September 15, 2014 | 868 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Silfor

This product is great if you don't intend on wearing makeup on top. Makeup sits horribly on top of this product. While the ceramic tip is amazing, the fluid it's self is far too glittery so a minimal amount should be applied and thoroughly rubbed in. I would probably buy again purely for the ceramic tip

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by charboswell95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not keen on this product at all, for the money i think its day light robbery. The only good think about it is the tip which stays very cold. The product is very thin with too much shimmer in it for me. I don't like that its a squeezy tube also, when i try to get the lid off i end up squeezing the tube and it goes everywhere. I'm a big fan of estee lauder products and i was very disappointed. £40 down the drain

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Garbage product. Tip too big for my under eye area and does not moisture--although doesn't dry me out either. All this does is function as a highlighter that adds a gleam, rather than shimmer. But there are countless other products for that. Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

definitely a bit gimmicky..... the actual product is ok, lightly tinted with shimmer so i guess it will help conceal darkness a little.. not entirely sure about the cool tip applicator, theres an awful amount of tugging and pulling needed to spread the product around the eyes, whereas ive always been taught to 'dab'. might be beter if i used this in summer as its winter here and my fingertips are often colder than the applicator lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I have never been too hot on eye products, and for the longest time dismissed them as pure farce. This all changed when I found this eye product last year but had never purchased it. Now I'm here for all eye products - I have an eye serum by Dior, an eye cream by Chanel and now this. I love this eye illuminator so much, not only for the formula which is flawless, but also for the packaging. The ceramic tip stays perfectly cold, just like I've taken it out of the fridge. It de-puffs my puffy eyes in the morning, and the light tint provides an uncaked coverage that is pigmented enough to not let it show that I'm wearing anything at all. I tried it for the first time and got lots of complements about how fresh I looked. The formula itself is also very nice and helps me looking fresh. It looks to have a slight shimmer, but on my skin this doesn't show. As a guy I don't wear makeup at all (other than concealer on the odd occasion) but this is the perfect mix. It provides a beautiful amount of coverage and colour without being too obvious, all the while making my eye area look amazing as per.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is nothing more than a shimmery, thin concealer cleverly packaged in a tube with an ice cold ceramic-tip applicator. I will say I was quite impressed with how cold the tip stays. So cold and refreshing - it feels like it came out of the fridge however the product itself falls flat. It did nothing to reduce puffiness and it surely didn't conceal my slight dark circles. It actually didn't work as well as a cheap, drugstore undereye concealer and I paid $62 for this!! I realized I would be better off applying cold spoons under my eyes like our grandmothers all did back in the day and focus on a product which actually works! I returned this for EL Ideal Light Brush-on Illuminator and adore it - see my review. And it's half the price!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by kimmykim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the cool ceramic feeling on the eyes each time I apply this product. This seems to only help with the appearance of dark circles but not with reducing the puffiness. It could also be more of a make up trick rather than an eye treatment to treat the eyes. Since this is illuminating, it removes the appearance of dark circles temporarily? Just a thought. Anyway, will only repurchase if there is a value set as the applicator is nice and cooling to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by frivolousfinish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Miracle in a tube! I have dark circles not only from genetics, but they worsen with stress, lack of sleep, blah blah blah. I was looking for concealer when one of the Estee sales girls urged me to let her apply this stuff to my dark circles which already had a layer of foundation and 2 layers of concealer, but were still very visible. I couldn't believe the difference the application made in just a matter of minutes. It was weird seeing myself with such bright and awake eyes...I liked it! Granted, this does not make them go away forever, as I'm stuck with natural raccoon eyes for life, but it sure helps lighten them up for a few hours, at least. I will definitely buy this again. It's well worth the investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best eye treatments I have used in a long time. I am surprised that some reviewers were not impressed by it. I have dark circles (sigh, hereditary) that just make me look very ghoulish at times. I liked the ceramic applicator and the cool sensation when I massage the creme under my eyes. The slight pigment makes the shadows lighter and does not disturb my makeup. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by johniswow

I don't know why the reviews on this product aren't higher.

I work for Clinique and get to sample out a lot of products in Macys.

I was using Cliniques Even Better Under Eye Corrector for one month and was moderately satisfied with it. My eyes did look slightly brighter but nothing too noticeable.

I tried 'Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator' and immediately loved the natural instant brightening effect it gave me. Coworkers immediately noticed my eyes looked brighter and asked what I used.

My boyfriend even mentioned that the dark shadows under my eyes were completely gone and Cliniques product really worked for me. Little did he know it was actually Estee Lauders Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator that made the huge improvement.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!