Essie No Chips Ahead

2.5

on 2/10/2015 2:13:00 PM

Essie, what are you thinking? Did you even test this product? This is far and away the worst top coat I've ever tried. Despite letting it dry for an hour, the polish ended up being dented and even dulled in some areas (looked like your matte about you which does actually dry). Whether or not it chips in a few days is irrelevant; it looks bad right now! I'm not sure how this ever got on the market, but it should be discontinued. It's an embarrassment to the Essie brand.

Seche, please forgive me for straying.

on 1/10/2015 12:37:00 AM

Do NOT buy this product. If you did buy it and are having problems with your nail polish not drying, its not you, its this product. Take it back and demand a refund.

I've tried writing to Essie today to say how much this product is a total fail and rip off, however their feedback form on their website does not work.

This product does not dry. it does not set, and it will not let your nail polish dry or set and therefore it will ruin any manicure you do.

You put it on to half dried polish, and the polish will not dry. You put it over properly dried polish and it will soften that nail polish, make it wet, and your manicure is now ruined because you touch or bump anything and the nail polish behaves exactly like a wet nail polish, it smudges, moves and bubbles.

If you have this polish, contact Essie and complain about this product. Mail it back to them. You've paid your money, if you put it in the trash they don't get any feedback and they still get to laugh all the way to the bank, but if you post it back to them then they have to take some accountability for such an awful product.

I like the brand overall, but this product - I want my money back on this one.

on 1/3/2015 1:11:00 PM

Sheet marks after 2 hours of drying time, really?

I bought this without checking reviews because a coworker said she loves it. I, unfortunately, do not. The bottle is fine, the consistency and brush are fine, it just never dried. It's tacky and sticky for ages (even with drying drops - but I don't know if those serve any purpose), and hours later they are easily dented or marked. Once it is dry, I haven't found it to be a particularly remarkable topcoat. I start to get some chips within a couple days, like every other topcoat I've ever used.

I'm annoyed that I paid like $10 for this.

on 12/11/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just got this in a beauty box yesterday and since I had been meaning to do my nails, I did them last night... DISASTER. Firstly, I want to say that I waited at least two hours to let my nails dry before going to bed as I always do. I woke up with not only sheet marks but major bubbling EVERYWHERE. Now I'm debating whether to touch up my nails or just repaint them completely... I have the urge to chuck this product in the bin. I usually love Essie, specially their coloured nail polish, but this is bad. Will stick with Seche Vite. I regret using this.

on 11/19/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wish I read the reviews before I bought this! I needed a new too coat since I was nearly out of my beloved Seche Vite, but wanted to try something different since Seche hasn't got the nicest ingredients in it...anyway I purchased this essie too coat on sale, and figured it would be okay since I am generally quite a fan of essie products. I used it the night I bought it over Orly bonder and two coats of essie color, followed by the essie drops (which are terrible, done a separate review on them) and it still took forever to dry. The next day I had chipping on two nails even though I hadn't done anything more than shower and make the bed! So I removed that polish, repeated the same steps with another essie color, skipped the drops (since they suck) and this was about 7.30pm. By 11pm my nails still weren't dry, by I thought they were dry enough to go to bed anyway. Now today they're a hot mess, all smudgy, dull and full of marks. Also they're still soft and I'm literally able to make new marks in it since it hasn't set hard and it's now 11.30am the next day! I can't wait to get home and remove it, and go back to my Seche Vite. For a top coat that is a higher end drug store and claims to be chip free it is the absolute worst. Don't buy it, literally buy anything else!

on 10/7/2014 8:56:00 PM

Worst top coat ever. Does not leave nails glossy and takes forever to dry. I used the top coat 3.5 hrs before going to bed and had smudge marks all over my nails the next morning. Please don't waste your money on this. Sally Hansen's megashine is now all I use, so much better. I usually love essie products but this is disappointing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This isn't the worst top coat I've ever used, but it is definitely up there. It never seems to fully dry, and even if I do my nails hours before I go to bed, I still end up with messed up nails. The only reason I am still using this is because I don't have the money for another top coat and I need the shine it gives. This also does not protect against chips, in my opinion. My whole manicure begins chipping off the next day. Definitely save your money and skip over this one. I picked it up at TJ Maxx for $5 and I'm mad I paid that much for it.

on 10/4/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The worst top coat I have ever used. I almost never buy a beauty product unless I've read the reviews and since I bought this on a whim I didn't have time to read any reviews but I wish I had!

First off it left small bubbles immediately after applying but I was willing to let that go because you can only see it up real close. Second, I love my top coat super glossy and expensive looking. Unfortunately the shine from this top coat isn't as shiny as I'm used to. And lastly, after applying, I woke up the next day with sheet marks everywhere! I put the top coat on about 3-4 hours after putting my nail polish on. This was about 5 hours before I went to sleep. I have never had a top coat that didn't fully dry by that point! I bought this at Ulta and I'm not sure they do returns on used products so I'm probably going to have to just throw this out.

on 9/15/2014 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Gah! Why didn't I read the reviews on here first instead of trusting some beauty website that listed this as good. It's TERRIBLE. I've used it only twice and am considering throwing it out because it's that useless. Doesn't dry completely like everybody else has said. Complete waste of money.

on 9/2/2014 1:47:00 AM

AWFUL. I hope you read this Essie people, this product is garbage, It doesn't dry and it chipped the first day. No chips ahead? YEAH, OK.
Please, please don't make the mistake of buying this! It's just awful. I'm so sad I spent my money...

Top Rated Essie Products