April 17, 2014 | 1850 users online

Other - Tom's of Maine - Simply White Toothpaste

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is the second Tom's toothpaste I've tried. I cannot remember what the first one was, but I remember not being a huge fan as the formula was quite literally pasty. This formula was a little easier to work with, and I found the taste was a little nicer as well. I felt the whitening properties were definitely effective. Definitely would repurchase, especially when they're on sale!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I see the product hasn't been reviewed in a long time. I recently started using this and wanted to share my thoughts incase anyone was searching got an animal friendly fluoride free toothpaste.

Firstly this product is debated on by many because it contains sodium lauryl sulphate. Simply put it a foaming agent. It's not a necessary ingredient in toothpaste but its a chemical none the less. If you're worried about this switch to JASON power smile which is an excellent tooth paste as well and is SLS free and fluoride free.

The reason aside I like this particular toothpaste is how surprising the whitening is. This also cleaned my teeth awesome. My teeth felt and nice. My breathe stayed awesome for the entire day and again at night when I brushed before bed time. I had no sensitivity. My teeth looked Shiney and bright after just a couple uses. I mean, I'll be realistic is not like instant magic and you have a celebrity smile but you certainly have a cleaner smile. The packaging is nice and the toothpaste tastes great.

I compared this to the Jason Power smile which is awesome. I appreciate the work put into Jason products in that they are as natural as possible and vegan. It's a great paste except it's a slight bit bitter and my freshness doesn't last as long. Still a good clean and the same price. Both were $5 CAD. The SLS doesn't present me with great concern as MANY other products contain it. I like to live my life as natural as I can. I male a good effort but I do consider product effectiveness and if I truly like a product. My decision is based on that.

I love Toms toothpaste. I'll be buying more when they are on sale again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Most toothpastes make the insides of my mouth burn and break out in a rash. Tom's of Maine is one that does not sting in my mouth. I'm not sure why. It is pricey, but I guess it's a small price to pay to have a painless tooth-brushing experience. I've gotten so used to the taste that now other toothpastes taste really bad! I appreciate that it is for the most part, a natural product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

I've been using this for about a month now and It's my first time using a truly all natural toothpaste. I had used GoSmile's AM/PM set for years and loved that. That contained natural ingredients as well, but I needed a less pricy alternative. This toothpaste tasted super odd to me at first, but then I got used to the taste. I haven't noticed any differences in the whitening of my teeth though. The consistency is not unlike regular, unnatural toothpastes, but of course the foaming action is not nearly as intense. I have the clean mint flavor, which tastes minty, but not overly so. My mouth feels super clean and refreshed after brushing with this, but I still love GoSmile better!