Smashbox Full Exposure

3.6

Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba, Cire de Carnauba), Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Polyester-5, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europeae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Cholesterol, Panthenol, Pantethine, Kaolin, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Simethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 2/22/2015 6:06:00 AM

I was so happy when I found smash box cosmetics in Mecca Maxima (you literally cannot find this brand in many cosmetic shops in Australia). I have really sensitive eyes and most other mascara's I have tried from different brands and they have made my eyes really itchy and red. I was so excited to find that this product did not effect my eyes at all! I curl my eyelashes before applying, and the mascara makes them thick and full and is everything I have been looking for in a mascara! This is definitely the only mascara I will be using from now on! I was also happy to note that it is the same price as all other mascara's, and not over priced :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this mascara because I wanted something would would make my already black, full, and long eyelashes pop without looking spidery. At first it looked perfect, everything was where I wanted it to be. Twenty minutes later after applying, I was asked why was there black gunk under my eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Holy Grail Mascara. I naturally have pretty long, thick lashes and this product doesn't give me clumps or spider leg eye the way many do. I swipe this through twice over each section and I'm ready to go, it's jet black, looks natural, and there's no need to fuss with curling before or combing after. I've also had no problems with flaking off or making my lashes brittle the way I commonly do with other mascaras and I feel like I've tried every mascara around as far as drug store stuff and a few mid/high end via Sephora's samples. This one is one of the few where it seems to actually make my lashes look better even out of mascara because it's so gentle. The only downside it is not waterproof- it'll survive a few minor tears but a direct hit with any type of water and you'll be doing clean up. As someone that hates waterproof mascara (they always irritate my eyes) that's not a downside, but bears mentioning if you work in a high moisture environment or know you may be crying a great deal (weddings, funerals, etc.) and don't want to be concerned with clean up even you have more important things on your mind.

on 12/28/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I recieved this in the Try It Kit for 25$. I like the brush.. Its huge. The mascara product itself is not liquidy or sticky at all. The bristles are really good at giving volume to the lashes. I found this product didn't lengthen much at all.. It clumps a little after two coats, but it doesn't give you a spider appearance. Overall, I would reccomend this to someone with long lashes lookin to thicken. The huge brush could smudge on someone with short lashes

on 12/24/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Received Full Exposure in the Shopper's Drug Mart sampler. It's alright. I like that the "Jet Black" is truly deep black. However, I find I get more volume from my L'oreal Voluminous or even cheaper Maybelline Colossal, so I won't re-purchase this in full. Nice to have non the less & I shall use it up just fine.

on 12/16/2014 7:56:00 PM

I was so disappointed by this product...it is the worst high end mascara I've tried. It performs no better than many (much cheaper) drugstore products. It will not hold a curl, and it does not add any noticeable length or volume. Essentially, it just paints my eyelashes black, which is something that a $3 mascara from e.l.f. would do. Other reviewers are right to say that it does a good job of separating lashes, but there are cheaper mascaras that do this just as well, and there are mascaras at the same pricepoint as Smashbox FE that give good separation while also adding some volume and/or length and holding curl better. I was using Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes before this...it was 10x better even though I would call it a "good, not great" product.

on 12/6/2014 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go to mascara, I love everything about it! The formula is wet so it does wonders on my thick eyelashes. I curl my lashes, do two coats to decrease clumping, and the curl stays all day. I wear this stuff even when working out and it stays in place the whole time. Another upside is that it removes easily with makeup remover. I wouldn't recommend this product to girls with thinner lashes since the formula is wet, a drier one would build better for that type lashes.

on 12/3/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this from the Smashbox Wondervision Set in Flash and I almost threw it out. ALMOST. I have asian lashes that are stick-straight and are pointing downwards, so when I got this, I was not too happy because the formula was wet and even though I curled my lashes, it would not hold the curl. So why the 5 star rating?

I noticed that my eyelashes were much longer and are separated after one coat of the Full Exposure mascara, so I thought, why not put my clumpy Maybelline Waterproof Falsies on top of it to see if it would hold the curl? After all, only waterproof mascaras are the only ones that hold the curl for my lashes in the tropical country I live in.

So I did one coat of the Falsies, and voila! I had beautiful, fanned out, LOOONG AND SEPARATED eyelashes that looked like I was naturally blessed with them!! I tried my Fairy Drops Platinum Waterproof on top of that, and BAM! I went from being "naturally blessed" with pretty lashes to looking like I really had Falsies on. So much volume, length, and drama! I don't know how to describe it at all.

You're probably thinking that I must be crazy to pile on that much mascara. Well it's only one coat for each of the Full Exposure and the Falsies to seal the curl and waterproofing. No spider legs at all, and even when I added the Fairy Drops on top of it, it did not clump and my lashes did not feel heavy or crunchy at all. The best part is that the curl did not budge and the upward angle of the curve did not droop at all. (It's a miracle!)

Without the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, I could never achieve fanned out and separated lashes. I know that this is a mascara, but for me, I use it as a base to give me lots of eyelashes and length, then I use a WATERPROOF volumizing mascara such as the Falsies on top of it. The best thing about using this mascara as my base is that I don't have to use so much of my HG Fairy Drops Platinum Mascara :)

on 12/1/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Believe it or not, I like this mascara even more than the beloved They're Real! by Benefit.

After receiving a mini size of this as a sample from Sephora and trying it for around a month, I decided to give the full size my attention and went out to buy it.
It's surprisingly only $22 CAD which I find pretty reasonable for a higher end mascara so +1 point there.

The brush is large and easy work with once you get the hang of it. After using Telescopic (with the teeny skinny brush) it was a little awkward to use the big brush of Full Exposure but with a few days practice, I'm loving it!

The mascara covers natural eyelash colour well and is very black in colour. I find I only need to do one coat of this and it doesn't clump at all. If you were to put multiple coats, I'm sure like any other mascara, it would begin clumping.. however you can you a different spoolie to fix that.

It lasts all day and although it is a non-waterproof formula, going over it with a topcoat such as The Body Shop clear eye and brow gel, it does work well with it.
It adds noticeable volume and length to my lashes.. I always receive compliments when wearing this!

Love and definitely recommend :)

on 11/13/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I received the sample version when I purchased the full exposure eyeshadow palette.

This mascara was alright. On it's own, I found that it didn't hold a curl well. It did do a good job of thickening and volumizing but none for lengthening whatsoever. I like to layer this mascara with my HG one, which is the maybelline full n' soft waterproof Version.

I would not purchase the full size of this product.

Edit (11/17/14): this mascara makes my contacts get all gross and weird. Definitely would not purchase the full size.

Top Rated Smashbox Products