November 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Crème - Rimmel - Match Perfection Cream Gel [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

I'm a little "meh" and unsure on this creme gel. I found that despite buying the lightest shade possible, it often turns orange throughout the day. The first time I applied it, the coverage was smooth, but the second time the coverage was terrible and a little too thick for my liking. I don't often get pimples, but if my foundation is too thick I find that they being to come up. After using this foundation for three days instead of my regular Revlon Colorstay Foundation, I got 4 pimples, one in the middle of my forehead and the rest on my cheeks.I find with this creme, less is more. Despite, only applying a little of it onto my face it looks caked and is hard to blend in with my neck. I would only really recommend this foundation if you have a darker skin tone or were using this on a one-off foundation, I found that it's not an everyday foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

F***.
I finally found my hg, its cheap. and they discontinue it -_- I ran to target and was lucky to find ONE more jar for $1.
Sigh the hunt continues.
Amazing coverage, easy application, matte finish, great color. 5 stars! Guess it was too good to be true

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Jsconnelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this foundation. The consistency is awful and the shade selection is terrible. It has little if any coverage at all and led try skin looking oily and greasy. I once tried to wear this foundation for college and I could feel it sliding off my face before I had even entered the buildings doors ! This product also smells awfull it actually smells like well emulsion. I also found thanthismproduct sticks t ever fine line in your face and really highlights I perfections. I think I used this 4/5 times and now has room a place at the back of my make up draw ! Will not buy again. Terrible product ! Not for oily skin !

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

I have combination skin but its not too troublesome(ThankGod). This cream gel foundation is LOVELY. When u apply it, it's so cool and refreshing on the skin and the coverage is great. It doesn't cover all my frecklesn (but then again, nothing does). The colour match of this foundation is superb! They only have 5 shades, but I found soft beige suited me perfectly (it actually DOES adapt to your skin).

It looks as if I have no make up on, its that smooth and evenly balanced. It makes your skin feel smooth, smells lovely too.

There is only one flaw.... and I wish soooo badly that Rimmel fix this....it leaves a massive white cast in flash photography :'( PLEASE RIMMEL!!! Do something! Other than that it is superb!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow this stuff is great. I picked this up in a rush as it was the cheapest thing in the shop. It really does feel like a gel and blends well. Only problem is oxidisation and it isn't very long lasting. I can't wait to try the concealer.

Edit: I believe the fragrance in this was upsetting my skin and giving me eczema. Changed rating to reflect this. Beware if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MennaSmith97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! It feels cool on my skin and glides on effortlessly. Lovely smell of cucumbers and a little goes a long way. Good lasting power ( I use a primer then set with powder). It covers blemishes and imperfections really well so I only need to use concealer on big spots. I've received comments on how nice and clear my skin look which is great as it's usually a giant greaseball! My T-zone is less oily looking/shiny but its not completely gone but that doesn't bother me! I will definitely be buying this again and I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by katrze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is great foundation for days when I don't need long lasting coverage (as it simply disappears from the face after a while) but looks so natural !! so Spring and Summer will be the time to use it as face, in the sun, doesn't look like has any foundation on, very natural and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ikutsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read a few reviews of this and finally decided to take a plunge and try it out. I've never used a gel like foundation before, so I started out by experimenting with application to begin with.

I would recommend applying this with a flat top kabuki/foundation brush, as I found that a normal foundation brush streaked, sponge and fingers didn't really give much coverage and blend very well.

This felt very cooling on the skin, almost cold, which was quite refreshing to feel in the mornings. With my flat top foundation brush I buff this into my skin in a circular motion, and find that it blends beautifully. I got my colour in Ivory, and it is an excellent match for me in the winter months when I tend to be quite pale.

The formula is very light and does not feel like I have anything on my skin. The texture is very gel like, it does feel slightly wet, but dries to a matte finish and leaves my skin feeling super soft after application.

