July 22, 2014 | 2119 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ghostofcpast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My go-to primer had been the ELF liner-primer duo, so I'm definitely not comparing this to anything high-end. However, I will say that this primer intensifies my eyeshadow and makes it last until the end of the day, which the ELF one failed to do. My eyeshadow looks the same at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it! It works very well for shimmery shadows especially. The only thing I don't like is the crappy applicator, but, you know, I'll live.
The reason why I switched was this "scientific" approach a beauty blogger did, which found that NYX primer dramatically outperformed any drugstore primers as well as the LORAC behind the scenes primer. For that, I think it deserves five stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read about this on a beauty bloggers website and I LOVE trying new and cheap products. I LOVE this primer. It can be "greasy" but I think it absorbs the shadow well. I put a dot on each lid and pat it in the skin, and use whatever is leftover on my under eye area, around the whole eye. Sometimes it will show a crease from the primer on my eyelid but I don't really worry about it. I just work the eye shadow into my crease, and onto my lid, anywhere I am going to put it. The creases will eventually "work" themselves out. I never EVER have a crease on my lids from this, but i do ANYTHING ELSE (except using mac paint pots as a primer). This primer will keep my eye shadow on ALL DAY LONG- I use Lorac Palette's. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Glimmerous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:

-Makes eyeshadows (powder, cream, etc) last all day
-Fast drying time
-Easy to use
-Non-greasy

Cons:
-Doesn't do much for color, but it's not a huge deal for me.

How I apply: put product from wand on fourth finger and gently pat on eyelid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe this product gave me a large red painful bump on my lid. I have never had this before and not allergic to any makeup until now. It's like a pimple! It hurts and the area is pink. It is so greasy that it won't dry until dry shadow is applied on top, then it was uneven. I would try using less if it wasn't for the reaction I had. I will stick to my Mally cream eye base.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. I thought this would work seamlessly, based on the reviews and that this would be a no brainer, since I don't have oily skin or eyelids. But I found this made my shadow crease after a few hours. I never reach for this. I will likely give it to someone and it will probably work for them though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kimbySS

I think people who say ¨it sucks¨ just arent using it right. When I first started i would put directly to my lids, which was way to much. Put some on your finger and use that for both of your lids. I hve asian eyes, not quite monolid but i do have a small lid area and very oily lids. This keeps my liner and shadow in place from 5:30 am till 6 pm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another fave in the beauty world, this primer is supposed to be a dupe for the Urban Decay primer potion. I haven't tried the latter so I don't know whether that's true or not, but what I can say is that this product is phenomenal. For those girls like me with extremely oily eyelids who need their eyeshadow to hold strong for several hours a day, this one's for you. Plus it makes the color look super saturated and vibrant, even the sheerest, most poorly pigmented eyeshadows I own look very nice layered over this primer.The texture is slightly tacky but I suppose that's what helps your eyeshadow stick to your lids. The product is in a nude color which looks rather clear on the eyes so if you have any redness, darkness or veins you need to cover, make sure you apply some concealer on the lids beforehand or mix it in with the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am shocked at the great results I got with this. I will keep buying. Shadow stays put and looks vibrant. Blended perfectly with this. Love it.

Edit: I do still love it but wanted to say that I agree that I don't think people are applying this correctly. It takes very little and needs to be blended evenly. It also takes a long time to dry but it WILL dry. You do have to run your finger over it once it DOES dry to smooth out the crease (BEFORE you put on the eye shadow) but if you do that and then it dries, it will not crease at all for the rest of the day. For the quality of how it makes my shadows look on my eyes once done and it's staying power, this is not an issue for me but may be for some people.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Asian oily and hooded eyes.

In cool, dry weather this product works great. Right now it's hot and not humid but not winter dry, and my shadows are creasing by end of the work day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by whitequeen1

I love this more than urban decays primer. Goes on smooth, and eyeshadow lasts forever as if it's been freshly applied! Colors never run, or fade. It's amazing. It also helps intensify my shadow.