September 16, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Ombre Essentielle 51 Mahogany

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ricaalava

I love this product! I use it on my eyebrows. It's just divine! It's true, a little goes a long way. I don't really use the brush that comes with it because I use this specifically on my brows and I use an angled brush but overall, I'll say it again, I LOVE this product and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

I'm surprised that there is just one review before this one! Like the other reviewer says, this shadow is a great deep matte brown. I use it as a liner, as a crease colour, and even to fill in my brows. A little really does go a long way, and it doesn't have the fallout that other shadows have. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by sumug

This is the best deep, dark brown MATTE eye shadow I've been able to find - ever. I believe it should be universally flattering, which is not a common property of brown eye shadows as some can be too sandy or too taupey or too reddish or too mauve...

This is a dark, smokey brown, and super for a smokey eye. It has a very elegant effect in general. The only problem is that you have to be careful with your application so it doesn't come on too dark as it is highly pigmented - so just use a very light hand until you get used to it. You can be a little less cautious lining your lower lids, though.

I hate that I do this, cause it's so expensive, but the color is also fantastic to dust over the random white or grey hair that is starting to come out at the root. I first tried this cause I was desperate, and when I discovered how well it worked I went out looking for a cheap substitute to use on thin sections of my roots. I could not find anything so deep and pigmented so I still use the Chanel sometimes...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No