July 29, 2014 | 2039 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Maqui blanc miracle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Sweettraumen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

There aren't many foundations that have yellow-enough foundations for me. Lancome is one brand (shu uemura works too but it doesn't have much staying power on my combo skin. although the finish always looks beautiful, first applied). I've been using their mat miracle foundation for about a year and the coverage with really good however being a fashion design student, i hardly get enough time-or sleep- to apply makeup in the mornings. This powder when applied with my sephora mineral brush evens out my skin tone really quick. For added coverage i use the sponge given and i have a natural look. Personally i like when skin still looks like skin, a few imperfections here and there. it's all natural to me. And this powder does the job for a quick, less zombified look. However as with powders, I would have to properly moisturize before hand. I will test this out in the winter months and give a review. It holds up well in humid singapore weather. When i blot, the powder foundation still stays on my face and my makeup still looks pretty good. Not always the case with liquid foundation for me.

the only con was that this was so expensive, with 27 sgd for JUST the case. The foundation itself cost 65 sgd. However i will be purchasing the refills in the duty free shop in the future. Really recommending this to everyone with oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by kismis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this because the lady at the counter had put it on me so beautifully (under the counter lighting!) and the shade she chose for me (PO-02) does bring a fair and bright glowiness to my complexion.

However, this powder applies so badly on my combi-oily skin. It always looks patchy and streaky/unblended at certain areas of my face - above my right eyebrow, upper lip and chin. It is a really messy, badly-applied look. Not quite what foundation is supposed to be going for. And no matter how much I moisturise before or how I use different sides of the included sponge or use a whole different sponge, it seems to do this on me.

Argh, a really messy and unblended look upclose (like a couple inches from my face) although from far, the powder looks perfect in terms of the shade and brightness it gives to my complexion.

Coverage-wise, it's medium for me, not sheer at all perhaps because I can see the small bits/streaks of powder on those areas of my skin. Its a nice better-than-everyday coverage though. It does also make my skin feel very smooth and velvety.

For the price, will have to endure this to use this up and try to make it look less unblended and patchy, probably for days at work when I have to be stuck behind my computer anyway and nobody looks at me at super close proximity. Such a pity. I love the shade and brightening effect, as well as the pretty slim white compact with the convenient and classy magnetic closure.

For shade reference, I wear GA LSF 5.5, RMK 103 although this PO-02 shade seems to fit me best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

To me, a compact powder foundation provides rather quick and simple application with a more natural finish as to a liquid foundation which provides more work with blending. I settled with Lancome's Maqui Blanc Miracle powder foundation amidst other choices from Chanel and Dior based on its claims--sweat-resistant, sebum-resistant and 12H lasting properties. Plus, it has an SPF 35, so that's a plus since I'm living in the tropics. It costs SGD$65 for the refill and $27 for the case. The case is white with a simple rose design--chic and elegant.

Does this product live up to its claims? After using this for almost half a year, I can safely say that it does live up to its claims. I perspire a lot in this weather and that really results in overactive sebaceous activity. I usually pat my face with tissues from Starbucks and there are no traces of powder or foundation (ironically this actually happens with Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation sometimes!!). The makeup looks alright after blotting my face and I can actually touch up with this powder using a light hand and I would be good to go. Sadly, its oil-controlling properties are not to be praised for since I do get oily, but my complexion would have more of a glowy sheen than a greaseball-like appearance. FYI, my skin gets rather dry once I enter an air-conditioned area like the bus, shopping centre or a really cold lecture room, and this foundation does not really emphasise my dry flakes.

I am using shade O-01, which is a teeny weeny light for my NC15-20 skin but it is more of an undertone difference than a shade difference. This shade runs a little too beigy and it is a spot-on fit for my face, but compared to my neck area which has stronger yellow undertones, I might need to get O-02 the next time. If there isn't such a shade, I will still get O-01 as the difference can be ignored. I'm just being picky. I just wished that this shade was a touch yellower so that it could help cover my redness around my nose. Also, this foundation does not oxidise throughout the day. It is really quite longlasting--I have had it on for eight hours so far and it looked fine after blotting and minimal touch-up. Do note that I don't have a habit of touching my face throughout the day when I'm out. It gets a little patchy sometimes, but that happens when I pile on too much product on my face. A facial mist would help, and a light hand at application would help too.

I use the velvety side of the sponge to pat the foundation on. That's my way of applying it for a light and semi-matte finish. It works rather well with Laura Mercier's Undercover Pot concealer in UC-1 (though I might check out UC-2 the next time, but it might be too orangey).

Coverage is sheer to medium, leaning more towards the sheer end of the spectrum. Be ready to use concealer for angry red spots and moderate scarring, but it can cover very light scarring. Also use concealer for undereye circles as this would not cover moderately dark circles. If you already have a good complexion to begin with, you most probably could get away without concealer.

