January 28, 2015 | 1511 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Full Exposure

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by SaturnineScribe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail Mascara. I naturally have pretty long, thick lashes and this product doesn't give me clumps or spider leg eye the way many do. I swipe this through twice over each section and I'm ready to go, it's jet black, looks natural, and there's no need to fuss with curling before or combing after. I've also had no problems with flaking off or making my lashes brittle the way I commonly do with other mascaras and I feel like I've tried every mascara around as far as drug store stuff and a few mid/high end via Sephora's samples. This one is one of the few where it seems to actually make my lashes look better even out of mascara because it's so gentle. The only downside it is not waterproof- it'll survive a few minor tears but a direct hit with any type of water and you'll be doing clean up. As someone that hates waterproof mascara (they always irritate my eyes) that's not a downside, but bears mentioning if you work in a high moisture environment or know you may be crying a great deal (weddings, funerals, etc.) and don't want to be concerned with clean up even you have more important things on your mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Hi90girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recieved this in the Try It Kit for 25$. I like the brush.. Its huge. The mascara product itself is not liquidy or sticky at all. The bristles are really good at giving volume to the lashes. I found this product didn't lengthen much at all.. It clumps a little after two coats, but it doesn't give you a spider appearance. Overall, I would reccomend this to someone with long lashes lookin to thicken. The huge brush could smudge on someone with short lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Received Full Exposure in the Shopper's Drug Mart sampler. It's alright. I like that the "Jet Black" is truly deep black. However, I find I get more volume from my L'oreal Voluminous or even cheaper Maybelline Colossal, so I won't re-purchase this in full. Nice to have non the less & I shall use it up just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so disappointed by this product...it is the worst high end mascara I've tried. It performs no better than many (much cheaper) drugstore products. It will not hold a curl, and it does not add any noticeable length or volume. Essentially, it just paints my eyelashes black, which is something that a $3 mascara from e.l.f. would do. Other reviewers are right to say that it does a good job of separating lashes, but there are cheaper mascaras that do this just as well, and there are mascaras at the same pricepoint as Smashbox FE that give good separation while also adding some volume and/or length and holding curl better. I was using Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes before this...it was 10x better even though I would call it a "good, not great" product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my go to mascara, I love everything about it! The formula is wet so it does wonders on my thick eyelashes. I curl my lashes, do two coats to decrease clumping, and the curl stays all day. I wear this stuff even when working out and it stays in place the whole time. Another upside is that it removes easily with makeup remover. I wouldn't recommend this product to girls with thinner lashes since the formula is wet, a drier one would build better for that type lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by pinktutupuggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from the Smashbox Wondervision Set in Flash and I almost threw it out. ALMOST. I have asian lashes that are stick-straight and are pointing downwards, so when I got this, I was not too happy because the formula was wet and even though I curled my lashes, it would not hold the curl. So why the 5 star rating?

I noticed that my eyelashes were much longer and are separated after one coat of the Full Exposure mascara, so I thought, why not put my clumpy Maybelline Waterproof Falsies on top of it to see if it would hold the curl? After all, only waterproof mascaras are the only ones that hold the curl for my lashes in the tropical country I live in.

So I did one coat of the Falsies, and voila! I had beautiful, fanned out, LOOONG AND SEPARATED eyelashes that looked like I was naturally blessed with them!! I tried my Fairy Drops Platinum Waterproof on top of that, and BAM! I went from being "naturally blessed" with pretty lashes to looking like I really had Falsies on. So much volume, length, and drama! I don't know how to describe it at all.

You're probably thinking that I must be crazy to pile on that much mascara. Well it's only one coat for each of the Full Exposure and the Falsies to seal the curl and waterproofing. No spider legs at all, and even when I added the Fairy Drops on top of it, it did not clump and my lashes did not feel heavy or crunchy at all. The best part is that the curl did not budge and the upward angle of the curve did not droop at all. (It's a miracle!)

Without the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, I could never achieve fanned out and separated lashes. I know that this is a mascara, but for me, I use it as a base to give me lots of eyelashes and length, then I use a WATERPROOF volumizing mascara such as the Falsies on top of it. The best thing about using this mascara as my base is that I don't have to use so much of my HG Fairy Drops Platinum Mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Complectus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Believe it or not, I like this mascara even more than the beloved They're Real! by Benefit.

After receiving a mini size of this as a sample from Sephora and trying it for around a month, I decided to give the full size my attention and went out to buy it.
It's surprisingly only $22 CAD which I find pretty reasonable for a higher end mascara so +1 point there.

The brush is large and easy work with once you get the hang of it. After using Telescopic (with the teeny skinny brush) it was a little awkward to use the big brush of Full Exposure but with a few days practice, I'm loving it!

The mascara covers natural eyelash colour well and is very black in colour. I find I only need to do one coat of this and it doesn't clump at all. If you were to put multiple coats, I'm sure like any other mascara, it would begin clumping.. however you can you a different spoolie to fix that.

It lasts all day and although it is a non-waterproof formula, going over it with a topcoat such as The Body Shop clear eye and brow gel, it does work well with it.
It adds noticeable volume and length to my lashes.. I always receive compliments when wearing this!

Love and definitely recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received the sample version when I purchased the full exposure eyeshadow palette.

This mascara was alright. On it's own, I found that it didn't hold a curl well. It did do a good job of thickening and volumizing but none for lengthening whatsoever. I like to layer this mascara with my HG one, which is the maybelline full n' soft waterproof Version.

I would not purchase the full size of this product.

Edit (11/17/14): this mascara makes my contacts get all gross and weird. Definitely would not purchase the full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by tangenttoyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a sample and just tried it. It does nothing for my lashes and it runs. I walk my dog in the morning after doing my makeup and whenever I come in my mascara has run and its pretty embarrassing. I hate trashing like barely used products but would not dare passing this on to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by cjmathis0821

Hated this. Got it as a sample in some kit I purchased and it did absolutely nothing. I was disappointed as I had heard such good things from friends of my who love make up just as much as I do. I only used this twice and then just ended up trashing it because, it was just a total flop for me