August 22, 2014 | 2005 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Bobbi Brown - Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer (Spring 2011)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by brownclown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, after about 6 weeks of using this product daily I feel like I can write an adequate review. My skin is picky (like almost everyone else, it seems...) and the single foundation/TM I've found in my 35 years that did not break me out, dry out my skin with sunscreens, slide off my face, turn orange, etc. was discontinued over a year ago and I've been halfheartedly looking for a replacement ever since to use in the humid Seattle "summer".
This one does the job pretty well, providing excellent coverage with a light finish and no fragrance. I stipple a pea sized amount of this on damp skin with the Bobbi Brown full coverage foundation brush, concentrating on my t-zone until it's almost dry and then I buff it out over my whole face (including the eye area), following with a tiny bit of HD powder on my nose and that's it - I'm set for the day unless I need serious under eye coverage - another story.
Though Bobbi Brown has never impressed me before, I have to say this is leaps ahead of the other contenders I've tried - YSL, Dior, Chantecaille, Valmont, Jane Iredale, NARS, Laura Mercier, Sisley..... you get the idea. It's worth a trip to the counter to have one of their makeup artists show you how to use this to best advantage - if I just bought it blindly and took it home I would have messed it up, but that's just me. At least it wouldn't have broken me out, too;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this but this is not for me.

Pros:
- buildable coverage (light to medium)
- satisfactory staying power (doesn't fade too much throughout the day)
- leaves a natural finish (satin)
- fragrance free (well I smell a slightly plastic like scent but it disappears immediately)

Cons:
- weak UVA/UVB protection (I layer a SPF 30 moisturizer under it)
- undertone leans neutral/pink which turns pinkish brown when it oxidizes

My biggest pet peeve right now is that I've still been unable to find a tinted moisturizer that doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. For reference, I am NC25 and use the Extra Light color but the oxidation kind of ruins everything! The next shade on the spectrum, Light, read too peach on my skin. If you can find a color option that works for you, you should definitely consider this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by pantalm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This tinted moisturizer is great for every day use, for example for work or when you go out during the day and don't want to put something heavy on the skin. I think it's great for people who never used liquid foundation or any foundation before.
The oil free formula is moisturizing yet light, does not streak/cake/melt and does not suffocate the skin with silicones (like most bb creams do) and it does not make my forehead shiny. I don't even need to add powder afterwards.
Coverage is light and it would not completely eliminate strong redness but make it less noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by mbarnard0429

This is a decent product, if you combine it with some regular moisturizer. The main issue I found was that it was very thick and thus I had to use a lot an instead of getting light coverage it was more medium. When I mixed it with my moisturizer (clinique) it went on very nicely. I have redness issues and this was great for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Sweetbass

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great light reflecting finish, and blends well with brush application. Great coverage while still lightweight.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by alletsmat

This is my very first tinted moisturizer and I absolutely love it!! I was not used to the texture at first (thought it was too thick) but turns out i was applying it wrong. I asked the girl at the BB counter to show me how to apply it correctly. Make sure you buy the foundation brush, it's worth the money! This TM gives me a more even skin tone and even a brighter complexion! I love love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tmaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has become my new HG, and that doesn't come easily from me! I bought this because I needed a tinted moisturizer, and it is absolutely amazing. I was unsure about the color and had the woman at the BB counter match me to a light/medium tint, which matches me perfectly.
The thing about this, is, it covers really well without looking like anything else but skin. I have only seen that happen on my skin with a couple other foundations before. I use the Bobbi Brown full cover face brush, and I usually would never use a brush with any tinted moisturizer or foundation because I prefer to use my hands (I bought the brush too because I saw how awesome it worked with the tint and it really covered my rosy cheeks, which is important to me). But it blends it beautifully, and I am really impressed and already in love with this. My t-zone gets oily through the day, and I don't have time to touch up during work hours. This stays on really well and only started getting a bit shiny after about 9 hours of wear, which I think is awesome. I powdered it with Bobbi Brown pale yellow powder today, but usually I would use Chanel clair loose powder. Both works wonderfully, but I do think it's best to set it with a powder.

Bottom line: If you need a tinted moisturizer with a bit more coverage, but still looks natural, has spf and long staying power; this is for you!

EDIT: even though I got the light/medium color, there is NO WAY possible for me to use it right now cause it looks insanely orange on my skin. I do still like it, but I definitely need to have a tan to use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I really enjoyed the coverage, consistency, and finish of this product.

Great yellow tones that would wipe out any redness (especially around the nose area) and great for under eye use.

Perfect glowy finish for work or casual days. The SPF 15 is also a plus.

Easy to apply and travel with. Especially with the thinner tube style, including it in the 1 liter zippy bag was no problem.

However, it has always caused breakouts to appear after the first couple of days. So very unfortunate. I really tried to love this product and even changed my skincare routine to see if that would help. Alas, to no avail.

Tried the BB cream when that came out and am much happier with that. So I suggest that if you like this product, but it breaks you out--try Bobbi's BB!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by amy96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this tinted moisturiser for around 2 months now after buying it when I ran out of my MUFE HD foundation. I brought this because I wanted something lighter for everyday use and I had been recommended this by a friend. I also have acne prone skin and so I thought this would be better for my skin than a full on foundation..... WELL I WAS SO WRONG!!!! This tinted moisturiser is horrible on me!!!! At first I loved it as it felt light on the skin and it gave me quite good coverage considering its not a foundation, however after around a week of using it, it broke me out!! I already had some spots and scarring on my face when I purchased this but this just made my face even worse! Every time I wore this I would get a spot. This also made my skin itch after a few hours so maybe it's one of the ingredients that doesn't work with my skin? The only good thing about this tinted moisturiser is that it's good value for money and the colour match is perfect on me! (I wear Light Tint). Overall, this is horrible and I defiantly will not be repurchasing or wearing this any longer! Also the smell is atrocious and it smells like cleaning products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by RosaDoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why everyone's recommending this product. I'm a makeup addict and I have tried most of the brands out there, from drugstore to sephora to debenhams. The number one problem with this product is its color. I am very very yellow, so i can't use anything pink toned, but oh my, this product beats my yellowness. its like rubbing egg yolk on your face. secondly it catches on to every flake on your face (even though I am very oily) for some reason it appears very very dry. I understand that it is an oil-free products but it just looks horrible. The only thing good about this product is the fact that it didn't break me out and that it keeps oil at bay. I bought this and its just sitting on my table now.