NARS Pro-Prime Multi-Protect Primer SPF 30 PA+++

3.7

on 7/3/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My oily skinned friend is in love with this product, but I hate it. It makes my dry skin even drier after use. I had to just swap with my friend, there was no working with this product.

on 7/3/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was given a few samples of this primer. It went on nicely at first but the smell was an overwhelmingly of rotten citrus. Then the nice texture turned sticky and stayed sticky until i removed it. It didn't do anything to make my fdtn or tm stay longer (bobbi brown skin 4.25/nars tm in alaska) and i had breakouts from it. Gave the samples away - hopefully they work on someone else. Wont be purchasing but am willing to try the other nars primers. For reference my skin is more on the combo side, sometims its oily/dehydrated depending on the weather.

on 7/10/2013 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

So happy I found this in time for British 'summer'! It's so hard to find products here marketed as sunscreen which can also be worn under makeup & not cause a sticky, oily mess, since 9 months out of the year we just don't have the weather for it. However after getting sunburn on my very pale face several times after the last few years, I realised I had to hunt one down, however much it cost.

While visiting Space.NK with my mum (somewhere I never normally go for makeup as it's too expensive for me), I hunted down a couple of high SPF products with help from the sales assistant. First I tried a Laura Mercier one, though this turned out to be a bit too thick and sticky to use on my occasionally oily skin. The NARS product applied much lighter and dried completely smooth and non-sticky. It definitely doesn't give the flawless smooth finish of a specialist smoothing primer, but leaves a good base to apply foundation or BB cream on top. I've recently noticed it has a slight citrus-y smell which I didn't notice before, but thought it could be due to me leaving it in a warm room - this isn't a product which is super-scented at all. The packaging isn't rubberised like their compacts, just a small matte black squeezy tube which still looks high-end on the dressing table. Costing £25, I would have hesitated to spend that much on one & would normally save up for it, though as my mum was visiting she insisted on buying it for me - so sweet.

I've worn this primer for several weeks and I couldn't be happier with the results. It doubles as a primer as well as a sunscreen so I don't have to incorporate yet another product into my routine (got to love multi-use items) and I've been outside in the sun for hours most days without a trace of sunburn. Although many foundations & creams already contain SPF, it's really important to use a sunscreen product as well for safety, especially if you're pale like me - I've found that out the hard way more than enough. I'm so relieved to have found this before our current summer heatwave so my makeup still looks smooth & flawless in the summer heat whilst protecting my skin - I'll be sure to repurchase once it's used up!

on 2/26/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love the SPF and how it didn't pill while applying bb cream over it. Seriously, for a glorious day, I thought that fortune had finally smiled upon me. But I broke out as early as the next morning AND saw that it had exacerbated some of the drier areas of my face. This is going back. Proceed with caution, if you have combination/dry skin.

on 1/18/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use this everyday whether or not I wear makeup

on 1/8/2013 4:27:00 AM

I honestly don't understand the hype surrounding this product. Don't get me wrong, I love NARS. I loved the light texture and citrusy scent of this primer, but it honestly did nothing. I've been using it for a week now and I've just given up. Definitely returning. I wanted a primer that would make my make up last all day. I applied this in the morning (8am) with no moisturiser underneath so as not to double-up, and when I looked at my face on my lunch break (1pm) my face was a complete grease ball and the foundation on my nose had all but disappeared. This cost me nearly $60 here in Australia, and it's only 30mL! I am so disappointed because as I said, I love NARS and swear by a lot of their products. I'm going to try the Hourglass Veil primer next, wish me luck... *SIGH*

on 12/29/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this primer. It's holy grail for my normal but sensitive skin. It has a light moisturizer consistency with the a citrus almost orange like fragrance. This primer keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. I can wear it under any foundation from liquid to Creme to powder without ever having to touch up. I use this everyday even when I'm not wearing makeup because of the SPF in it.

on 12/1/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this based on recommendations from Capitol Hill Style. I really wanted it to work, since I was trying to find a long wearing solution for a slightly more humid environment.

This primer *was* longer wearing than my usual Laura Mercier stuff. Unfortunately, it didn't react well with my skin at all. I started breaking out within 2-3 days. Because I simultaneously changed my foundation, it took a few weeks of experimentation to (sadly) clear up my skin and confirm this was the breakout culprit (I had similar issues w/ Smashbox, but their primer didn't actually work for me). Thankfully I bought at Sephora, and was able to return it.

I do think it works well. If you have sensitive or breakout-prone skin, I highly suggest buying somewhere with a flexible return policy, in case it causes irritation.

on 11/29/2012 2:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic product!! It's the first spf product I've found that - smells beautiful, leaves my skin soft and matte throughout the day and keeps my makeup flawless! I used to touch-up throughout the day (at least once) and now I don't need to. Fabulous! Love that it's spf 30 too.

on 11/13/2012 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros: High spf, non-greasy, foundation stays on longer.
Cons: It does not conform to your skin's natural color and even the skin tone BEAUTIFULLY unlike their now discontinued version from about a year ago and alleviate the need for foundation/tinted moisturizer altogether on good skin days. This makes me sad. Nars, why one earth would you discontinue a winner product. And I did not appreciate your surly, blotchy- skinned SA looking at me like I had 3 heads when I inquired about the discontinued primer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors