September 2, 2014 | 1907 users online

Hair Treatments - One 'n Only - Hydrating Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by LusciousHulu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

READ THIS IF YOU HAVE CURLY, THICK, AND DRY HAIR. This product has been the best thing that has ever happened to my hair. My hair has always been dry, tangly, and basically a bird's nest. I have curly hair and it is very, very thick. So it's too much to maintain. Recently I had gotten low lights and the lady who had done it bleached my hair first and added a toner. The bleach caused my hair to be extremely brittle, rough, and even more dry. So one day I'm at Ulta looking at sea salt sprays, curling sculptors, etc. and the lady who works there asked me if I needed help and I was asking her if I should go with a sea salt spray or a curling sculptor and she took a look at my hair and was like neither. She noted how dry my hair looked and recommended me to this product. Now I really need to go back to that store and thank her a thousand times.
I've used this for three weeks now, once per week after I shampoo and condition. I also happen to shower my hair once a week because that was what has been recommended for me with my type of hair. Yes, please only use this product ONCE a week. Third week in and my hair feels so much softer, silkier, SHINY and not as dry / brittle. My hair has never been like this before when it's dry. I'm just really happy:)
However the first week I used it, I saw some improvement, so that is why it's important to continue use of this product so you can see improvement over time.
HOW THE PRODUCT IS LIKE AND HOW I USE IT:
Smell: the scent is amazing! It smells like the actual Moroccan oil and lasts pretty well on my hair throughout the week.
It's packaging: it's kept inside a circular container, has a lot that can last me for weeks or maybe months. Depends on how you put. I don't waste too much of it.
The price: It may be kind of pricy to some. I had bought this from Ulta with some promotions I had that had lowered the price so hopefully you can find those too.
How I apply it: after I'm out of the shower, I use my finger tips to scoop some and just massage the ends of my hair. I don't apply it near the roots of my hair, but some does end up getting near it by accident. After massaging it, I just clip my hair up and wait 30 minutes, since my hair is really thick. Then I rinse it off with cool water, wrap a towel around my hair, wait for it to dry a little, and braid it :)

This is the first time I've ever made a review over a product, and I've only used it three times. My hair still has some fly aways (where some hairs stick out), can still get tangly, and sometimes a little brittle because of the bleach, and I still need to use some other products to protect my hair from the sun and to style it, but this product has done what it says on it's label and has made a huge difference to my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Just to clarify this is for the One N Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask. This winter has been brutal on my hair, it's been so dry and brittle and looks downright awful, especially after coloring. The usual protein treatment and conditioners I use just weren't working. I was at Sally's and saw this in a packet (one time only use) so I thought I'd give it a try. Wow, my hair is at it's best again, soft, full of shine, not weighed down, frankly I'm amazed. I will definitely purchase the full size to have on hand. It is highly fragrant but based on how well it works I'll get passed it. After reading other reviews I will consider other purchases in this line as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The sales rep at Sally's recommended that I use this after coloring my hair with Wella Color Charm and a 30% volume developer. I left the color on 40 minutes and my hair felt pretty fried after rinsing it off. I shampooed as usual and then massaged a generous amount of the hydrating mask into my hair and on on my scalp. I left it on for about 10 minutes and then rinsed it off. My hair felt and smelled wonderful afterward. It didn't have the usual squeaky, crunchy, over processed, after color feel or look. Rather,my hair is shiny and full of body rather than limp or over conditioned like some deep conditioners tend to leave it. I will certainly be purchasing this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very long, somewhat layered, naturally curly, normal to thick, colored hair. I picked this up on a whim since I like the Argan Oil by this brand. I use it once a week after I use Terax Latte shampoo which strips away excess build-up of products and I use it after I color my hair with One n' Only Argan hair color. This stuff is wonderful. I slather a generous amount on and let it sit on my hair while I finish my shower routine, then rinse off. My hair is always so soft and silky and extra curly and the scent is pleasant (which migraines trigger with me due to scent so I have to be careful). PROS: product does what it states and hydrates my hair, pleasant scent that doesn't trigger migraines, leaves hair soft/silky/shiny, reduces tangles, could be easier to use in the shower because you have to screw off a lid and screw it back on or set the container somewhere where water won't run into it but overall, I like the container because it allows you to get EVERY bit of the product out,. CONS: container can be a pain (see above), price is a bit high but the product does last me a while and I slather on a lot each week (around 4 tablespoonfuls or 1/4 cup if I had to guess), location of purchasing product (I don't live near a Sally's and that is the only place I've found this so I have to either drive over 60 miles out of my way or have it shipped to me).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by GracefaceYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was fantastic. In my opinion it's not as good as Macadamia. But for the price very good! The mask isn't heavy or greasy. It leaves your hair soft and frizz free. I like that it doesn't appear greasy and doesn't weight your hair down! I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by nell01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this deep conditioner not as heavy as other products I have used. That's a good thing. Washes out easily and leaves my hair looking soft and shiny. I use this one twice a week since I use a flat iron to straighten my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

This is the one product in this line that I've tried that I don't care for. I am absolutely over the moon for the shampoo, conditioner, and restorative mask, but I felt the hydrating one did not do anything for me at all. In fact, the regular conditioner felt more moisturizing than this. It almost dried my hair out, strangely. Plus, I HATE the packaging. I find tubs to be very much of a hassle; I always end up getting excess water in them. I will be sticking to the restorative mask because that is one of my favorite hair products EVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by tycho12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great especially after clarifying. I left it in 10 min with a plastic cap. Great moisture with no protein!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by bbleu7856

This is a great conditioning mask. My hair felt so nice after using it! It's rather heavy though, and I'm not sure it would be good to use it more than once a week. I did notice slight build up when I tried to use it more often. Another good thing...the fragrance of it is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a sample size of this at Sally's just to give it a try. I have to say I'm pleased. It left my medium fine hair soft but full and very shiny. Also, I only needed to leave it on for 10 minutes unlike the 20 or 30 minutes a lot of other products require. I would definately use this again.