NARS Illuminator in Laguna

3.5

on 7/20/2015 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love love LOVE LOVE LOOOVVEEE this illuminator! I went to the NARS counter at my local Nordstrom and got two sample pots of this product. I have dark skin, and I used this to top off my highlighted areas. I love a dewy, sparkly look on my face and this definitely delivered! It's not too glittery; it's more of a subtle glow. This products helps me feel more beautiful! I have even used it on a clean face just to give my face a natural, highlighted glow. I love this! The price is meh :/ but I would save up to buy it when my samples run out.

on 8/28/2013 1:50:00 PM

I love this product to add a beautiful bronze glow, especially in the summer. I have fair skin so it is a bit dark for me in the winter (then I switch to the NARS Illuminator in Orgasm) but it's perfect for when I have a bit of natural color. I really like the formula, it is easy to blend and using a very small amount goes a long way.

on 7/7/2013 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not a huge fan of this.. the glitter in this product is too visible. I bought this product thinking it would give me a healthy natural bronze glow, but it does not achieve this. I think that it could however look better with a full-on heavy makeup look, but for a natural everyday look, the glitter in this product is overwhelming.

on 3/24/2013 5:53:00 PM

I have the Orgasm Illuminator, which is great for a blush-type glow. Got this one because I'm a bronzer/highlighter junkie and OMG, it's wonderful. NC35-ish, dry skin. A few little drops and it adds a dewy, warm glow, no blush needed to look alive and healthy. Sometimes I'll put a little cream blush over it but rarely.

Highly recommended when you're in a hurry. Going on vaca and taking only this one!

on 12/3/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Was talked into purchasing this in Space NK when I went to buy the Nars TM. Was a bit expensive I though but it turns out I really like it. It looks terribly dark in the bottle but goes on very sheer. It really warms the complexion and had a nice sparkle. I used it a great deal on holiday when I had a tan but still use occasionally in winter on night to liven up my pale face! I do think its a little over priced but you use so little each time, it will last a long time.

this stuff looks gorgeous on me!!! i'm very very fair, so i do have to blend it well, and a little goes a long way, but it's the prettiest tan glow. i don't think other people would notice it much, but it gives me a healthy, fresh look, especially with the orgasm multiple on top. got it in that gift set, and would definitely buy again-it's beautiful.

on 11/2/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW. Mixed this with Laura Mercier TM and WOW. Wow. Gives a glow like no other. It makes me feel like I belong in Malibu or some other climate year round. I was worried that it was too orange at first. However, once I added the rest of my makeup and blended neck/chest area, it was perfect. Highly recommended if you are looking for a warm glow. I have only mixed with foundation so far, which is how I plan to use the product.

on 10/12/2011 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am honestly very surprised at the low rating of this product.This is amazing wow , i mean WOW when it this blended with a kabuki brush (i used the nars kabuki, for refrence) mixed a bit with my foundation i just had this instant sexy bronze glow just fab!Will purchase again for sure .

on 8/28/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I originally bought this thinking it would be a good highlight for my skin tone. But when I applied a little to the planes of my cheeks it was to much of a sparkle. So I looked up some other ways that it could be used and tried using it all over my face under my Bobbi Brown liquid foundation. Instead of the glow the product was supposed to give I ended up looking like I had dusted my face with glitter. Needless to say this will be going back to Sephora today.

on 8/26/2011 12:58:00 AM

I had this made into a sample at Sephora after reading the reviews here. Despite having poor ratings, I still wanted to try it. My skin is dry and my skin is very fair. I wear Siberia in Nars (NC 15 is too dark in MAC). VERY FAIR. For me most contouring powders are too dark or too orange. I placed a few dabs of the Laguna Illuminator on the backside of my cheek near my ear and began blending very gently forward, following my contour line. Since this product is very sheer, it was amazing for me. There is not much sparkle at all. I have to say if you are medium toned, this may not show or do anything in terms of contouring. I used so little that the tube will last me forever. I rated this a 4 because it is pricey for what I am going to use it for. I also may not have the multi-purpose use for this product as someone with a darker skin tone would.

Top Rated NARS Products