August 31, 2014 | 1046 users online

Eye Primer - Napoleon Perdis - NP Set Eye Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Nyarlathotep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was very disappointed with this. It didn't do a THING and creased like crazy! It doesn't even dry, so it mixes with your eye shadow (or at least, it did that with me). This is the kind of cosmetic failure that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. At a price of $15, this was an absolute ripoff. DON'T purchase this, ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Complete fail. Having really sensitive & oily eyelids I should have read the ingredients for something that cost me $15 & that I lost the receipt to so I can't even return it. A trio of oils- Jojoba, Roseship & Sunflower; that's asking for trouble. Made my eyes burn & itch, which in turn made them crease horribly even if I used the smallest amount. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by dwenn1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product does nothing. Actually, my shadow looked more intense without it, so it does the opposite of what it is supposed to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup1xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stinks, i want my elf one back. It comes out creamy and nice, and does protect my eye from inflammation, but was that the reason i got it? no. the price is ridiculous, the elf one is a dollar and works so much better. My eyeshadow fades very quickly, and it will crease within hours. I wasted my money. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ems0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is awful. I'm very disappointed, especially since it cost so much ($15.00). It is very oily, it creases, it doesn't even out the tone on my eyelids which other eyelid primers do (my eyelids are a tad darker than the rest of my skin) and it definitely does not make eye shadow last longer. In fact, I found that it made my eye shadow sort of just slide off. I won't use this again and certainly won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

Hmmmmm, this is a weird one. I keep expecting this to fail but it doesn't. . . .

I purchased this for $15 at Target because I ran out of primer and wasn't going to get to Sephora anytime soon. I thought the price was awfully high for what you got, but I thought I'd try it anyway. . .

I have had good luck with this keeping my shadow in place for 10 + hours, which appears to be the opposite of some of the other reviews. It keeps the colors true and the shadow in place, which I can totally appreciate.

The color of the primer is actually a good one for me - I have sort of rosy skin anyway and this odd lavendar-rose color disappears perfectly. Strange.

Also I don't get why the primer would use oils to keep shadow in place? But for me, this works, even after exercise and long workdays.

I wish it had a more pointy-tube for dispensing the product - like UDPP - but a little of this goes a long way. I didn't have problems with mine separating (so far).

I'd say if I could find it on sale, I'd be totally sold. . . .

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by DW91594

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This eye primer made my eye shadows crease more than they do without any primer at all. It is extremely oily and greasy. The back of the tube even says that it contains oils! How would oils help your eye shadows stay on? Yeah. They don't. Not a good product at all, I was extremely disappointed. Especially since it is only about 4 dollars cheaper than the beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by baciadesantos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. My shadow creased MORE wearing this primer than it does with NO primer!!! When a product actually makes the thing it's supposed to correct WORSE, it's pretty much 110% fail. Not really so cheap, either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

The texture is creamy and somewhat oily (shake before you use...). It's easy enough to blend into the eyelid skin, but its a very slippery process.
After say 2-3 minutes of doing my foundation, I came back to do my eyeshadow and had realised that the primer had created a thin pink crease line....it was just too slippery and had no adhesion power on the skin. Even with eyeshadow on, this continued to crease minutes after application.

I would say that durability of eyeshadows with this primer is quite low, although it does help somewhat with intensifying eyeshadow colours.

For the price you pay, this is certainly a disappointing product by N.P. The only reason I gave it 2 lippies was because it smelt ok, had a non-sticky texture and was a neutral pink colour which would suit most skintones. Otherwise, in terms of function, this definitely deserved a one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

The formula is like a lotion, much thinner than UDPP. I don't know if it was just my tube, but when I first squeezed some of the product out, I got nothing but oily grease (as if it had been separated). After squeezing to get all the oily stuff out, I finally got to the primer. Holds eyeshadow okay for me, but not as long as UDPP - probably about 5 hours at the most with this eye primer whereas UDPP lasts ALL day. The primer has a skin-tone colour, quite peachy, but blends away to almost nothing so I guess it would work for alot of different skin-tones. Has a slight sticky texture after it dried. Wouldn't repurchase because UDPP has worked better for me.