do a decent job for me. I always have to wind up spraying a leave in conditioner as well. With Dove, I can feel it working on my hair as soon as I put it in. My hair feels so soft, moisturized, and not at all greasy. The price for this is very reasonable, about $6. I think that I may have found my HG conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by taralanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOOOOOOVVVEEE this! After stripping the color from my hair, and bleaching it about a year ago, I needed something to tame the frizz and nourish my hair. This was it. It was love at first use. As my hair is still in the process of healing, I notice that I use less and less of this each time. I've been using it it for about 3 months. I'm to the point now where I only use it mid length to the ends (mid-back length), as it seems to grease up my roots and weigh down my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Didn't notice this product working any better than any regular drugstore conditioner. I do admit that I didn't find the oil care conditioner (that most people seem to love and has a really high rating) that good either so maybe it's just me. I have straight/slightly wavy long hair with some highlights and what I am looking in a conditioner/treatment is to make it shinier and easier to detangle. Well, this wasn't it.
Oh and I really hated the container, I grabbed the bottle with wet hands once and the label started peeling off where I touched it, I've never seen anything like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by valeria_l

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It doesn't work miracles but I don't think anything will with my hair. I have thic,k coarse, curly hair. It does make my hair soft and moisturized. I use a wide-toothed comb in the shower to work it through, slap on a shower cap to get it out of the way and rinse off at the very end. I also use the matching shampoo which I also really like. I can't use the other conditioner in this line because it contains mineral oil that makes me break out. I haven't been able to find it at Target like I used to though. I found it for 50% off on Walgreen's website and bought as many as I could although they didn't have much in stock. Usually when it disappears from Target that means it's discontinued. I hope not because I like this a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by knh1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Did not like this at all. I bought it because of the reviews on MUA but apparently I got the daily treatment instead of the other conditioner. When I put this in my hair, I felt like I had to keep putting on more because my hair didn't feel soft like it does when I put other conditioners on in the shower. After I wash it out, my hair already feels dry and horribly tangled. After I get done tearing the brush through my hair, my hair just feels dry and processed. The only thing that's good about this is the smell. But other than that I did not like this product at all. And FYI I have medium length highlighted dry hair. Not a good buy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by alicebettyanna

Wow! I don't know about the lower reviews, but on my color treated, highlighted wavy and thick hair, this stuff is the all that and more. Hard to believe it is so dirt cheap, tried the others from this Dove line, and I'm happy. Love it better than Pureology, Matrix and Aveda. I'd give it a try, for the $ you can't go wrong. I just bought 4 products on sale at Walgreens, and received a $5.00 cash reward for another day. All four products were less than my one fav Aveda.