This foundation does dry rather quickly, but you are still able to blend out any parts you may have missed even if it has dried slightly. This offers a medium to full coverage as you can build this up without it looking like a cake or having an orange cast. It blends away into my hairline and neck without a worry and I find that I only really use this on areas that I need it because it blends and looks so natural on the skin.

I have an oily complexion and this keeps the shine away all day, I may have to blot about once during the afternoon but other than that it keeps me pretty matte. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte and Clear Complexion powders to set this and it gives a matte finish to the skin.

I have also found that this is not hard to remove after a full day of wearing it. Using a wash cloth and my cleanser this removes every last bit of the foundation leaving my skin clean. I also think that this foundation has helped improve the texture of my skin, as some people have noted that their blemishes seem less noticeable, I also have seen a slight improvement in this as well.

The packaging is a little difficult to use, as the product gets stuck under the ridges of the glass bottle. There is however a plastic lid under the actual lid to keep the product moist and to stop it from drying out, which is a pretty good idea on Rimmel's behalf!

This stuff lasts a very long time. A small amount can go a really long way and that really pleases me as it means I won't be spending a fortune as often.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who has normal/oily skin as this is a holy grail foundation for me. It keeps the skin matte all day, provides coverage of choice depending on how much you put on, blends easily and gives a nice natural finish to the skin. I wear this foundation about 4/5 times a week and have no problems with it at all, I have no broken out which is a super plus for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Stylemummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I have been an avid fan of MakeupAlley for many years, I have never found a product that has impressed me enough to write a review about it - until now! This foundation is amazing!
For years I have been buying high-end foundations (mainly MAC, Aveda, Benefit, Giorgio Armani) as I had never found a budget-brand foundation that matched my skin tone/colour well. While browsing the makeup isle at my local chemist whilst waiting for a prescription to be filled, this foundation caught my eye so I had a little play. First I put some on my hand. The texture was divine. The smell was light and fresh. The colour was lovely. So, I dabbed a little on my cheek. It looked and felt so nice so I quickly applied it to me whole face. I then added some of the Rimmel translucent powder and bronzer, got my prescription and went home.
As soon as I walked through the door, my 10 year old daughter exclaimed that my makeup looked really good! Given that, I went back to the chemist and purchased these products (for less than I would normally spend on just a lipstick) and went home hoping to recreate the magic achieved in the chemist.
I have been using this foundation (colour purchased 'True Nude' - usually wear MAC NC25) for 2 weeks and the amount of compliments I have received have been outstanding! Mind you, I have recently experienced a severe acne outbreak and have been feeling awful about the state of my skin, so to have people tell me that I am glowing and look great was totally unexpected. I therefore recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a lovely foundation that is non-irritating and just gives your skin a gorgeous glow. The packaging is not the best but the product is amazing (especially for the price). So, if you are feeling like trying something new, definately give this a go!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Mcwooey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bougt this foundation today after noticing my current one is almost done. I was wearing MF Xperience shade 50 Beige Linen and loved the full coverage I got.

I have minimal acne on my neck and chin and dark circles under my eyes.

I was enticed to buy this product because of the price deals. All Rimmel Match perfection had £2 off the price (Superdrug UK) or I could buy 2 products for £8 so I got the 2 in one concealer illuminator also.

I tested a couple of shades on my neck and chose shade 200 soft beige.

on application (after using minimal concealor under eyes and on acne I applied with a make up sponge, like many other reviews it appeared dark on my face and dried in quite quickly but had a lovely cooling sensation and was satin smooth. I continued to apply and when I had done noticed that the dark shade had faded and had given me total coverage that looked natural and dewy.

I have slight oiliness across my Tzone but aside from that my skin is relatively normal.

its now about 6 hours later after application and my face still looks and feels fresh!

Im extremely happy with the product. perhaps in a couple of weeks i'll re-review if anything changes but for now I'm happy with my purchase and recommend it! :)