Apparently, this powder has been reformulated and improved on. Also, individual sponges could be purchased at Lancome counters for SGD$3 per piece. I will be getting another refill with the improved technology and also a new sponge once I'm done with my current refill, which already has a rather pronouned dent. I think this has become a staple in my personal makeup kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by bloomingiris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought the puff that came with the product was a nice gimmick. The sales staff said to use the sponge side to apply the powder, then the velvet side to blend. However, that didn't really do anything to make the powder appear better on my skin. So I used it in another way--on areas where I only needed a light layer of powder, I used the velvet side. On areas that needed more coverage (over freckles), I used the sponge side.

Overall though, this powder wasn't impressive. While the texture was nice and smooth, it didn't help with oil-control at all. I had to blot again after 2-3 hours. Also, the powder didn't stay on all day and my skin ended up looking patchy after half a day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by christineneogoh

I got this as a birthday gift and am using O-03. Initially when I applied the powder on my hand, it felt smooth, buttery and luxurious almost like Dior's powders which are known for being silky smooth.

However, I am sad to say that its a whole different story when applied to my face. On the first day, I tried using their sponge which is a very weird sponge. Its 2 sided and you are supposed to the apply using the regular side for application and the velvet side for buffing. I did as instructed, guess what, the powder became instantly patchy on my face. Some parts had powder while others don't. I looked horrendous that I had to remove all of it and start all over again with my ZA 2 way cake.

I thought maybe my moisturizers had not been absorbed well enough, so the next day, I waited a good half an hour before I apply this on. Its still the same! A patchy mess..

I finally decided that the sponge may be the problem so I used my ZA 2 way cake sponge on this and it looked much better. Patchiness is still a problem but not as prominent as before.

The redeeming factor for this product is its ability to stay un-oxidized throughout the day, I live in Singapore where the weather is hot, humid and just disgusting. But the color of this powder stays true throughout my 9 hours outside.

Oil control isn't impressive, and when I start to oil the powder slides off like glaciers parts of it here parts of it there.. not a pretty sight.

I wasn't able to touch up with this either. So if you have flawless and problem free skin, you can definitely give this product a shot as it gives you a beautiful looking complexion with glow. I know this because I have a co worker who has beautiful skin and she look even better with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ofpearlsandroses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Lancome product over 8 years now and their compact powder/foundation is a must-have for me! For years I've been using Blanc Expert (used to be in blue casing) until they changed to white casing. I've got combination skin type and have very oily t-zone by lunch time. So far,Blanc Expert worked so well cos it minimized the oil on my face. Last year,I changed to Maquicake cos my skin condition improved and I needed lesser makeup. However,when I went to get another refill for my Maquicake,the counter lady informed me that both Maquicake and Blanc Expert had been discontinued and they have come up with a combination of these two products which is the Maqui Blanc Miracle! Honestly,for this price I expected more of this product (got it at SG$65). However,this foundation is light and covered well. I still have blemishes. Unless I wear a concealer (from MAC), the blemishes are still showing. The lady advised me O-03 for my skin tone. It says it has a staying power up to 12H. True enough,it does stay. I hold an office job,so it helps staying indoors. Although my t-zone tends to get oily,touching up with Maqui Blanc Miracle (patting motion and after tissue off oil) does not become cakey at all. Would buy this again cos whitening foundation powder will always be my favorite from Lancome!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using Lancome Photogenic foundation for last couple of years and I simply love it!! I usually use MAC mineralize skinfinish natural (light medium) as a setting powder but the shade light medium is discontinued where I live (though i loved the finish). Recently I visited the Lancome counter and the makeup artist suggested I try Maqui Blanc Miracle as a setting powder...it's the latest addition to their line of products.

The packaging says as follows:
-Lively Brightness
-12 Hour Lasting Power
-Oil-free and non-comedogenic
-SP5 35

Fortunately, it does what it says! It is suitable for all skin types especially sensitive skin! It has decent lasting power...I needed one touch up in 8 hours! And also the packaging is brilliant! It's a beautiful white case with a mirror. The sponge is very smartly designed...the rougher side is for application and the softer side is for blending.

Downside- Price! It's quite expensive for 9 grams! once you buy the case, you just need to purchase the refill after that.

There are a total of 8 shades I think. the one suggested to me was BO-01. Doesn't accentuate the pores or blemishes! Also, if you wet the sponge you can use it as a foundation base...I usually prefer dry.

UPDATE: It's a good pressed powder but it does feel heavy on the skin! I tried it with a sponge, puff and also a brush but it still feels heavy...no breakouts! But I feel like my skin can't breathe when I wear this. And also I noticed it dries out my skin...I wore this for about 10 hours and my skin felt really tight and dry after washing my face...This powder is meant to be used for a couple of hours only or when you are going to be photographed! So I'll switch back to Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in medium.