September 17, 2014 | 1282 users online

Sunscreen - Obagi - Nu-Derm Sun Shield SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Buttersmile

This is the only sunscreen tht i use and love. Its unlike other sunscreen tht grosses you out after applying it. It has a matte finish. Its very light for a sunscreen and plus has zinc that helps you out with any breakout. This is the best so far and i jus cant live without it

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by littlefroggy

Right I'm editing this review.. I gave it 1 lippie but having scoured the earth for a decent mineral sunblock without success, perhaps I've been a little harsh on this one.

It does have a slight white cast but this does seem to disappear. Sun protection is really excellent and it's non irritating (perfect for after peel), but it does break me out a bit (and I never break out).

If you have oily/combination skin and want something really matt this is going to be perfect. I don't like the matt finish personally - I'd prefer something dewy.

My main issue with this is that make up does not seem to go on well over it. Well mineral make up does not! It looks like it's been applied with a trowel. I feel so bad about how I look after putting make up on I wish I never bothered

It's EYE WATERINGLY-EXPENSIVE! I think Obagi's products are all over-priced - particularly the very ordinary ones like cleanser and toner - and am resentful about handing so much money over to this company.

It has lasted less than 2 months!

No I will not be repurchasing..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Pureblue998

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For acne prone, combo skin this works very well in protecting and mattifying..I used it under makeup and looked just perfect..It might be a bit drying in winter but using it on top of vitamin c serum makes it better..So far my skin loves this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by zamaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Obagi matte SPF 50. It is truly a matte sunscreen. I have oily skin and lots of freckles. I have used tons of sunscreen but most of them have been too greasy. I love this sunscreen because it is not greasy and feels like you don't have anything on but at the same time has a high SPF. I can't comment much on the price because I'm not sure what this normally sells for but I bought it on a whim on ebay for $20 which is more than drugstore sunscreens but less than high end ones and is a pretty big bottle. I love it and will continue to purchase even if I had to pay more because it's a big bottle that will probably last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by setoyuilien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin that burns easily, and occasional patches of dry skin. I have a tan skintone with a clear complexion. I wanted a sunscreen that did not leave an oil sheen on my face.

I have many good things to say about this sunscreen. Firstly appearence wise, it does not leave an oil sheen or a white cast on my face. My sensitive skin does not react, nor does my skin dry out from using it. You get a good amount of product for the price you pay (which is high, but not the worst).

No cons. Yay! I will buy this again...unless I get curious about other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Eiffle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this and I am so glad that I bought it. I find this is in a lotion form and not watery like Chanel UV SPF 50, which I love very much. The Chanel bottle would only last me a week or two and not cost effective.
This one is costly also, but less then Chanel. I am very pale, so if there is a white cast, I don't see it unless I apply a teaspoon all over my face and neck, but this white cast does not change my skin colour. Obagi Nu-Derm Sun Shield SPF 50 has Oxinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 10.5% as main ingredients. It is the end of fall season and so far, it is easy application that glides on well, no feeling of grease or a slip and I don't see any shine, but I would not go as far as saying that it is matt. It does feel like a very light lotion. I've applied this on top of my hands and again, it feels like a very light lotion and I don't think this can stain your leather straps of your handbag.
The packaging is in a plastic tube with a nice tiny opening but I find that the sunscreen is runny enough that it can easily leak out, but I haven't seen it happen to me yet.
I truly believe that all medical grade skin care should provide the best ingredients so that you don't doubt it's quality, but this is not always the case. Obagi Nu-Derm Sun Shield SPF 50 appears to provide one of the best quality of sun protection. The true test will be during the hot season, but so far, it does not get runny when sweating and does not go into your eyes. I don't wear foundation, so I can't comment if this can ball up, but I do wear Embryoliesse, then this and I've had no issues. I have applied this alone and I've had no burning issues also.
I have not reapplied this over and over yet, because it isn't needed now, so I will have to come back and let you know if there is bad build-up in the summer. So far, it is easy to remove.
I do have issues with my skin. I can get very bad acne, but somewhat under control. I don't feel any sun protection cannot clog your pores. All I can say is that this has not made my acne problem worse.
I am very happy with this, along with Chanel, but Obagi give you a bit more for a little less. That is a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Peramesiumeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only complaint is price. This is an SPF 50 so it is very effective but still it's so much money for sunscreen. Other than that, it did feel great

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros
It gives matte finish with minimal colour.
Does not oxidize to grey colour.

Cons
-breaks me out =(
-expensive

People who broke out from using super mattifying sunscreens from Shiseido or Anessa beware. Your chances of getting acne with this Obagi sunscreen is high.
I found Elta MD physical spf 41 with tint and I am very happy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by LoverofJesus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this sunscreen!!!!! It wears so light under my make up all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm a lot darker than most of the reviewers here because everyone said this didn't leave a white cast but it definitely did on me. I have a medium skin tone and tan easily. This left a white cast on me that made me look sickly. I was actually a bit taken aback by how white this went on. I was hoping the whiteness would fade throughout the day but it didn't. I tried layering on the bronzer which helped a little but my skin just looked off with this on. I really wasn't crazy about the texture either. It's a really dry, thick cream that's hard to spread. It didn't feel heavy though but I wish it was a thinner formula. I tried using less because it is whitening on me but because it was so dry and thick, it was impossible to use less because it would dry before I could spread it around. I have oily skin so I thought I would love the matte finish but this sucked the life out of my skin and to make it worse, I started breaking out quite a bit after 2 weeks of using this. I'm fine with cones but I was worried about the palm glyceride that was in the ingredient list but thought I would try it anyway. I tried this out because my favorite sunscreen is discontinued but I think I will order it on amazon for now until I found something better because the Obagi definitely wasn't it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No