September 1, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I think I'm over the NYX hype. I feel like you're paying for fancy packaging with this brand. This primer is hard to work with. I consider myself the queen of making products work, & I can make this one work, but it's just SUCH a chore. I have to apply at the start of my routine (like after cleansing/moisturizing), it creases like a MOFO. Creamy + excess creasing with this, makes it thumbs down! I have to go back * pat out the creases a minimum of twice before I can apply my eye makeup. Once I get past this my eyeshadow doesn't crease, but gawd help me if I don't have time for the double tap!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by subahe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would not recommend this product for someone with oily eyelids, after 3-4 hours using it, my eye shadow creased on me. The product itself has a greasy feel and a peachy undertone to it.I did not like the packaging very much, because I could not use the entire tube contents. It may be a good product for someone on a budget with dry eyelids.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

This product is HORRIBLE. I have pretty oily eyelids, so I thought I would try out an eyelid primer so that my shadows can look good all day. But this product actually sucks.
First off, this product creases WAY too easily on me, even if I only wear it on it's own.
Secondly, this product actually makes my eyeshadows look WORSE. Within an hour, I have eyeshadow on my bottom lashline and it looks really bad. I also think this primer actually makes my eyelids look OILER than with no primer at all... I honestly think my eyeshadow does better without this product.
Boo. I won't repurchase, this is going straight in the trash. Wouldn't get it even if it was free.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Annabellagrant

HG eyeshadow primer that keeps my shadow I place even with my problem oily eyelids. Applicator helps make a smooth layer without caking and also keeps me from jabbing my eye. Would purchase again and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ghostofcpast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My go-to primer had been the ELF liner-primer duo, so I'm definitely not comparing this to anything high-end. However, I will say that this primer intensifies my eyeshadow and makes it last until the end of the day, which the ELF one failed to do. My eyeshadow looks the same at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it! It works very well for shimmery shadows especially. The only thing I don't like is the crappy applicator, but, you know, I'll live.
The reason why I switched was this "scientific" approach a beauty blogger did, which found that NYX primer dramatically outperformed any drugstore primers as well as the LORAC behind the scenes primer. For that, I think it deserves five stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read about this on a beauty bloggers website and I LOVE trying new and cheap products. I LOVE this primer. It can be "greasy" but I think it absorbs the shadow well. I put a dot on each lid and pat it in the skin, and use whatever is leftover on my under eye area, around the whole eye. Sometimes it will show a crease from the primer on my eyelid but I don't really worry about it. I just work the eye shadow into my crease, and onto my lid, anywhere I am going to put it. The creases will eventually "work" themselves out. I never EVER have a crease on my lids from this, but i do ANYTHING ELSE (except using mac paint pots as a primer). This primer will keep my eye shadow on ALL DAY LONG- I use Lorac Palette's. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Glimmerous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:

-Makes eyeshadows (powder, cream, etc) last all day
-Fast drying time
-Easy to use
-Non-greasy

Cons:
-Doesn't do much for color, but it's not a huge deal for me.

How I apply: put product from wand on fourth finger and gently pat on eyelid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe this product gave me a large red painful bump on my lid. I have never had this before and not allergic to any makeup until now. It's like a pimple! It hurts and the area is pink. It is so greasy that it won't dry until dry shadow is applied on top, then it was uneven. I would try using less if it wasn't for the reaction I had. I will stick to my Mally cream eye base.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. I thought this would work seamlessly, based on the reviews and that this would be a no brainer, since I don't have oily skin or eyelids. But I found this made my shadow crease after a few hours. I never reach for this. I will likely give it to someone and it will probably work for them though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kimbySS

I think people who say ¨it sucks¨ just arent using it right. When I first started i would put directly to my lids, which was way to much. Put some on your finger and use that for both of your lids. I hve asian eyes, not quite monolid but i do have a small lid area and very oily lids. This keeps my liner and shadow in place from 5:30 am till 6 pm.