November 28, 2014 | 934 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Bun Spiral

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have pretty thick hair, and this would not hold it even for a few seconds. It would fall out of my hair as soon as I let go. It wouldn't even twist down to my scalp, my hair is so thick. (I twisted it until I couldn't twist it any more). Maybe they just need to make a bigger one for thicker hair, but if you have thick hair, this will most likely not work for you.
I got some extra large bobby pins at the dollar store, and I only need 7 or 8 of them to hold a bun in my hair all day. These fancy gadgets Goody is making are epic fails.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jmstraight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this (from Meijer for about $6.50) after I saw a friend using one. I've been using spin pins for over a year and LOVE them. My hair is about brastrap long, wavy, and thick. 2 spin pins can hold my hair in a bun all day and I thought it would be great to just have the one screw to use. Like other reviewers it just does NOT work in my hair. I have tried I don't know how many times and as soon as I let go after screwing it in, my hair just falls and then it's hard to remove. I love the concept, it's just not for me. I tried it in my daughter's hair and at least it will work for her so it wasn't a total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by KarissaA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm also surprised at the low reviews! I bought this a few days ago and have worn it to work for two days now without any problems. I work as package car loader, so I do a lot of moving around. My hair is long, just past my waist, and very fine. I wear it with a pony tail it's fabulous! It took me a couple tries to figure out the best way to use it with my hair, though. I just make a knot with my pony tail, then hold it over the base while I twist - piece of cake! I guess I haven't really given any thought to whether or not it's visible...I didn't buy it thinking it would be hidden, though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this "new" item and I was motivated to buy it as lately I'm trying to maximize my hairstyle options using less heat and products and I thought this might fulfill my requirements. After many failed attempts I personally think this item is a waste of $7. Didn't work at all for my thick medium length hair as it was completely visible, tangled my hair, delivered a poor excuse for a bun, and nearly impossible to remove. It felt like with all the twisting and difficulty with removal it was causing damage to my hair. Another item makes my epic fail list.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by chaque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised by the negative reviews for this product. I have been using it for about 3 months and I really like it. It has replaced the normal Goody Spin Pins for my buns. I get questions about it from friends and woman at the salon I go to because they are impressed with it when I take it out.

Maybe the problems are because of different hair types. I have bra strap length thin hair, but I have a lot of it so it seems thicker than it actually is. I normally secure my hair in a ponytail and then use this to make a bun out of it but sometimes I just put this in my hair if I am in a hurry and want a messier bun look.

You need to make sure that you twist it all the way down until the rounded wire is into your hair. If you stop before that point, it will not be secure. So just keep twisting!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by glossygirl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did this product go through any kind of consumer testing before it went out to market? Didn't they have some girl in the Goody office try to make a bun with it? Or did some intern think, "Hey, the Spin Pin is popular! Let's make a GIANT one!" Because that's how it seems to me. If anyone at Goody had attempted to use this, it NEVER would have made it into production.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i have medium long, thick, voluminous wavy-but-straightened caucasian hair

my issues with this product:

-secures knot very loosely
-is visible
-nearly impossible to get "set"
-ends are alway loose and flipping out of the bun
-hard to get out

my end result: a loose, heavy, saggy bun with visible wires around it and tufts sticking out, that's hard to fix/undo. yikes!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by missmoffat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Interesting product from the Goody. There are some very informative tutorials on outube that show how to use the hair tool.