Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand & Nail Cream

3.7

aqua/water, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, dimethicone, glycerin, pentylene glycol, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, behenyl alcohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, arachidyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, cera alba/beeswax, mel/honey, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, rosa moschata seed oil, parfum/fragrance, tocopherol, coco-glucoside, caprylic/capric triglyceride, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil unsaponifiables, tocopheryl acetate, arachidyl glucoside, carbomer, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexylglycerin, carpylyl glycol, allantoin, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, 1,2-hexanediol, sodium xydroxide, argania spinosa kernel oil, calendula officinalis flower extract, hordeum vulgare cera/spent grain wax, tropolone [N2001/A]

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this because years ago I tried a sample of the body lotion from this line and loved it. The hand cream though, I would say is average. If I could I'd give it 2.5- smack dab in the middle. It is just not that rich and nourishing. I do not think it would do much for really dry hands. It's definitely a relief to put this on when my hands are feeling dry, but it doesn't give that instantly smooth feeling that other lotions do. And it doesn't blow me away with that "wow my hands are so soft" feeling if I wear it to bed. The formula is a bit watery so you don't need a lot and it absorbs pretty quick. But sometimes it leaves me with a slightly clammy feeling on my palms for the first little while after putting it on.

I really like the honey smell, it's lovely and inoffensive. You could put it on in a public place without upsetting people who are sensitive to fragrance. For that reason it's a pretty good lotion to carry in your purse.

I'm just not that impressed, especially for the price. I would't rebuy. If you want to try it I'd recommend sampling in the store first if possible, to see if it's your thing.

Working in a hospital washing my hands at least 40 times a day, leaves them dry and my cuticles get cracked to shreds. So after work I use this hand cream to treat myself. It absorbs vey well, leaves no sticky residue, hydrates well and has a mild honey rose smell.
The only thing I would like it to be is a tad bit 'richer/heavier'.

on 4/11/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I tried a sample of this cream and didn't expect much. It goes on very easily and feels quite solid, not runny like others found it here on the reviews. I used quite a bit at once, and thought it would last at least half an hour to absorb. I was wrong... It sank in so quickly and left my hands and wrists so smooth and nourished! I can't believe how good this cream is! There's no greasy residu and it leaves a descrete powdery scent. I will definitely buy a tube and keep it in my purse. Love it!!!

on 3/29/2015 9:28:00 AM

Nice hand cream, but not my favourite. I would think twice if to repurchase it, as it is quite expensive also. Yes, it moisturizes the hands, but I would not say that my dry skin would be well improved. Also the scent is a bit too overwhelming and too synthetic.
I would recommend this hand cream for use during the daytime as this cream is quite thin and absorbs fast into the skin. In comparison with other cheaper formulas, which makes my skin even drier, when I wash my hands, this cream does not give that dry feel.
Overall, this cream does not work well as an overnight treatment to the skin, but is a nice (though expensive) daytime skin rescue.

on 7/30/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

If I could give this 10 lippies I would. I've struggled to find a hand cream that soothes my eczema on my hands and moisturizes my dry skin. I've had moderate-severe eczema on my hands since my teens. Years of prescription cortisone cream have eroded my skin and thinned it down so much that my hands produce literally no oil/moisture on their own anymore. I can't explain how painful and uncomfortable this is at times (although those with eczema will sympathize).
Anyways, long story short, most creams irritate my hands, particularly those with fragrance. So I'm surprised that this not only doesn't irritate but it actually HEALS my skin. I've searched for probably 20 years to find a cream that would heal and soothe my hands, and this is it. I don't even care that it's the most expensive hand cream I've ever purchased. I keep one in my purse and another at home at all times.
I'm not sure what the ingredient is that heals my eczema but it works and I'm thankful to have found it.

on 1/11/2014 3:27:00 AM

I'm obsessed with the Reve De Miel line, and this hand cream is as good as I had hoped. It's super moisturizing (my cuticles are very grateful), smells divine, a little goes a long way (seriously, a pea sized amount is enough for both hands). It takes a while to absorb because it's quite liquidy, not greasy at all. I use it each night before going to bed so I don't mind it, but I'd definitely use it during the day if only I'd remember to carry it in my purse. I've used Neutrogena, Burts Bees, Kiehls and Neals Yard hand creams and this one beats them all, I find.
I also tend to get weird colourless itchy bumps on the back of my hand and nuckles especially and have no idea why (I think slight alcohol intollerance) and this cream helps them heal when they appear randomly.
Great price for a Nuxe product.

on 1/6/2014 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Decent product, not great. For normal hands it would do a decent job, but not good enough for very dry hands. My all time favourite hand cream is from Kiehl's, but I can't get that easily where I live, so I keep experimenting. Love the smell of this, but it is very strong, so beware :)

This is a really good hand cream - I received it in a kit for Christmas with other Nuxe products. The smell is great, but what I find best is the texture because it is so light and absorbent yet at the same time immediately leaves my hands feeling moisturized and relieved after applying. I wouldn't repurchase this hand cream because of the price but I am really glad that I got to try it.

on 9/14/2013 6:13:00 AM

I love hand creams, I tend to go back to Clarins to be honest but usually try and alternate. So this has been a lovely product that has not disappointed , its soaks in well has a nice fragrance and leaves my hands and elbows feeling smooth and hydrated. I only use it at night ,for me I don't think it quite has the treatment effect of the Clarins product and you certainly don't get as much, 75 ml as opposed to 100 ml . I would probably buy it again though , someday .

on 6/23/2013 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is indeed the best hand cream ever, moisturises but does not leave any grease behind, it's natural, smells wonderful and leaves your hands soft and smooth like velvet.
The feet cream from the same line is terrific too, it regenerates the skin like no other cream.