August 23, 2014 | 1815 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essie - No Chips Ahead

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Gr4phicTwi5t

Gak!! I wondered what on earth was going on with my manicure. Then I read these reviews. I'm having the same problem as almost everyone else - this stuff doesn't dry to a hard solid state - it stays rubbery and vulnerable to dings and nicks. Yuck. Will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by cutenaildezigns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with most other people... I love me some essie but this is just awful! It takes so long to dry completely, definitely not for use an hour or two before you go to bed, otherwise be prepared for sheet marks and smudges. Really disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This top coat is HORRIBLE!! It just does not dry whatsoever. I painted my nails with 2-3 light coats of Mademoiselle and then put this on top. I did this with ample time (at least an hour) before bed time. When I woke up the following morning, my polish was ruined! Dented and streaky! I will be returning this and getting my usual Essie Good to Go instead. I gave this an extra lippie because it does leave a beautiful shine, but it just takes entirely too long to dry and seal in the nail color.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by eee555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like some other reviewers, I found that this just didn't dry. I used it on top of Essie nailpolish one afternoon. A whole day later, it would still dent/move around if something was pushed into it (and obviously my nails were ruined at this point). Pretty useless. I really like other Essie products, but not this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by coris7

This is by far one of the worst tops coats I have ever used. It would ALWAYS bubbles. However, I will say I learned the way to get the best results from this top coat - i figured I paid $9 for it - I am going to find a way to use it.. is to literally wait until the following day to apply this top coat or i guess until your nail color has dried all the way. I have used other top coat brands and i never had to wait until the nail color dried all the way, usually i could wait a few min and once they semi-dried i could apply the top coat and if the top coat is instant drying it would seal the color and look amazing... sadly this essie top coat you need all the patience in the world before applying otherwise it ruins your manicure... and lets be honest who wants to wait hours before applying a top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Laurie2989

This was a gift and it works very well! If I had read the reviews I wouldnt have purchased it myself. Why dont peopke like this? I am glad I received it though. I've had my polish on for 5 days now and its still not chipped! I usually do my nails every 2-3 days.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Gerdule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not sure why this product has such bad reviews. I was very happy with it. Definitely prolongs the life of your manicure and also gives some shine (but not too much though) so perfect for daily use. and it dries quickly! Didn't take more than 10 mins for coat to dry. Overall I was happy with this this product and used up the whole bottle. Though it is quite expensive considering the size of the bottle. Also the brush can't really reach the very bottom of the bottle which means that eventually you gonna throw some of the product away simply because you can't get it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the WORST. It never dries EVER. I painted my nails and put the top coat on around 7 pm. All day I was just on the computer and my nails did not smudge or get ruined. Around 12 am I went to bed and when I woke up my nails were ruined! Anyways,I left them like that the entire day because I was really busy and didn't have time to even remove the polish. Around 12 pm I put gloves on and when I took them off my nails got even more ruined because they weren't even dry! Over 12 hours and it didn't even dry! I'm usually a fan of Essie, but this is just horrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why this product has bad reviews. I didn't even know some people thought it was bad until I decided to go on MUA and check :P Well, to me it is amazing. It leaves a nice glossy finish to your nails and in my case, it does make my nail polish last longer! Yay! I would definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lucyja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is terrible! Seriously don't waste your money! It takes FOREVER to dry and gets SO goopy. My nails chip with it on just like they would normally. If you're looking for a good top coat try Sally Hansen.