August 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Liner - #14

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
1. Pretty Color. Multidimensional shimmer in a greyish-black base. Stunning with brown eyes, in my opinion. A softer alternative to straight-up black eyeliner.
2. The felt-tip applicator (feels a little spongey) makes application a breeze.

Cons:
1. It is very expensive. I believe it is over the $35 mark in Singapore.
2. This is the dealbreaker for me: it flakes off and irritates my eyes (I wear glasses).

I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Jomugsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favourite eye-liner and the only one that lasts the whole day for me in hot tropical weather. I've tried a few - pencil/gel/liquid liners from Bobbi Brown, Mac, Shu uemera, Dior and none lasts. My skin somehow melts most makeups and leave dark "eye bag"-looking smudge (anyone has the same prob??). Luckily this one doesn't!

It also works well for outdoor/sports activities with light/med sweating. When it does get off, it doesn't leave a trail/liquify all over your face. It comes off as small particles so it's less embarrassing. It stays on on gym workouts / pool swimming.. Doesn't last too well on the beach or skiing.

I use either black/brown depending on the occasion.

One thing to be careful of is to take care of the cap when closing. And clean occasionally to remove hardened bits. My first few ones cracked but not a problem now once i remember to clean off with cotton buds or pin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a gorgeous black liner with multi-colored micro-glitter. It looks very elegant and lovely. I wear it often because I love it so much. I gave it a four, though, because it's a little on the sheer side and I have to go over it a second time for it to be opaque. It's worth it, though, it's just so pretty. Wears very well and doesn't smudge.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry to bring down the rating on this eyeliner.... the multicolored diamond black eyeliner looks gorgeous on hand/swatches but fails as an eyeliner. Turns blah on the eyes..for the price tag that is unacceptable..Try is 15 instead, wont be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to product. Use it everyday. Its 100% waterproof. I usually shower and wash my face after working out. It seriously doesn't come off! But when u try to wipe it off with remover, it comes off easily, doesn't leave any stain or mark. The color is so intense, its not flaky, its precise, dries quickly after u put it on. However this product is pricey for an eyeliner and I honestly don't like the smell though. anyway so far this is the best liquid eyeliner I've been using. Def will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ikissandmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually love all of Makeup Forever products. I used to be hooked on MAC until I found MF. Their shadows and most liners are actually more pigmented and vibrant than MAC. The Aqual Liner lasts...well forever or at least until you use MF eye makeup remover and or Mary Kay eye makeup remover. Fantastic! I highly recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so impressed with the staying power of these liners. I have #12 I think? It's a graphite gray, and then I have this one, which I bought after seeing how long-wearing the first one was! I had showered, swam laps, and then sat in the steam room at my gym, and it stayed just where I had put it. It was crazy! This color is so unique, I just had to write something nice about it :)

Just like a reviewer below, it is a beautiful, very unique color. Most likely unlike any other you have owned. It is not an opaque black- it goes on almost like a watery-black (agreed this one does need a good shaking before application), and on the eyes, it's almost indescribable- it's a watery black that is packed with different colors, making it, well, indescribable! The glitter in it is so tiny it's more shimmer, and it doesn't look like you are wearing glitter eyeliner. It just gives this melange of colour on the eye. The perfect alternative to your typical harsh, bold black liquid eyeliner. Love it. I love it because it defines and brightens the eyes with something other than your typical black, which can end up doing the opposite.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Tammy123456

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Lancome's artliner and thought that was an easy applicator until I tried this one! So easy - really can't become a big mess. Color #14 is a stunner. Not sparkly in a teenager kind of way but looks wet even when it's dry. Very interesting and black enough to be a basic you can wear every day. Looks like there's not a whole lot in the tube so I will have to buy more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this color and the applicator. It does not MOVE , so staying power is amazing. You dont actually get too much in terms of product ($22) but the benefit of these liners are the range of unique colors and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

Quite possibly the most beautiful eyeliner I own. It looks like a shimmering black in the jar, but goes on as a multi-hued shimmery blackened purple. It is the most unique liquid liner I've ever had, no doubt.

I bought this because the #12 (dark matte brown) has had such miraculous staying power on me. This "diamond multi-color black" scared me on my hand, due to its irridescent shimmer, and I figured it would be relegated to strictly nightime use. I was wrong: it makes my eyes look beautiful, but doesn't scream "shimmer liner" on its own. When I wear it, it looks as if I blended black, purple and silver liners all together, with possibly some other colors tossed in. It's incredible to get such an effect from one liner. It is especially flattering to my green eyes but I think this would flatter anyone.

Like #12, it goes on smoothly, is easy to wield, and lasts forever without flaking. The only caveat is that you need to shake this before using (unlike the brown one) or the color won't be as rich and bold.

Seriously, if you want a great eyeliner that lasts through the summer heat and offers a little dazzle, this is it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No