September 18, 2014 | 864 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Secret Fantasy EDT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a sweet lighthearted scent. It's smells of sweet red berries and vanilla. As somebody else mentioned, I also smell rose in the mid notes. It smells nothing like BS Fantasy, even though the name and bottle appear similar. It has average staying power (3 hrs?) and mild/average projection. I don't believe scents should have a certain age group put on them, however, it is probably slightly more appealing to a younger crowd.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

SECRET FANTASY is pure berry on first application -the different notes all mingle together to be sure of what they're meant to be. Raspberry and redcurrant maybe? Whilst I can't outright distinguish the pineapple, I can tell there is a sweet-but-tangy note that is a bit separate from the berries.

The floral notes in SECRET FANTASY are all mild, creamy and a bit watery; yet still easier to pick apart in comparison to the fruit notes. The jasmine is the key note and is the first to emerge from the lingering fruit notes. I'm sure that there is peony or rose in here too, because of the creamy powdery undercurrent to the fragrance. I like the scent of lilacs, so I was disappointed by how mild and blink-and-you'll-miss-it it is on me here.

After a few short hours everything fades away into the usual Avon perfume base; a vanilla tinged, woody base. A little bit of jasmine seeps down into the base, making the most out of the creamy sandalwood, but everything still seems quite flat after the loud notes in the opening.

Official scent notes; Red fruits, pineapple, jasmine, lilac, velvety white musk, amber and warm sandalwood.

It's an Avon mass market release and it's a EDT concentration, so no prises for guessing that the lasting power isn't anything to shout about; it's got four hours maximum on me.

I think that this is best suited to use for day wear - both casual wear and for work. Some people may think that it's too sweet for work, but I think the delicate florals break up the sweetness enough so that it doesn't seem too young. I don't wear SECRET FANTASY in the evenings; It's too mild and doesn't last long enough for my tastes.

I first received my bottle in winter and I wasn't overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong; I liked it, but the EDT concentration doesn't work with my body chemistry; I can't smell any of the floral notes in colder weather and after an hour I struggle to smell anything at all. So yeah, this is limited to the spring/summer months for me.

I don't want to start repeating myself, but this is another OK, but not memorable or special fragrance. Like other Avon releases it is a safe gift choice; it suits all ages and even if you don't love it, you'll be very unlikely to fins something that you don't like as everything is mild.

In other words it's another stereotypical Avon release; jasmine, berries, vanilla and sandalwood.

If you like fruity/florals [most other Avon fragrances, Katy Perry Purr, Ralph Lauren Ralph, Paris Hilton for Women, several J.Lo Miami and L.A. Glow, the Ed Hardy for Women and Hearts And Daggers, Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC] then you should try this as it'd make a suitable, cheaper alternative.