September 22, 2014 | 1941 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Eyeshadow Trios - Almond Satin

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased Maybelline's Nude palette, which is incredible. I saw these at Target and thought they were pretty and I could add them to my collection of nude/neutral shadows.

These are very, very lightly pigmented shadows. They are good to even out the eyelid, but you will not get a lot of color pay-off from these. These are great for a no makeup look since they brighten your eye area, but that's about it. They are neutral, but lean slightly warmer, so I won't repurchase. To get the most out of these shadows, you have to wear some sort of primer (I just use concealer) to get them to "stick" to your lid. They're more work than they're worth, but what I do like about these: no annoying glitter or super shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Haven't purchased a drugstore eye shadow for a number of years, and now I remember why. Needed some neutral shadows at the last minute in a small portable size for business trip as my Cargo shadow quad got dropped on floor and shattered, my Tarte shadows are in a giant palette and had no time to get over to Sephora to pick up the Urban Decay Naked Basics. The colors look fairly nice in the pan and the price ($6.99) seemed really reasonable - or at least it would be if the product actually lasted or showed up. As other reviewers note, multiple passes over the lid with the shadows leaves at best a tiny bit of shimmer and a very pale, very sheer almost non-existent application. Only the darkest color actually has a little depth to it. Unfortunately, it does not last very long. I'm sure there are better DS eyeshadows out there that may have better color payoff. This just is definitely not one of them. To salvage the price of this, started wondering if the very lightest shade could be used as a lightly shimmery highlight on cheeks to at least get some use out of this. Purchased this with a Maybelline Vivids lipstick in red which I did get compliments on from co-workers and got $5 extra bucks back at CVS on both the lipstick and shadow trio, so in the end, this shadow trio mistake really ended up just costing me $1.99 plus tax.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A total waste of money. I can't believe I paid $5 for this.
Pros:
Good for using as a "loose powder" to set cream eyeshadows.
Cons:
SUPER sheer. Almost clear except for the obvious shimmer.
The brown's really muddy.
The packaging is sucky. I accidentally dropped it less than two feet from the ground on a carpet and a lot of powders fell out, the cover landed a million miles away, and the remaining product was cracked.
It wears off easily, even with a primer! I wore all the colors once upon a time and they were gone in less than an hour...or maybe the colors were so translucent I couldn't tell.
Overall, I would definitely NEVER buy this again. I'm throwing it out once I'm done with the lightest color being used as a cream eyeshadow setter! I'm NOT going to make my $5 a waste. >:(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i picked this product up because i wanted a neutral trio for everyday wear and this one looked very subtle and nice in the packaging; but once i tried it on my eye, you literally can't tell that there is anything there... this eye shadow is really bad, i even tried swatching it on my hand and the color doesn't even show up i had to really rub my fingers into the shadow in order to get SOME color onto my fingertips.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try these shades once I saw them in store. They looked like very pretty taupes/brown-grays, but hardly any of that came out onto the lid. I've had pretty good luck with Maybelline shadows, but not this one. Almond Satin may be one of the worst pigmented shadows I've tried. I feel like I have to scrape the pan to get something, and when I do, it just looks chalky and is worn off in just hours even with primer. Don't let the colors deceive you, the product is not good!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by GentleReader

Pretty, neutral colors, but very very sheer. I think the only way this trio works is for a very natural daytime look.

Pros: Long-lasting, dirt cheap
Cons: Can't get a big color payout, really cheap packaging

On the upside, the midtone color is really handy for filling in my blonde eyebrows!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first saw this prouduct, I thought the colors were soooo pretty for an everyday natural eye. But when I got home and tryed them out, they were so sheer! I was disappointed too because the colors were so pretty! Save your money for something else!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Greenapple95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeshadow trio in awhim because the colors looked lovely. When I got home I looked up some reviews on this and saw that it had such a low rating. So I gave it a try and confirmed that those low reviews were true. The shadows are so sheer to the point where there is absolutely no color whatsoever. Tried with primer, wet brush, a luminizer, naw,no color. It's such a shame because the colors are really pretty. Please don't spend your money on particularly this color 'almond satin'

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Whatever you do, skip this one. The colors look really pretty in the pan but do not translate at all on the lids because there is hardly any pigmentation. The most pigmented shade is the crease shade, and I would rate its pigmentation in between below average and average. I don't know if I can say that this will show up on fairer skintones (I'm NC30). It's really THAT bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by cellogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hardly any pigment. Very disappointing. The colors are nice neutrals suitable for cool-toned complexions. But they don't show up at all, even after applying a lot of product.