NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

on 9/3/2015 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Why won't this work for me?! I have oily lids so primer is a daily must. I was hoping this could replace my Urban Decay Primer Potion, just to save a little money. But unfortunately, this doesn't come even close to UDPP on me. My shadow disappeared within an hour. For comparison, UDPP keeps my shadow perfect until I remove it.

on 9/1/2015 10:35:00 PM

Bought this, used it once, then returned it. Not a good primer for me!

I applied a light, even layer to my eye-lids, but this stuff wouldn't dry! I had to blot it with tisssues, which removed most of the product and defeated the purpose of a primer.

Hate this! I don't know how it's working for others.It never dries and when I put my eye shadow on it looks awful and uneven like it's going on wet eyelids.I tried to put the Nyx white base over it and even tried NYX jumbo milk pencil but my eye shadow creased and had those awful black lines on the crease.I just can't make this work I like NYX some of my favorite products are from them but this is a miss for me.Elf shadow lock is much better I really like that one and have no problems with it and it's cheaper.

on 8/1/2015 6:35:00 PM

I was disappointed with this product. How do you guys apply it?? I've tried different methods, dubbing with my fingers, working with the included applicator, but it seems, like it just doesn't work for me. Which is too bad, coz I can see why people like this product. It does make eye shadow look deep and it does it's job well in keeping make up in place.
For me, it just seems, like it's too oily and wouldn't dry, it feels runny and it's early impossible to apply eye shadows on it and blend it. It "locks" eye shadows immediately, makes it very hard to work. Creased right away, due to the product being oily.
At least it wasn't expensive.

on 6/17/2015 9:30:00 AM

I've used many primers and NYX HD Eyeshadow Base is comparable to Urban Decay and Too Faced. I am able to wear NYX Primer in 96 degree Florida weather and it performs extremely well. The formula is lightweight and easy to apply. This formula erases any wrinkles and dark coloration from eyelids. The eye shadows go on smoothly and vibrant. There is no creasing during the day even extremely hot weather. The eye make up stays put all day with no retouching. I will repurchase since the price is excellent for such a great primer. If I had to state a negative it would be that NYX is not made in USA or Italy. I usually steer clear from China, Taiwan and Korea.

on 5/22/2015 7:00:00 AM

I thought this would act like primer ... As in smashbox-style gliding primer. It's sticky however. My eyeshadow would not blend and looked terrible. My eyes looked wrinkled. Returning

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily eyelids and a primer is necessary if my eyeshadow is to stay on and not crease. I've used a few eyeshadow primers in my time, all of them drugstore so I can't speak on high end ones but this product is holy grail to me. If you live in the UK, you'll have to buy this on eBay and Amazon and as with most American products sold over here on the Internet, it is more expensive than what you would pay in the states but it's worth it. It keeps my eyeshadow on all day, and the product goes on so much better no matter how pigmented the eyeshadow are, this primer demands a good application. It's a very good product, and it has lasted me a considerable amount of time and I use it everyday. It has a hint of colour to it so it's also a good base, everything about it is amazing.

It's alright. Does the job. My eyeshadow still fades by the end of the day, but this does prevent creasing. I'd recommend it! On my second one (:

I'm a newbie to eyeshadow primer and didn't want to spend a fortune. I find that this primer helps my shadow stay on all day long. If only I could find a foundation primer that would work just as well for me then I'd be all set!

Awesome eye primer for the price! Highly recommend!!