September 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Cleansers - Acure Organics - Facial Cleanser Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by femath90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is LOVING this stuff. I ran out of my other natural cleanser...Lush Dark Angels and was in a pinch so I grabbed this from the drug store out of the natural isle. I am SO happy I did. I have tried every cleanser out there (Proactive, Acne Free, Nuetrogena, Boots, etc) and nothing has worked as quickly and as well as this. I began the week with several painful pimples on my cheeks and neck and today, 5 days later...all of them are basically vanished and ZERO new breakouts. I'm now starting to realize my other cleanser was too abrasive for my skin. This stuff is amazing, plus it smells amazing and is awesome at removing makeup. I follow it up with Derma-e facial oil as my moisturizer both morning and evening and my skin is glowing. IN LOVE. Will definitely keep using this gem.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Removes makeup completely and really well. Ingredients are pure and effective. If used for more than a makeup remover it tends to be drying. I alternate with Devita's Aloe Face Wash and Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. This was the first cleanser I purchased after going green & I'm extremely happy with it. It gets all my makeup off, doesn't leave a film, doesn't dry me out & the packaging is super cute. I have normal skin so I didn't need the gel over the cream but the reviews for this were so good, I was swayed towards the gel. I now have 4 Acure products and I love them all

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by starnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this at night to remove my makeup. I have bad skin which I cover daily with heavy foundation, concealer, powder (and then use blush, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow). This gentle, foaming, nice-smelling cleanser is usually able to remove all of these layers of makeup in one quick and easy washing. I don't use a washcloth or anything else. I just water my face, and then lather this in my hands, and apply to face with my hands, and then wash off with water. And the tube lasts a long time. As far as all the other promises it lists, I cannot attest to any of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by stormm

Love the citrusy smell and consistency. It lathers well when used with a soft face brush and leaves my very oily face clean but not stripped. Great face wash for winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I thought I would try this cleanser since I like the other Acure products I've been using. They are priced reasonably, use organic and fair trade ingredients - and they work! This cleanser is for normal/oily skin - I have normal/dry skin in the winter but bought this near the end of summer. Plus I was concerned about getting my makeup off at night. You only need a drop of this and it foams nicely. It has a strong lemony smell, but so far no sensitivity issues. Since it is colder out now, I alternate this with a couple other cleansers. This is definitely my warm weather cleanser or for tough to remove makeup!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I first learned of Acure Organics through a friend and decided to try their Certified Organic Red Tea Toner. That didn't work out so well (I think it was the glycerin), but I gave the cleanser a try, being very natural, organic, and affordable, I thought why not?
Well, it works very well and it has replaced my not-very-clean, harsh cleansers. It smells wonderful! A lemony scent that's very clean but not overpowering. The texture is a smooth gel that foams if you add more water, but I prefer to create a thin lather. The bottle is nice, pretty, and colorful, although I would prefer glass. At first, this cleanser dried the skin around my nose a bit (I think my skin was transitioning), but after the first week it cleansed gently and left my skin neither dry or tight; a sign it was working and agreeing with me.
I cannot say if this cleanser helps breakouts or problem skin because I've been using evanhealy's Green Tea Clay mask, evanhealy's blemish roll-on, and Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar to help my troubled areas. But it works and fits in well with my current skin care regimen so in that sense I will continue using it. It's gentle and does not disturb the skin's natural acid mantle (In the past, I've used Purpose Face Wash and that wasn't doing me any favors). I even use it to cleanse the delicate eye area.
Also, I only use it at nights because it removes my sunblock and moisturizer very well. In the mornings, I use a more grainy, exfoliating cleanser. Once, when I really needed a deep morning cleansing, I used evanhealy's Lemongrass Facial Polish and followed it with the Superfruit cleanser and my face felt very smooth and comfortable. Overall, I will buy this again, because its made of natural ingredients and is effective without incorporating harsh surfactants or chemicals. So many thanks to Acure Organics!
UPDATE (1/2013):
I am no longer using this cleanser. For some reason, it was not working all that well as temperatures dropped. Also, I am not sure if the olive oil in this may be clogging. In place of this, I switched over to Kahina Giving Beauty's Facial Cleanser; it's gentle and does not foam at all so it does not strip my skin of any moisture in the cold months. However, I think I will try the Acure Facial Cleanser in the summer, hotter months and see if it still works for me.

Update: I am not using this cleanser and will not buy again. The citrus ingredients in this cleanser are too sensitizing to my skin. The area around my nose and mouth become irritated and really uncomfortable. If your skin can handle these ingredients, then it would be a great daily cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl23

I've been using this product for about 6 months now, and I LOVE it! I like pretty much every product I've used from this brand, but the Cleansing Gel is one of my favorites.

It works great at removing makeup, even eye makeup, and gets my skin clean without feeling the least bit tight. It also foams, which is pretty rare for a natural cleanser.

I would say though that those with drier skin should probably stay away as it would probably be a little too strong, but for those with oily or combination skin looking for a foaming cleanser that is reasonably priced, this is a fantastic choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by greenmama5000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I started using this after my higher end (NUDE) line was taken out of the Whole Foods I shop at. I'm kinda glad too. I am one of those gals that has to clean her face twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed, whether or not I wear makeup. Compared to Nude, I save money with Acure, because so little goes a long way, especially since I got the Mia 2. This cleanser cleanses so thoroughly it leaves my skin a bit dry feeling, but I use either the Acure Oil-Free day cream in the morning or the Acure night cream before bed. I used this product for 2 weeks before I got the Mia 2, washed my face by hand twice a day and I saw a reduction in acne breakouts and increase in the health of my skin. One of the most important things for me is that the ingredients are right on! I love organic produts!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by usagi555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried out this cleanser during the fall/winter and I found it left my skin feeling too dry. A couple of months later, during warmer weather when my skin started getting oilier, it's been working wonders. It leaves my skin feeling clean and comfortable. I love that it lathers well without using sulfates and it truly removes ALL makeup. It has a fresh clean scent and a little goes a long way. If only the packaging where prettier!