April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Treatments - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Skin Bleaching Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lovepink22

Finally a product that actually does what it says it will. Lol I've had acne prone skin for years with varying degrees of breakouts. I've tried everything! Some things just irritated my skin and made it worse. Now that I don't break out as much, I'm trying to fade any hyper pigmentation and scarring that's left. This gel really helps to fade dark acne marks. I'd definitely recommend it to a friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely amazed by this product! I had been using Paula's Choice RESIST Clearly Remarkable Skin Lightening Gel with no results--I went through an entire tube--and I was afraid skin lighteners just didn't work for me. Then I bought this in .5 oz size just to give it a try.

In a week, I could see a very definitely lightening of my acne scars! My whole skin tone looked more even and clear. It seems to exfoliate nicely. I've been using it for three weeks now and marks that I've had for years are disappearing! This product is more expensive than the Paula's Choice product I was using, but the performance so many times better that it is definitely worth the money. I cannot recommend this enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by jolamarsz

I just recommended this to a fellow MUA subscriber. I started using the bleaching gel two years ago, and I swear by it. I bought it to help with hyperpigmentation from sun damage and acne. Within about a month after adding this to my skin care regimen, it had evened out my skin tone, reduced the appearance of my pores, and even helped minimize an acne scar. I use it now mainly to keep any acne flares in check, and to get rid of slight hyperpigmentation after the summer (which is minimal these days because I hide from the sun like a vampire). Yes, it has a sticky consistency but it doesn't dry sticky on my face. I use it at night, and I try not to put any moisturizers over it because they probably neutralize the mild acids quicker. If my skin is a bit too dry, Ill use it every other night and switch it up with moisturizer. I have never had such even skin tone before and will use this forever. I think they offer a sample size so you can try it out first but I would honestly try this for a month before judging it. Nothing except a peel or laser treatment is going to show real effects in a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jods101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this but this just did nothing for me. The positive: The packaging was fine and shipping was fast. The negative: I didn't care for the sticky consistency of this. I was hoping that this would help fade my melasma spots and old red acne scars over time but after several weeks of use I didn't see any noticeable results and all it did was irritate my skin and cause breakouts. I think I'll try the fade peel instead and see if I can get better results with that.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, very fair, acne-prone skin that is currently riddled with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

I am trying to be gentle to my skin by using gentle products, as well as products that are as non-irritating as possible. I recently ordered the lactic acid peel and this skin bleaching gel. I've been using the lactic once a week for a month. On the other 6 nights I use sulfur soap followed by Dormer 211 lotion and tamanu oil. I told myself that I wouldn't use any other actives during the week. BUT I couldn't help myself and added this bleaching gel to my routine as well. I couldn't resist the promise that it would help PREVENT melanin formation from new zits. The idea that I could possibly prevent the PIH in the first place was new to me and seemed too good to be true.

To sort of stick with my promise to keep things simple, I only use the bleaching gel on my chin (where most of my new pimples form) and my left cheek. I figured this would give me the added bonus of seeing for myself if this miracle gel would actually work, by eliminating any confounding variable (i.e. the lactic peel). I must say, I DO see a difference! I've only been using this at night about 3X/week (directions say to apply 2X/day), but the PIH on my left cheek has reached a colour I would call pink. The PIH on my right cheek is still a shade of brown.

I'm not finding that my left cheek is any different in terms of scaliness or redness as a result of the treatment. So no irritation.

I've also been using this on my back. For this reason, when I make my next order I will be purchasing the full ounce.

I paid $14 for 0.5 ounces of product, which I consider a fantastic price for a product that works. Previously I was considering a whitening product by Biotherm (much more $$) but I will be sticking with this product. I started out with low expectations, having been let down by other brands so many times before, but I am now very impressed =)

Love love MUAC. Shipping to Toronto was a PITA ($23 for $50 order of products) but well worth it!

As someone who likes to try everything out there, when I run out of this product I will be buying Skin Lighten by Derma E. Will compare the two by the end of the year.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No