October 23, 2014 | 1065 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco Shine 55 - Romance

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sunhoney

of course chanel should have a moisturizing lip balmy lipstick.. it's fresh and youthful and summery and so sexy under glossimer in happy. drug store like haha.. i'm a makeup artist and while it's true ester lauder even owns AVEDA. I would suggest all of you check chanel colors against others as the reviewer before me implied, there simply is no comparison. scent is a very personal thing and i have to say Tom Fords private blend and Black Opus have just left chanel in the dust...
but Chanel makeup? there are few comparisons, and their brushes? stock up when they have xmas sales.
imho xo to you all

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

CRS lipsticks have been compared to the "Drugstore CHANEL"--the Revlon Lip Butters--but the latter never matches up to the former in terms of texture and colours.

Romance is a beautiful neutral strawberry mid-tone pink that has a touch of translucency to it so my natural lip colour still shows through a little. Though the CRS formula is touted as being balm-like and has sheerer pigmentation, Romance has a touch more pigmentation compared to say, Boy. Upon application, the balmy smooth texture has won me over.

The longevity of this product is below average for me--2 hours maximum. I don't mind reapplying my lip product so its longevity does not bother me (well if a lip product lasts for 5 minutes, it would--that's too short a lasting power). This shade leaves a slight stain after its glossiness wears off on me, which is a good thing. I could always touch up with a chapstick. CRS in Romance could be a little drying (just a little bit)--I have slightly dry lips so the moisturising properties of a lip product is always important to me. An application of chapstick (read above) does the trick and I'll be just fine. Not too bad.

This costs SGD$45. Not cheap at all. However, the finish and shade of CRS Romance is incredibly chic, which is why I would repurchase, not because of the CHANEL logo--you don't see it on your lips, haha. Great for everyday and layer it on for moments when you're feeling bold. A beautiful and versatile lip product.

Swoon--my heart is fluttering, I'm in love with this product.

*Edit August 2013: The formula is no longer drying on my lips three months post Accutane. Fabulous product, will definitely repurchase in other colours too. Might just be my personal makeup bag staple product!

*Edit August 2014: Try Revlon Lip Butter in 'Sweet Tart' if you want a drugstore dupe! 'Sweet Tart' is slightly more opaque and has a touch more blue (ever more slightly so). An imperfect dupe, but it is easy on the pocket!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't wear this often (my everyday lipsticks are usually pale pinks and peaches) but it's a beautiful color. It's a strawberry pink that's bright and summery and looks great with anything. I reach for it mostly during warmer weather when I don't feel like wearing much makeup but still want a little pick-me-up. It's pretty effortless, something I love about this line in general. The semi-sheer formulas let me swipe it on without worrying too much about being precise. It feels very lightweight and adds some moisture, and I don't mind reapplying since it feels so much like a lip balm. I love the shiny finish too. Nice slim packaging, so easy to throw in a tiny purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

first impression of this, LOVE. hhhaahaa. it says sheer but it is definitely not as sheer as macs lustre colours. the colour is still the same in my lips and i dont need lipbalm because it is so moisturizing and is very pretty. got it as a present. tbh i wont buy lippies this expensive but if i cud i would. price sometime is something worth the quality :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

WOW! This is one of my favorite lipsticks. It is hydrating, an unique color, and has a beautiful glossy finish. And the smell!!! OMG this smells sooo amazing. A light floral that is not overpowering. Overall, I would buy this again if it ran out. The pigmentation is pretty good, and it feels so good on the lips. The lasting power is not the best, but this is more of a balmy-lipstick so that is understandable. If I had to compare these to the Revlon lip butters, the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines win by a land slide. They are more hydrating, the shine looks more sophisticated rather than cheap and the color payoff is really excellent. If you are looking for a splurge, buy this beautiful lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm having a bit of a romance with the Rouge Coco Shine's at the moment, and Romance is no exception. I've recently been favouring a really effortless but polished look - you know the one, barely-there eyes with a few coats of mascara, an occasional cat eye/winged eyeliner, or a great all over brown-gold shadow, a pop of pink on the cheeks and a bit of highlighter - and this lipstick is the perfect compliment to that. It instantly brightens your face, gives definition and fullness to your lips and makes you look like you invested much more time into your makeup routine than you really have.
The colour is a beautiful true hot pink, but really easy to wear. It doesn't have that purple tinge that fuchsia's can sometimes have, making it a really universal shade. It's incredibly easy to apply - it's glossy and light, and can take you from just a hint of a pink stain to full-on hot pink lip in just a few swipes. And if you do build it up, it'll fade gradually, leaving you with a really lush stain on your lips. And most importantly, it's so comfortable to wear.
All in all, a definite winner and a must-have for spring... or for fans of bold-yet-wearable lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by kayley123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Kinda expensive for a sheer lipstick, but the quality is very nice.
I found it moist and smooth, and not drying; did not have trouble with it slipping too much around my mouth. Not exactly moisturizing, but not drying either--I think those who have SLIGHTLY dry lips would be able to wear this comfortably, but dry/very dry lips should use balm or avoid these.
The color is just a little too bright for me.
The scent seems lighter than in the Rouge Cocos, which for me was a good thing. I still don't like the scent but it is tolerable.
I would buy another color, but not this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

gorgeous color. i went to my chanel counter and tried on the color boy but wasn't impressed. i couldn't even tell that i was wearing it. loved romance. beautiful color and amazing texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

SO smooth and almost gel-like texture, like the review below mentioned. Gorgeous bright pink with definite blue undertones which looks great on my fair/blonde complexion. Gives such nice bright color but applies like a balm- SO smooth and creamy! LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted something brighter than mauve/plum lip colors that I usually wear and I was between Romance and Aventure. I got Romance because it seemed more intense on my hand and I thought that Aventure would be very sheer. Well, on my lips (not pigmented) Romance is an intense pink (when swatched on my hand it seemed rose, but on my lips is blue-based pink without any violet/mauve tones). I also own Cavaliere, which is shimmery, but Romance is just shiny. It gives me full coverage and brightens my face without looking artificial. A great color for spring/summer. Lasting power is this of a regular lipstick and it applies like a dream, like gel (I haven't noticed that with the other shade, Cavaliere, maybe because it has shimmering particles). Overall I would recommend, if it's possible, to try the shades on your lips, because when swatched on hands look quite sheer and similar to each other, but they are not.