Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Foundation Brush

3.6

on 3/1/2015 8:12:00 PM

I love this brush, I find the shapes helps the glide over the contours of my face, I alternate between this and the BBlender.

You can find it at Harmon Discount, and use your BBBeyond coupon and save some money

on 2/15/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed with this brush. I know it's meant to be used as a foundation brush, but after reading the reviews here, I bought it for contouring. It's so dense that it picks up waaaay too much product, even when you try to be really careful. I look like I have rubbed dirt on my face where I tried to apply my contour powder this morning. I've buffed and buffed and I can't seem to get rid of it. I'll try it again tomorrow, but if I can't make it work I might just give it away.

EDIT: I've since used it for liquid foundation/tinted moisturiser. Meh, nothing special. I pack it in my bag for when I am getting ready after the gym, because I don't want to lose/damage my stippling brush.

on 10/19/2014 5:19:00 PM

As a foundation brush it was a major disappointment. I tried a few times with different products and it was just not worth the hassle. I can achieve better effects just by using my fingers. It was just spreading foundation on my face, it did not blend it, it did not look flawless - it was just meh.
For a while it was just left unused until I decided to use it for something else. It is actualy a decent contouring brush!
I have been using it as such for a while abd I am pleased. I use it with powder products.

A little disclaimer - my favourite products to apply liquid foubdation are miracle complexion sponge, stippling brush or flat top brush. I recently ditched all liquid foundation and switched to BB creams and I find applying these with my fingers works best.

on 6/14/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am not a fan of this product at all. I have found that when I use it to apply liquid foundation, it leaves lines in the foundation once it is on my skin. It is moderately soft but I would prefer it to be a bit more fluffy and softer.
I now use a powder brush to apply liquid foundation and I have found that that works so much better.

Overall, I would not recommend this product.

on 3/5/2014 11:55:00 PM

I really like this brush. At only $7.99 at my local Ulta it was a steal. The lady at Ulta recommended it and said that if I didn't like it after a couple of days I could also return it. So I jumped at it and I'm so glad I did. It has very soft bristles. The little angle is a plus. It applies my Skin79 Snail Nutrition B.B. Cream perfectly. No streaks at all so far. It gives me a fantastic finish. As with all of my foundation brushes it still needs cleaning every day, but I guess that's all foundation brushes. I highly recommend getting this brush from your local Ulta and giving it a try.

on 11/6/2013 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Price wise it's alright for a brush, and the packaging is pretty good. I really like the idea of your brush being able to stand so it won't be touching dirty surfaces. The bristles feel really good and smooth.

However, the brush leaves my face looking streaky. When I look at my face closely in the mirror, I can see my liquid foundation covering my skin in lines. Also, I find that the product sticks to the bristles, so if I use a makeup cleansing wipe on the bristles there is still a lot of residual foundation.

Overall, while I love the blush brush and think it's one of the best brushes every, this was not for me and I wouldn't be repurchasing it.

on 8/31/2013 3:10:00 AM

Bought this. At first used it was really good, and the finished was flawless with liquid foundation...

Second used was awful.. basically , the hair of this brush get's thicker and thicker from previous use very easily. It gets really really dry from previous foundations and so the finished wasn't as smooth as the first used. Really disappointing that you would have to wash it every time. Also the hairs of this brush doesn't feel smooth on face.Not recommended for girls with dry skin as this brush will cause micro exfoliation on skin.

on 7/23/2013 11:36:00 PM

Ok let's be serious this brush sucks for applying foundation. It goes on streaky and doesn't blend.
I purchased this at winners for $5.99. Canada only sells the collections at Walmart not the individual brushes.
So for the foundation part of this brush I gave it a 3. So for the people who bought this and it doesn't work I have some other great uses for it
First being its the perfect contouring brush for cheekbones.
Second it's good for powdering under eyes to set your concealer.
Third it's a decent brush for applying a highlight or blush
And lastly it does an ok job blending under eye concealer.
It sucks to buy a product that doesn't work for its intended use but there usually always a way to make it work some other way. :)

on 10/9/2012 8:40:00 PM

If, like me, you have trouble applying foundation smoothly with a traditional oval taklon brush, this brush may be your savior. I've never been very good at applying foundation with a brush. It usually turns out streaky and though I do love the airbrushed look I can get with a buffing brush, it just seems to take so much foundation to achieve the right results. I gave this brush a chance, not really understanding how I might use it. I am delighted. It is thin enough not to soak up a lot of foundation but it is soft and plush, allowing for a really nice, soft, buffed finish. Layering is quite easy where necessary. Just for the record, there are three different "foundation" brushes in the Real Techniques line: this angled one, a rounded one in the Travel Essentials set, and a smaller pointed one in the Core collection. Additionally, the stippling brush (separate) and the buffing brush (core collection) are great for applying various types of foundation. I didn't think I'd get much use out of this one but it's turned out to be my favorite for both liquid and cream-to-powder foundations. I also really like the buffing brush, but I use it less frequently since trying this one.

on 6/23/2012 9:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

First, let me preface this review by saying, I LOVE these brushes!! They are cruelty-free and of fantastic quality. The bristles are phenomenally soft and really hold pigment for application. They are great. I have many different brushes from a variety of price points (MAC, EcoTools, Sonia Kashuk, etc) and these are truly my favorite. I just really don't think you can go wrong with most of them.

This brush in particular was one I was excited about trying, as I wanted to get a good brush for applying foundation... Well, when I tried this one, I was somewhat disappointed. The length of the bristles (fairly long, in my opinion) made the foundation somewhat streaky when I applied it, which of course I didn't like. It also doesn't feel as dense as what I wanted from a foundation brush.

That being said, I still like this brush a lot for other purposes. It works great for applying contouring powders or highlighters, and I would repurchase for that use in a second! I just don't use this for foundation.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products