October 24, 2014 | 1043 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essie - No Chips Ahead

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Tere86

Worst top coat ever. Does not leave nails glossy and takes forever to dry. I used the top coat 3.5 hrs before going to bed and had smudge marks all over my nails the next morning. Please don't waste your money on this. Sally Hansen's megashine is now all I use, so much better. I usually love essie products but this is disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by radicalrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This isn't the worst top coat I've ever used, but it is definitely up there. It never seems to fully dry, and even if I do my nails hours before I go to bed, I still end up with messed up nails. The only reason I am still using this is because I don't have the money for another top coat and I need the shine it gives. This also does not protect against chips, in my opinion. My whole manicure begins chipping off the next day. Definitely save your money and skip over this one. I picked it up at TJ Maxx for $5 and I'm mad I paid that much for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by beachtrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The worst top coat I have ever used. I almost never buy a beauty product unless I've read the reviews and since I bought this on a whim I didn't have time to read any reviews but I wish I had!

First off it left small bubbles immediately after applying but I was willing to let that go because you can only see it up real close. Second, I love my top coat super glossy and expensive looking. Unfortunately the shine from this top coat isn't as shiny as I'm used to. And lastly, after applying, I woke up the next day with sheet marks everywhere! I put the top coat on about 3-4 hours after putting my nail polish on. This was about 5 hours before I went to sleep. I have never had a top coat that didn't fully dry by that point! I bought this at Ulta and I'm not sure they do returns on used products so I'm probably going to have to just throw this out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ninable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gah! Why didn't I read the reviews on here first instead of trusting some beauty website that listed this as good. It's TERRIBLE. I've used it only twice and am considering throwing it out because it's that useless. Doesn't dry completely like everybody else has said. Complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Barbirivera

AWFUL. I hope you read this Essie people, this product is garbage, It doesn't dry and it chipped the first day. No chips ahead? YEAH, OK.
Please, please don't make the mistake of buying this! It's just awful. I'm so sad I spent my money...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Gr4phicTwi5t

Gak!! I wondered what on earth was going on with my manicure. Then I read these reviews. I'm having the same problem as almost everyone else - this stuff doesn't dry to a hard solid state - it stays rubbery and vulnerable to dings and nicks. Yuck. Will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by cutenaildezigns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with most other people... I love me some essie but this is just awful! It takes so long to dry completely, definitely not for use an hour or two before you go to bed, otherwise be prepared for sheet marks and smudges. Really disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This top coat is HORRIBLE!! It just does not dry whatsoever. I painted my nails with 2-3 light coats of Mademoiselle and then put this on top. I did this with ample time (at least an hour) before bed time. When I woke up the following morning, my polish was ruined! Dented and streaky! I will be returning this and getting my usual Essie Good to Go instead. I gave this an extra lippie because it does leave a beautiful shine, but it just takes entirely too long to dry and seal in the nail color.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by eee555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like some other reviewers, I found that this just didn't dry. I used it on top of Essie nailpolish one afternoon. A whole day later, it would still dent/move around if something was pushed into it (and obviously my nails were ruined at this point). Pretty useless. I really like other Essie products, but not this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by coris7

This is by far one of the worst tops coats I have ever used. It would ALWAYS bubbles. However, I will say I learned the way to get the best results from this top coat - i figured I paid $9 for it - I am going to find a way to use it.. is to literally wait until the following day to apply this top coat or i guess until your nail color has dried all the way. I have used other top coat brands and i never had to wait until the nail color dried all the way, usually i could wait a few min and once they semi-dried i could apply the top coat and if the top coat is instant drying it would seal the color and look amazing... sadly this essie top coat you need all the patience in the world before applying otherwise it ruins your manicure... and lets be honest who wants to wait hours before applying a top coat.