April 17, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Eyeshadow Trios - Almond Satin

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A total waste of money. I can't believe I paid $5 for this.
Pros:
Good for using as a "loose powder" to set cream eyeshadows.
Cons:
SUPER sheer. Almost clear except for the obvious shimmer.
The brown's really muddy.
The packaging is sucky. I accidentally dropped it less than two feet from the ground on a carpet and a lot of powders fell out, the cover landed a million miles away, and the remaining product was cracked.
It wears off easily, even with a primer! I wore all the colors once upon a time and they were gone in less than an hour...or maybe the colors were so translucent I couldn't tell.
Overall, I would definitely NEVER buy this again. I'm throwing it out once I'm done with the lightest color being used as a cream eyeshadow setter! I'm NOT going to make my $5 a waste. >:(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i picked this product up because i wanted a neutral trio for everyday wear and this one looked very subtle and nice in the packaging; but once i tried it on my eye, you literally can't tell that there is anything there... this eye shadow is really bad, i even tried swatching it on my hand and the color doesn't even show up i had to really rub my fingers into the shadow in order to get SOME color onto my fingertips.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try these shades once I saw them in store. They looked like very pretty taupes/brown-grays, but hardly any of that came out onto the lid. I've had pretty good luck with Maybelline shadows, but not this one. Almond Satin may be one of the worst pigmented shadows I've tried. I feel like I have to scrape the pan to get something, and when I do, it just looks chalky and is worn off in just hours even with primer. Don't let the colors deceive you, the product is not good!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by GentleReader

Pretty, neutral colors, but very very sheer. I think the only way this trio works is for a very natural daytime look.

Pros: Long-lasting, dirt cheap
Cons: Can't get a big color payout, really cheap packaging

On the upside, the midtone color is really handy for filling in my blonde eyebrows!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first saw this prouduct, I thought the colors were soooo pretty for an everyday natural eye. But when I got home and tryed them out, they were so sheer! I was disappointed too because the colors were so pretty! Save your money for something else!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Greenapple95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeshadow trio in awhim because the colors looked lovely. When I got home I looked up some reviews on this and saw that it had such a low rating. So I gave it a try and confirmed that those low reviews were true. The shadows are so sheer to the point where there is absolutely no color whatsoever. Tried with primer, wet brush, a luminizer, naw,no color. It's such a shame because the colors are really pretty. Please don't spend your money on particularly this color 'almond satin'

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Whatever you do, skip this one. The colors look really pretty in the pan but do not translate at all on the lids because there is hardly any pigmentation. The most pigmented shade is the crease shade, and I would rate its pigmentation in between below average and average. I don't know if I can say that this will show up on fairer skintones (I'm NC30). It's really THAT bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by cellogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hardly any pigment. Very disappointing. The colors are nice neutrals suitable for cool-toned complexions. But they don't show up at all, even after applying a lot of product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by SmartCookie1035

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

These might just be the worst eye shadows I've ever used. It's not that the colors are bad, it's just that they barely show up on the lid at all! Unlike my Coastal Scents shadows, it doesn't matter how much primer you use before applying these shadows; they just have no pigmentation or substance to them at all. It's like you're not even wearing makeup. A disappointing flop from an otherwise decent brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MaiSilver

This is a bad eyeshadow. The color didn't show at all unless I put a lot of it. The base color does absolutely nothing. The lid color show little to nothing on my eyes and the crease color is the only color that shows a little bit.
Only good thing on the product is it is very cheap. I would suggest to get other darker colors or if u have super pale skin then this color might do.