September 19, 2014 | 1582 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Forte - Cream I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to forget that this is a quality glycolic treatment cream and not a moisturizer. It feels good going on and once I warm the pea-sized amount with my fingers, it goes on butter smooth. I see definite steady improvement in pore size, fine lines and discoloration over a year's on and off usage. And I still have 1/3 left. What I really notice is the general overall smoothness of my face and neck. Highly recommend. Use sparingly and with sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jamie11210

I know this stuff is pricey, but completely worth it. I am reviewing after only using for one week. My acne started clearing from day 1 and my skin feels and looks smoother. I hope this does wonders for my pores, as I have been battling this issue for awhile, but so far I am really impressed with this stuff. I think it is totally worth the money. Also, I order online doing searches for whoever has this cheapest at the time. I was able to get this and the facial cleanser for $45 with shipping included...so search around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Based on the good reviews here at MUA I started with cream I. I`m really glad I did. I have been spending lot of money on skin care products and I`m very hard to please. This one really did what it promised. My lines, pores and dark spots are less visible now. I have been using cream I for to months and last week I switched to cream II, really happy!!! It does sting a little bit, but I think itīs weird that my sensitive skin hasnīt react more. I buy my MD forte products from Ebay. I leave in Norway and MD forte is almost impossible to get and if you are lucky to find it the price is sky high. Well this line worth $$. Thanks for MUA for the tips!!! I will keep using this line forever :-)))

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by jenni1965

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cream. It is a bit "dry" to apply (not slick to smooth over face) though which is the only downside. A little goes a LONG WAY. You do not want to overdue it. The size of an eraser head - less than a dime is all you would ever need. I am curious to see how I fare in winter with this as I am in New England and my skin is getting drier. I had some peeling in beginning but stuck with it. Some minor flakes are normal in beginning as your skin is sloughing off and the old is coming off. The packaging leaves a bit to be desired. It is just a plastic pot with large top. I prefer something with a pump for bacterial reasons. The pot with fingers going into it every day is not the best for bacteria.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Actually been using the Cream III as a bit of a treatment product on my forhead and undereye area and have had excellent changes and noticeable changes taking place. Purchased this item based on the excellent feedbacks on Product Reviews as well as the Message Boards, and have recently (almost 5 weeks) started using MD Forte as well as Afirm and now these products I highly recommend with any skincare issues (clearing up of acne and actual witnessing of fine lines or discolorations disappearing - normally I have used products in the past where I only had a temporary fix, but MD Forte and Afirm get my highest recommendations.)

Update: 10/07 my face really cleared up in terms of acne but then MD Forte and Afirm stopped working on me and dried me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Maria157

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry, I just don't like this. My dermatologist recommended it for my dry/ breakout prone skin. It didn't do anything for me, either to improve breakouts or give adequate moisture. It also stings a little on application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2005 6:18:00 PM More reviews by laetitia774

I switched to this from Paula's Choice 8% AHA treatment and was very pleased with the stronger MD Forte. I experienced a little stinging initially and sometimes when I stop using the Cream for an extended period of time but I don't have any trouble with AHAs. The cream version is extremely emollient so it's best for dry or normal skin types. I find that I have to switch over to the lotion in warmer weather. Expect the same results as you would from any well-formulated AHA product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 1:49:00 PM More reviews by kboston72

best treatment ive ever tried. I have tried to up to the cream II, but my face got too dry and irritated so i think ill stay at this level. Keeps pores clear, skin tone even and smooths out rough areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by mommysteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually use the Cream II, 20% strength, and it is terrific. My dermatologist always tells me what good shape my skin is in, and I credit use of this at night plus Skinceuticals Vitamin C serum in the a.m. for a good glow. I can't tolerate Retin A, so am glad this works for me. I break out very easily and can't use products with oil, so this is a real godsend for evening. Sunblock is fantastic too, oilfree.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2004 8:16:00 PM More reviews by yasmataz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this cream. It leaves my skin glowing and I can tell the difference (slightly) in fine lines on forehead and around mouth. I'm in late 20s, so I guess I'm starting early with the glycolic products - but: an ounce of prevention...I have noticed that as time goes on the glow is starting to dull a bit...but maybe my skin has simply adjusted or I need to move to cream 2 (which I don't plan on doing for a while)